Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pelosi visiting a terrorist Country. Where is the outrage for this?

Pelosi visiting a terrorist Country. Where is the outrage for this?
typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2007, 10:58 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/...rip/index.html

This goes to show that the democrats DO help the terrorists.

Also "Late last year, Democratic U.S. Sens. John Kerry and Christopher Dodd, both senior members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, met with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad and challenged his government to play a more constructive role in the region."

Yeah right more constructive role in teh region. WTF are these people thinking?
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2007, 11:17 PM

What they're thinking is that there might be something to the Iraq Study Group's recommendation to talk directly with the powers in the region, even the ones we don't like. It's as simple as that. Bush won't do it, so Congress is taking it upon itself to do it.

I'm not sure if it's the best idea in the world, myself, as we have a State Department that is supposed to be handling stuff like this, and while Congress ought to be involved, I'm not sure if they really ought ot be going and playing Diplomat. But at least I understand their motivation. And I find it strange that the President seems to be publically critisizing the "private" part of the Pelosi trip. Was the fact she was going to Syria public knowledge before today? Did she get "Plamed"?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2007, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by typoon View Post
Michael Savage:
SAVAGE: It's becoming increasingly clear to me that God wants radical Islam on this planet at this time -- that it's not actually the scourge you think it is. What it is -- it's a counterpoint to the Romanization of the United States of America and the West. The collapse -- the spiritual collapse of the West, the death of the West in that regard, is being countered by the birth of fanatic religion, which is fundamentally a fanatic love of God, when you think about it.

[...]

SAVAGE: And God, who is the center of this monotheistic religion, has said, "Oh, you don't worship me anymore? Oh, you don't like me anymore? Oh, I don't exist anymore? Really? All right, I'm going to show you boys in Hollywood and you girls in New York City that I do exist. But since you're very hard-headed, stiff-necked people, and you don't really believe that I exist because you've gotten away with everything you've done all your life without any repercussions, I'm going to show you I exist in a way that you can't believe." Down came the World Trade Center towers. That was God speaking.
Religious conservatives ARE the terrorists.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2007, 12:22 AM

Also "Late last year, Democratic U.S. Sens. John Kerry and Christopher Dodd, both senior members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, met with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad and challenged his government to play a more constructive role in the region."

How exactly are the Democrats helping the terrorists?

It's become obvious over the past years that these countries aren't afraid of our military. The Iraq war hasn't scared them. If anything, our invasion of Iraq has emboldened them, because they know America is more than willing to bite off more than it can chew. It's time to try something else.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 12:34 AM

My goodness! We certainly shouldn't be talking to them; we should just blow them all off the face of the earth! I mean violence solves everything! I thought everybody knew that! I mean, how dare they have different viewpoints than us? Who do they think they are?
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

imacfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2007, 12:43 AM

Wish I had five gold stars to my name.... maybe in another 6 years if we are all still here...
All one has to do to understand who's in control of the media (the real blame toward current misunderstandings... after all, look what even the Iraqi's use for propaganda) is to observe with whom they are siding. In other words... who are we basically told to hate each day? The media calls TERRORISTS "insurgents" while they call President Bush any number of names all the while supposedly quoting "white house sources." Who are these "white house sources?" Why can't they use names? I'll tell you why. It's because these so called "sources" are other idiots, at any one of these particular networks, who stand around the water cooler that morning spouting what they 'think' about current policy. If not the name the source!
BTW, while on the subject, have you ever noticed how the media and democratic talking heads all call President Bush "this president?" They always have. It's as though they think if they use his name they'll be doing him a political favor. Somebody needs to tell them that it's ok. The country no longer allows for a 3rd term.

tie
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2007, 01:55 AM

White House criticizes Pelosi's planned Syria visit - CNN.com

That is really despicable, typoon, thanks for bringing it up! I am outraged!

Did you know that Colin Powell also visited Syria when he was Sec State? He was on the side of the terrorists! Unbelievable. Do you think Bush supported his visit? Does that mean Bush DOES help the terrorists?

I am really concerned about the future of our country, typoon, when so many of our leaders -- including apparently the leaders of both our major political parties -- are on the side of the terrorists. Definitely keep us updated as to the status of this important story.

"What counts now is performance... We're looking for a new attitude on the part of Syria." -Powell
WTF was he thinking?
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2007, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by tie View Post
Did you know that Colin Powell also visited Syria when he was Sec State? He was on the side of the terrorists! Unbelievable. Do you think Bush supported his visit? Does that mean Bush DOES help the terrorists?
: insert your choice of pwned graphic here :
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2007, 05:56 AM

It's the most wise decision for the US to approach Syria and to try to convince it to give up support for the Hezbollah/Hamas/Islamic Jihad-organizations. Syria has repeatedly said that it is ready for that: All that it wants is to get back the Golan-heights from Israel, within a comprehensive peace-agreement.

The other point is to get Syria to better control its borders and to stop foreign fighters from crossing into Iraq.

Both points are very important in order to stabilise the region. A successful convincing of Syria along these lines, would break up the alliance between Syria and Iran...

Taliesin

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 06:31 AM

Didn't we meet with terrorist country North Korea also? That's an outrage!!!
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2007, 11:50 AM

And what about Saudi-Arabia?

It's well-known they FUND and RAISE terrorists.

Jesus Christ, we buy OIL from these people!

subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2007, 12:34 PM

While I approve of the idea of talking to Syria (even though I can't stand them), isn't the State Department the only one legally allowed to engage in foreign policy? I know this was something of an issue in Afghanistan during the 80's... or would have been if Reagan didn't buy into the plan when he learned about it.

If that's the case, what's the point?

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2007, 04:04 PM

snip...
Republican Reps. Aderholt and Wolf are currently visiting Syria. According to a congressional official on Rep. Robert Aderholt’s (R-AL) staff, Aderholt and Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) are currently visiting Israel and Syria.

Republican Rep. Hobson accompanying Pelosi on Syria visit. Speaker Pelosi will be traveling with a contingent of members of Congress to Syria. The delegation includes Reps. David Hobson (R-OH), Keith Ellison (D-MN), Tom Lantos (D-CA), Henry Waxman (D-CA), Louise Slaughter (D-NY), Nick Rahall (D-WV).
via Think Progress � Exclusive: Republican Delegation Currently Visiting Syria, Spared From White House Attacks

Are the Republicans helping the terrorists as well? Where's the moral outrage about this?

faragbre967
Senior User
Mar 31, 2007, 04:10 PM

I think that this is a gross over step by Pelosi. The executive branch is traditionally, and constitutionally, supposed to be the diplomats overseas. Ever since 9/11 it seems like we forgot what the Constitution was written for. Both the executive and the legislative branches need to get their **** together, cause they seem to have forgotten their jobs.

That said, I hate Nancy Pelosi. A lot.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2007, 04:16 PM

The best MacNN threads of all time have all come from people who have just gone off half-cocked, I love it!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 04:40 PM

Looks like Nancy Pelosi, as the Speaker of the House, is just doing her job?

Who Makes U.S. Foreign Policy? - What is Foreign Policy? - The President, Congress, and Foreign Policy

The Role of the Congress

"Senate and House members often travel abroad on fact-finding missions to places deemed vital to U.S. national interests."

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 04:47 PM

Other news, Nancy Pelosi visits:

North Korea, Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Cuba!!!!

Atomic Rooster
Mar 31, 2007, 05:25 PM

Like some other person said "I can't believe Sanjaya hasn't been voted off yet".

Macrobat
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2007, 06:46 PM

Official US foreign policy lists Syria as a pariah state and a supporter of terrorism. Official diplomatic recognition has been withdrawn. You know, the same foreign policy that is the sole purview of the Executive Branch, yet Pelosi and other deliberately ignore this - this is known as treason.

The fact that previous SecStates and even the current one, has/have visited is moot, as the president had not withdrawn their diplomatic recognition until recently. It is the PRESIDENT'S perogative to establish foeign policy - not the Legislative Branch's.

This is known as treason.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

analogika
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2007, 06:59 PM

Well, I hope they hang her, and all those Republicans accompanying her, for it.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 07:54 PM

US Politics has always been cartoonish, but lately it's been more Garfield than Calvin and Hobbes.

Atomic Rooster
Mar 31, 2007, 08:02 PM

Doesn't this look like a terrorist?

( Last edited by Atomic Rooster; Mar 31, 2007 at 11:57 PM. )

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
It's the most wise decision for the US to approach Syria and to try to convince it to give up support for the Hezbollah/Hamas/Islamic Jihad-organizations. Syria has repeatedly said that it is ready for that: All that it wants is to get back the Golan-heights from Israel, within a comprehensive peace-agreement.

The other point is to get Syria to better control its borders and to stop foreign fighters from crossing into Iraq.

Both points are very important in order to stabilise the region. A successful convincing of Syria along these lines, would break up the alliance between Syria and Iran...

Taliesin
Try and convince Syria to stop supporting Hezbullah, Hamas Islamic Jihad Organizations? Yeah that's going to happen...

It's like everyone trying to "negotiate" with the Mad Man from Iran. Even the UK has shown weakness when it's sailors are captured they are doing more talk than trying to get them back. The Mad Man in Iran KNOWS the west won't do anything so he can play it anyway he wants. Or trying to convince him to stop his nuclear plans. All these People understand is VIOLENCE.

We will all die from global warming before there is peace in the middle east as long as these Islamofacists are still around.

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Looks like Nancy Pelosi, as the Speaker of the House, is just doing her job?

Who Makes U.S. Foreign Policy? - What is Foreign Policy? - The President, Congress, and Foreign Policy

The Role of the Congress

"Senate and House members often travel abroad on fact-finding missions to places deemed vital to U.S. national interests."
Yes but how is Visiting places like Syria a KNOWN terrorist supported vital to national interests?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 10:41 PM

"Know your enemy?"

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 11:05 PM

All these People understand is VIOLENCE.
And your solution is... violence?

So do you suppose there's an Iranian nutter somewhere saying "these people only understand VIOLENCE!"?

I understand that "your people" try to warn us about "those people" because "your people" understand "those people" better than "my people" do.

The mistake "my people" make is thinking "your people" and "those people" think like us. "If only we could just hold hands" they think. In that regard, you're right. It'll never fly.

Idiocy has no borders, no race and no class (and very little style).

If pain persists consult your doctor.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 11:26 PM

Pelosi, along with some Democrats and Republicans, is going to Syria soon. Republican congressmen are in Syria right now. Let's all guess who the ninnies will accuse of helping the terrorists.

Atomic Rooster
Mar 31, 2007, 11:55 PM

Smackdown. End of thread. Typ[h]oon is just a fart not a big wind..

Too lazy to make bold and add a goofy picture.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Macrobat View Post
Official US foreign policy lists Syria as a pariah state and a supporter of terrorism. Official diplomatic recognition has been withdrawn. You know, the same foreign policy that is the sole purview of the Executive Branch, yet Pelosi and other deliberately ignore this - this is known as treason.

The fact that previous SecStates and even the current one, has/have visited is moot, as the president had not withdrawn their diplomatic recognition until recently. It is the PRESIDENT'S perogative to establish foeign policy - not the Legislative Branch's.

Please. I know that George Bush thinks he's a dictator, but it just ain't so. Please learn something about the subject you're attempting to address. Everything is not as black and white as you seem to think it is.

CRS Report to Congress

Foreign Policy Roles of the President and Congress

Summary

The United States Constitution divides the foreign policy powers between the President and Congress so that both share in the making of foreign policy. The executive and legislative branches each play important roles that are different but that often overlap. Both branches have continuing opportunities to initiate and change foreign policy, and the interaction between them continues indefinitely throughout the life of a policy.

This report identifies and illustrates 12 basic ways to make U.S. foreign policy. The President or the executive branch can make foreign policy through:

1) -- responses to foreign events
2) -- proposals for legislation
3) -- negotiation of international agreements
4) -- policy statements
5) -- policy implementation
6) -- independent action.

In nearly all of these circumstances, Congress can either support the President's approach or seek to change it. In the case of independent Presidential action, it may be very difficult to change policy in the short term; in the case of a legislative proposal by the executive branch or treaties and international agreements submitted to the Senate or Congress for approval, Congress has a decisive voice. In most cases Congress supports the President, but it often makes significant modifications in his initiatives in the process of approving them.

Congress can make foreign policy through:

1) -- resolutions and policy statements
2) -- legislative directives
3) -- legislative pressure
4) -- legislative restrictions/funding denials
5) -- informal advice
6) -- congressional oversight.

In these circumstances, the executive branch can either support or seek to change congressional policies as it interprets and carries out legislative directives and restrictions, and decides when and whether to adopt proposals and advice.

The practices illustrated in this report indicate that making U.S. foreign policy is a complex process, and the support of both branches is required for a strong and effective U.S. foreign policy.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2007, 01:06 AM

Good grief. No it isn't. The White House said that this sort of thing was "discouraged".

Does the White House only "discourage" treason now? Sounds more like something the UN would do.

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
Pelosi, along with some Democrats and Republicans, is going to Syria soon. Republican congressmen are in Syria right now. Let's all guess who the ninnies will accuse of helping the terrorists.

Ya gotta admit that the fact there are a bunch of people from Congress doing it makes it somewhat less odd.

If it was just Pelosi, wouldn't you think that was a little weird? Even if only from a "perception is reality in politics" standpoint?

Nicko
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2007, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Good grief. No it isn't. The White House said that this sort of thing was "discouraged".

Does the White House only "discourage" treason now? Sounds more like something the UN would do.

I heard Bush frowns upon treason.

RIRedinPA
Senior User
Apr 3, 2007, 08:23 AM

You do realize that on Sunday three Republicans meet with Assad (he's the President of Syria) - Reps. Frank Wolf, Joe Pitts and Robert Aderholt in Damascus.

Could you explain how their visit helps the Republican party deter terrorism while Pelosi's supports it?
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

RIRedinPA
Senior User
Apr 3, 2007, 08:26 AM

We declared war on Syria?
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

tie
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by RIRedinPA View Post
You do realize that on Sunday three Republicans meet with Assad (he's the President of Syria) - Reps. Frank Wolf, Joe Pitts and Robert Aderholt in Damascus.

Could you explain how their visit helps the Republican party deter terrorism while Pelosi's supports it?
Well, to quote Macrobat,

[Democrats doing anything at all] is known as treason.
Next, he'll tell how Pelosi rode in a limo for two blocks. The horror!!

finboy
Apr 3, 2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by typoon

WTF are these people thinking?
[ignorant indignation]
So what? Don Rumsfeld visited SADDAM HUSSEIN and shook his HAND for crying out loud. I saw the picture on teh Intraweb.
[/ignorant indignation]

She's responding to the 'you don't know, you haven't been there' crowd. What she doesn't understand, nor do any of the Lefties (it has nothing to do with being Pelosi, per se) is that all of the people she's talking to over there are LAUGHING AT HER. First, as a woman, she's one step up from cars and horses in the food chain -- fifty years ago she would have been someone's property. Secondly, her position is one of capitulation, something that nobody in Syria has ever understood. The "let's sit down and talk it over" mode doesn't work, but nobody in the delegation's taken the time to have their staff read a little history. Some of that criticism applies to the Bushies for expecting folks in the middle east to take Condi Rice seriously (or April Glasby (sp) for that matter).

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2007, 05:04 PM

Meanwhile, John McCain and three other Republican congressmen foolishly endanger the lives of US Servicemen in Baghdad to put on a political stunt designed to show that the streets there are safe enough for anyone to walk down unmolested.

Sure, if you're a Senator/Presidential Candidate with 100 US soldiers and a couple Apache 'copters providing security....

The spouse of a currently serving member of the armed forces comments on the stunt, with links to the NY Times article.
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2007, 05:35 PM

Is anybody keeping count of the smackdowns in this thread? I tried but I could not keep up.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2007, 06:23 PM

Where IS Spliffdaddy?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2007, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
She's responding to the 'you don't know, you haven't been there' crowd. What she doesn't understand, nor do any of the Lefties (it has nothing to do with being Pelosi, per se) is that all of the people she's talking to over there are LAUGHING AT HER. First, as a woman, she's one step up from cars and horses in the food chain -- fifty years ago she would have been someone's property. Secondly, her position is one of capitulation, something that nobody in Syria has ever understood. The "let's sit down and talk it over" mode doesn't work, but nobody in the delegation's taken the time to have their staff read a little history. Some of that criticism applies to the Bushies for expecting folks in the middle east to take Condi Rice seriously (or April Glasby (sp) for that matter).
Judging from the Syrian reaction today, the only person they seem to still seem to be laughing at is Bush.

tie
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by G Barnett View Post
Meanwhile, John McCain and three other Republican congressmen foolishly endanger the lives of US Servicemen in Baghdad to put on a political stunt designed to show that the streets there are safe enough for anyone to walk down unmolested.

Sure, if you're a Senator/Presidential Candidate with 100 US soldiers and a couple Apache 'copters providing security....
McCain argued that things are improving because previously it wouldn't have been safe for him to walk through the market even with 100 US soldiers and helicopters providing security. That may be true, but it is extremely unconvincing. Rep. Mike Pense went a lot further, and claimed the market was “like a normal outdoor market in Indiana in the summertime." This guy is really on drugs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/03/wo...l?ref=politics

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2007, 05:06 AM

I'm outrage!!! How can Pelosi defy King George. King George is not please. Off with her head for treason. Especially since she's a woman. A woman's place is at home, taking care of the kids, putting food on the table, and pleasing her man. How dare her.

Nicko
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2007, 05:43 AM

Wearing a flowered head scarf and a black abaya robe, Pelosi visited the 8th-century Omayyad Mosque. She made the sign of the cross in front of an elaborate tomb which is said to contain the head of John the Baptist. About 10 percent of Syria's 18 million people are Christian.

At the nearby outdoor Bazouriyeh market, Syrians crowded around, offering her dried figs and nuts and chatting with her. She bought some coconut sweets and looked at jewelry and carpets.

---

When will the madness end?

Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2007, 09:07 AM

eh hem...

finboy
Apr 4, 2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Judging from the Syrian reaction today, the only person they seem to still seem to be laughing at is Bush.
You mean "judging from the Syrian reaction as it was portrayed by the media." Say it that way -- it's more honest. Ask some folks from the region about how this is viewed, and get back to us on it.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2007, 12:51 PM

Ask some folks from the region about how this is viewed, and get back to us on it.
Did you?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2007, 07:10 PM

Where's the outrage at this? Horses Mouth April 3, 2007 07:39 PM

This goes to show that the Republicans do help the therrorists! Freakin' hypocrites!

Let's see if all the big news outlets who lavished so much coverage on the White House's attack on Nancy Pelosi for her trip to Syria have any time for this.

It's well known by now that even as the White House was slamming Pelosi for her Syria trip GOP House members were making their own trip to Syria. This has drawn lots of attention already.

But check this out: It now looks like the White House might have actually been helping these House Republicans arrange their trip to Syria at the same time they were criticizing Pelosi for going there! Who's the source of this allegation? The chief of staff to one of the GOP Congressmen who went to Syria, that's who!

Take a look at this story from Pennsylvania's Lancaster Intelligencer Journal:

While U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's upcoming visit to Syria has caused the White Houe to bristle, a little-publicized rendezvous took place Sunday between Syria's president and Lancaster County's congressman.
And though Bush administration officials have been criticizing Pelosi, it's not clear what role the White House and the U.S. Department of State played when U.S. Rep. Joe Pitts and two other Republican congressmen met with Syrian President Bassar Assad.

Pitts is a Chester County Republican who represents Lancaster County.

Gabe Neville, Pitts' chief of staff, said Monday the conference between Assad and the three Republicans was intended to be "low profile."

"It was done in cooperation with the administration," he said.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the chief of staff to this Republican Congressman who went to Syria stated unequivocally that this trip was "done in cooperation with the administration." That would be the very same administration that has spent days and days attacking Pelosi for doing the same thing -- attacks that the big news orgs have eagerly spent a great deal of time and resources amplifying.

It's unclear what this GOP chief of staff's description of "cooperation" between these members of Congress and the administration means in practice. It could end up amounting to nothing at all. But it's certainly worthy of follow-up questions, wouldn't you agree?

We'll be pursuing it tomorrow.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Apr 5, 2007, 07:07 AM

From the Washington Post:
Ms. Pelosi announced that she had delivered a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that "Israel was ready to engage in peace talks" with Syria.
Only one problem: The Israeli prime minister entrusted Ms. Pelosi with no such message.
Pilosi is moonbat crazy.
Now she's dictating foreign policy of other countries.
Queen Pilosi. The power has went to her head.
God help us all.

Washington Post.
All men are created equal, but what they do after that point puts them on a sliding scale.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 5, 2007, 10:31 AM

Ask some folks from the region about how this is viewed, and get back to us on it.
And then, after he goes to the region to ask some folks, we can accuse him of supporting teh terrorists!!!

finboy
Apr 5, 2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
And then, after he goes to the region to ask some folks, we can accuse him of supporting teh terrorists!!!
I guess Pelosi talked to some people, but didn't really listen to what they said. Kinda like what some folks here appear inclined to do from time to time.

In the course of earning her Diplomacy merit badge, she managed to lie about her conversation with the Israeli PM. Oops.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 5, 2007, 12:28 PM

I guess Pelosi talked to some people, but didn't really listen to what they said. Kinda like what some folks here appear inclined to do from time to time.

In the course of earning her Diplomacy merit badge, she managed to lie about her conversation with the Israeli PM. Oops.
Perhaps. But, does that mean she's supporting terrorists simply by visiting Syria (as suggested by the thread's title)?

Get the story straight: is she being criticized for going to Syria, or is she being criticized for what she did there? One can easily observe a shift in the criticism in this thread alone. First, she was criticized just for going there. Then, as information emerged that some Republicans had also gone there, the criticism shifts to what she did when she was there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules