Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Bootcamp 1.1.2 on MBP...where's my upgraded trackpad features?

Bootcamp 1.1.2 on MBP...where's my upgraded trackpad features?
mikochu
Forum Regular
Nov 5, 2006, 11:42 PM

Hey folks,

I've upgraded my Windows drivers to Bootcamp 1.1.2 on my MacBook Pro. After a few tries, everything seems to work...sans the trackpad features. I've tried to manually install the trackpad drivers, but it doesn't seem to see the trackpad. Right now, Windows is using a generic HID-compliant mouse. Can anyone help point me into the right direction?

Thanks
Michael Reyes | www.mikochu.com | Power Mac G5 DC 2.3ghz, 2.5gb RAM, 320/250gb HD, Dual Sceptre 20" LCDs | MacBook Pro 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 80gb HD, 15.2" LCD, booq Vyper M2 sleeve, OGIO No Drag | iPhone 3G 16gb | iPod 60gb (5g), iPod2Car in the car | iPod 20gb (4g) in an iHome in the bathroom :)

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2006, 02:50 AM

The two finger scrolling is very buggy for me... works when it wants to sort of thing.

Just to clarify, if you want to use the trackpad to right click, you put two fingers on the trackpad AND press the trackpad button.

For some reason Apple still hasn't enabled 'tap' clicking which would be the most useful thing IMO.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

markclausing
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2006, 02:03 PM

it doesn't install the trackpad drivers for me as well, after trying manually even. A shame, because Windows irritates me after just a few minutes because of this
http://www.prinshendrikkade.com
MacBook Pro 2Ghz 2Gb 100Gb 256Mb

oallostavros
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 12:49 AM

Same problem - I have updated bootcamp - still, no 2 finger trackpad scrolling !

What gives...?

misterlao
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2006, 08:33 PM

After upgrading from the first BootCam beta to 1.1.2 my trackpad no longer functions reliably when running Windows. It works fine on the Mac and I get the trackpad features working on Windows as well, but is anyone else experiencing trackpad reliability problems, such as the cursor not moving at all?

sirdemon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2006, 04:56 PM

i too have had irritating problems with the trackpad
on my 15" MBP since upgrading to 1.1.2.
it will work fine about 50% of the time. then it will
stutter. sometimes i can't move the cursor at all.
sometimes tapping on the edges helps.
really frustrating.

i'd like to revert back to version 1.1.1.
does anyone have just the 1.1.1 driver?

bobablob
Dec 1, 2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by sirdemon View Post
i too have had irritating problems with the trackpad
on my 15" MBP since upgrading to 1.1.2.
it will work fine about 50% of the time. then it will
stutter. sometimes i can't move the cursor at all.
sometimes tapping on the edges helps.
really frustrating.

i'd like to revert back to version 1.1.1.
does anyone have just the 1.1.1 driver?
Having the same problem.

rexkramer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2006, 01:27 PM

same here – "glad" to find people with this issues!
searched since the 1.1.2 update was avail., seemed i am alone on this planet ;-)

- MBP 1,83 Dual Core, 1.1.1. Bootcamp
- than 1.1.2 update fails with script errors and serveral other messages.
- tried every mac driver install (resh download, new burned Disk, from folder, disk-image etc.) , no success
- i noticed that all Mac driver installs went into -> Win HD -> programs ! There u could manually start/install each driver!
- i know, WIN driver registry can be tricky and really annoying, but i guess i 've tried everything with manual de-install, and re-install from 1.1.2 folder. NO SUCCESS.

Any clues or further suggestions?
TIA!
CU!
( Last edited by rexkramer; Dec 3, 2006 at 01:28 PM. Reason: email notify - subscription activated ;-))

barnardeep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 11:56 PM

I cannot get the new trackpad features to work either. i downloaded the applemouse thing that turns the crtl button to a right click but that kind of messed it up for me when i had to use the control button for some other programs.

this site is interesting, im currently using this right now.
Adding right-click and a delete button with Boot Camp | Alan J. Hogan

if anyone can get the mouse to work with boot camp 1.1.2, please let me know. thank you.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 19, 2007, 11:41 AM

I'm running XP just fine on my MBP without special trackpad features. But I plopped down $10 for a decent little "two button plus scroll wheel" optical mouse (which I use with OS X as well) and it does everything I want with XP-in the way I'm used to dealing with XP.

I don't think this issue should be dropped, but there's a way to deal if the driver doesn't work right now.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2007, 05:26 PM

I'm running 1.1.2 on a MBP 17" with no trackpad problems. That is to say, two-finger scrolling functions, two-finger-and-thumb right-clicking works, too. I definitely installed the newest drivers when I updated bootcamp.

So! Is there anything I can check on my install that might help you guys figure out what is going on here?

To let you know: my driver update procedure does not normally involve removing older drivers. I do reinstall Windows periodically, but I don't think I have wiped out my Windows XP install since the last driver update hit, so I have no idea if I'm working with some old driver version (say, one version back) or if I have the newest one.

Here are my details:
WinXP Pro SP 2 (OEM version)
MBP 17" Revision A
and .. that's prolly all that is relevant.

Forum Links
Forum Rules