Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > ...I left WoW, now what?

...I left WoW, now what?
harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2009, 11:08 PM

Hey all. I wanted to get the community's opinion on something. I began playing World of Warcraft during it's initial beta phase, and had played it until very recently. What sort of RPG/MMORPG would offer similar (note: not the same) playability/re-playability?

I'm in my 30's, have a family and work a full-time job, so I don't necessarily need something that I can play 15+ hours a day. At the same time, I would like something that I don't "beat" in three hours and will offer an immersive experience.

So, with that said, would anybody have any ideas? I suppose the game wouldn't have to be an MMORPG, but I know that most games I've played as described above fall into that category.

Thank you ahead of time!
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

klb5090
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2009, 11:15 PM

Fallout 3
/thread

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2009, 11:29 PM

I'll also recommend Fallout 3. Start on hard, try to find every nook and cranny, should easily be 100+ hours of immersion.

You just might want to play again afterwards too.

harbinger75  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2009, 12:16 AM

/Duly noted.
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2009, 08:09 AM

Guild Wars. IMO it's way, way better than WoW.

If you aren't terribly interested in PVP, the RPG half of the game is enormous and will take you a long time to complete - apparently just getting 70% of the quests and worlds (there are four) completed is a big deal.

You can get a ten-hour trial to be able to check it out - it's almost entirely full-featured, so you can get a good idea of whether or not it would interest you in the long term.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules