Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Iweb

Iweb
Jsparrow02
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2011, 01:17 PM

Hello, I am new at this so not even sure if im posting the in the right section. I have a question about iweb. I am designing a website that uses one of the templates that i purchased. I also want to make a brochure with the same background as the website. Is there a way I can extract or export that image to a photoshop doc or indesign? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

andi*pandi
Oct 18, 2011, 01:43 PM

Hi there. I moved to design since it seems your question is more image related than app related...

For the answer, I'm going to say that in general, any image included with iWeb, or a template, is not going to be high enough resolution for a print brochure. Even if you are desktop printing and didn't mind fuzzy/bitmappy results, the template author/photographer might not want you to use it that way (without paying more etc).

My suggestion is to find your own image (istockphoto.com etc), buy the high-res version, and create a low-res version for use on your website. You can look inside the theme folders for the image name and replace it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2011, 01:45 PM

If all fails, just create a blank web page with that background, and then press CMD + Shift + 4.
It will let you mark an area of the screen for a screenshot, and then save it on the desktop.

So take a screenshot of that background, and import it into Photoshop.

-t

Jsparrow02  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks to you both. I thought of that turtle but was worried that the resolution would suffer if i did that. I will try it though. And Andy i may be able to get a stock photo that matches well or replace both. Thanks for the help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules