Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Criterion)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Criterion)
Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Dec 6, 2012, 04:34 AM

To avoid derailing other threads and with K already with great experience and Crosbie to join in, I figured a new thread would at least keep us organized

Just finished up the Most Wanted list and knocked out a few of the collectibles.

I spent a lot of time in between races searching for the gates, speed cameras, and billboards. After completing the 10 Most Wanted I began the search to knock out those collectibles. Had to resort to the guide/map for 3 billboards which I could absolutely NOT find anywhere, turns out they were in areas with 5/6 other billboards and were close to locations i felt like i had already searched. As far as Speed Cameras, those came easily, finished up the most wanted list with 63/66 cameras and after a quick spin in the more remote areas grabbed those three. But security gates... that's another story

I'm currently at 126/135 and with no map of already completed gates, i'm lost of what to do. I've spent some time searching but no absolutely no avail. Any advice her KCrosbie?

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2012, 10:23 PM

The security gates were definitely the hardest to obtain considering that they did not have the locations listed in the in-game map. Be careful as some of them don't register when you smash through them. Make sure as you smash through each gate that your progress meter pops up. I had 1 or 2 gates that didn't register as there has been confirmation that some of the gates are glitched depending on how fast you smash through them.. I just dashboarded out and did it again by smashing through them at higher speeds. I found a good interactive map of gates listed here that has all the locations of the gates. It took me awhile and you'll have to keep eyeballing the in-game map as you progress throughout New Haven. Kind of a pain. Good luck!

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 13, 2012, 08:18 AM

Utilized a pretty inclusive map on True Achievements and am currently sitting at 134/135 gates, I've gone through the map twice and absolutely cannot find my missing gate. Frustrating to say the least

EDIT: read online to start a new game and check them off as you go, i wonder if this will reset my entire Most Wanted score?
Also Kcrosbie have any availability this week to help me knock off those two friend multi achievements?

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 13, 2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Utilized a pretty inclusive map on True Achievements and am currently sitting at 134/135 gates, I've gone through the map twice and absolutely cannot find my missing gate. Frustrating to say the least

EDIT: read online to start a new game and check them off as you go, i wonder if this will reset my entire Most Wanted score?
Also KCrosbie have any availability this week to help me knock off those two friend multi achievements?
After jumping into some multiplayer for a few hours (finished off the Modfather Achievement). I went back to the search for my lone security gate before i resorted to a complete restart and search. Found myself using a youtube guide for the more congested areas and while searching an area I was sure was done i noticed a small (two gates wide) entrance right next to another opening... finally 135/135

Only need my two friend based multi achievements for 100% game completion.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2012, 07:42 PM

I see you already completed it. Congrats! According to True Achievements you're the 426th gamer to complete it out of 7,777 tracked gamers. That's pretty good. When I finished it I was the 164th gamer to complete it which was the fastest I've ever completed a game. Anyways you beat it just in time before the first DLC comes out next week. I'm not sure if it has cheevos, but knowing Criterion it probably does. It comes out on the 18th and the details can be found here.

The DLC has 5 new cars and a new most wanted rival. Can't wait!

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 15, 2012, 06:05 PM

Yea finally finished up those last two achievements and now I've completed the original NFS MW in 2006 at 100% and now the new Criteron game in 2012.

Moving on to Halo 4 legendary campaign...

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2012, 07:40 PM

DLC launched today for $10. Kind of disappointed with only 4 achievements worth a total of 80 GS. Downloading it now. I'll let you know how it is.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012, 11:03 PM

Been playing the DLC and just finished the two single player achievements. One of them took a minute as you have to win all races with each of the 5 DLC cars (25 races total). If you get the DLC Bogues, I may need to get with you on a few multiplayer sessions. I know for one of the achievements, one of the tasks you have to do is jump over 6 racers off one jump at the airfield in a multiplayer game. Gonna need to join a boosting session for that.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2012, 01:32 PM

So I slapped this back in and tried to get the first car, the Alfa. I'm only 2 secs behind KCrosbie and I just couldn't beat the bastard, always crashing or getting hit by the cops or being passed just at the last moment. Then what must have been attempt 20 we were neck and neck throughout the race, always crashing together or getting slammed. I beat him, with a time of nearly 4 mins. A classic it wasn't!!

After pumping the air, I then hear that you have to take the fooker down !!! Several more minutes of police chases and being caught later, I finally managed to do it. Hardly enjoyable though, hope the others are better.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2013, 04:49 AM

Games screwed up. I downloaded the free content and restarted the game. Now every time I start the game it asks me if I want to download the free content. I say yes and it re-downloads it, I restart the game, and I get the same question about downloading the free content.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2013, 11:31 AM

Select "No" the next time it asks you and see what happens. You might want to try clearing your cache on the xbox to see if that helps.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 1, 2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Select "No" the next time it asks you and see what happens.  You might want to try clearing your cache on the xbox to see if that helps.
"No" has the same behaviour. I'll try the cache clearing thing. Cheers.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2013, 05:26 PM

I get the same error Matty. I tried clearing my cache, but it didn't work. I just select no when it asks if I want to download the update and it boots the game up. Kind of annoying, but it works. Did you purchase the DLC? If so, did you purchase it before downloading the update? I think that's why I'm getting that error.

Hey Bogues, why didn't you respond to my game invite. We could have hammered out some DLC achievements. Or did you buy it yet?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2013, 07:03 AM

IIRC it was a 0 MS Points purchase. I haven't bought anything else for the game. I do remember quitting NFS and going to the dashboard to download - having been told that downloading is faster when NOT in game. Like you wrote, it doesn't break the game but still ...

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2013, 12:38 AM

So the 2nd title update came out yesterday. 2GB in size and its free. The update includes 35 multiplayer races and 45 new billboards. There are also 3 different DLCs totaling 2800 M$ points or you can buy all 3 in the deluxe version for 2000 points.

Check out the DLC descriptions which includes a new area added which is the Hughes International Airport here.

Forum Links
Forum Rules