Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > quake 4 cd key

quake 4 cd key
mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2006, 03:25 PM

No its not what you think.
I bought quake 4, popped in the disc in, loaded it on my machine and it asked for the cd key.

The manual says its on the jewel case and the game says its on either the case or in the manual.

For the life of me, I cannot find it.

I have a big sticker on the box that begins with thats in the format of AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE but the game refuses to accept anymore characters beyond the DDDD portion.

I'm usually obtuse so bear with me but for the life of me, I cannot locate what could be the license key. Is it possible that I got a disc w/o one?
Michael

mac128k-1984  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2006, 03:29 PM

never mind, if I type in the aaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeee without dashes it works

I told you I was obtuse
Michael

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2006, 11:53 PM

Yeah, I just bought it awhile ago and had the same problem.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

ramenov
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2006, 08:21 PM

Wait, what was the solution to this problem? I just bought the game; just came in the mail. It says enter the CD key when I run the game. It says the CD key is on the back of the jewel case or on the back of the manual. I cannot, for the life of me, find the CD key. Anywhere.
Can someone please tell me specifically where it's located on the CD case or the manual?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2006, 10:06 PM

My CD key was on the inside of the CD case (on the back of the CD cover paper on a sticker). Mac128 shows it's format, but you have to enter it without the dashes.
MacBook Pro

ramenov
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2006, 04:04 PM

It's not there either. I've searched the entire manual page-by-page and haven't found anything.

mac1896
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ramenov
It's not there either. I've searched the entire manual page-by-page and haven't found anything.
I hope you didn't throw it out by accident. When I went to enter my key, I had to go back through the kitchen trash to get my key back (it was on the CD case wrapper) !

Gee, I hope they're friendly..........

ramenov
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2006, 12:07 AM

Ahhh! I found it! On the wrapper, in the garbage next to a water bottle! Thank you, good sir! Thank you! You have made my day so much better!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2006, 01:39 AM

Geez, what a lame place for an essential piece of info.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2006, 12:30 PM

they really should make it a standard practice to put CD keys -inside- the same case where the game CD/DVD is....... not outside, or on the thin plastic shrink-wrap.

Don't bully me, I got an Uzi... HOO-HAH!

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2006, 12:56 PM

exactly. what's to stop people from going to a store and copying down the serial numbers if it's on the shrinkwrap?

-r.

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2006, 12:37 PM

i meant that there's usually -TWO- layers of shrinkwrap........ they should put the activation key -INSIDE- the 2nd shrinkwrap....... not put it on the first, outter layer.......

shrinkwrap #1 -> retail cardboard box (what you see) -> shrinkwrap #2 -> CD/DVD jewelcase (or sometimes a cardboard CD sleeve)

common sense..... if they can't put it on the 2nd shrinkwrap, they should put it -INSIDE- the jewelcase.

Or...... what i would think is better is if they 'etched' a 3d holographic image or printed an image depicting the activation key -ON- the surface of the disc.

Don't bully me, I got an Uzi... HOO-HAH!

bypasser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 11:05 AM

Yarr I'm a pirate
( Last edited by Peter; Nov 14, 2006 at 12:45 PM. Reason: warez.)

bypasser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 01:15 PM

how do you solve something in quake 4 like... the whole environment is freaking green...

mac1896
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bypasser View Post
how do you solve something in quake 4 like... the whole environment is freaking green...
Pirateing is severly frowned upon in these waters, matey.

Maybe you should make your key generator walk the plank unless it tells you why everything is all green..........

Yarrrrr, you're a pirate.........
Gee, I hope they're friendly..........

jordan4044
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2007, 09:53 PM

Hey, I have the game but, I don't have the box, CD case, CD key or anything else like that. I would really really appreciate it if someone would just tell me what the code is here or even email me at via [email protected].

Are you allowed to post it here on the comment posts, so that people whom would really like to know EXACTLY what the true CD key for Quake 4 actually is. I think that would be a smart thing to do. Thanks a bunch!

-Q-
Jul 27, 2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by jordan4044 View Post
Hey, I have the game but, I don't have the box, CD case, CD key or anything else like that. I would really really appreciate it if someone would just tell me what the code is here or even email me at via [email protected].

Are you allowed to post it here on the comment posts, so that people whom would really like to know EXACTLY what the true CD key for Quake 4 actually is. I think that would be a smart thing to do. Thanks a bunch!
Each CD comes with its own unique code. If you're 'smart' enough to pirate the game, you must have the chops to track down a CD key.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jordan4044 View Post

Any keys posted on the internet will likely be disabled by the game maker as CD Keys are unique to each copy of the game sold.

If you have a ligitimate copy of the game and registered it, the game maker will likely provide you with a new CD key (one of the advantages of registering).
( Last edited by Leonard; Jul 27, 2007 at 01:42 PM. )
MacBook Pro

nighthype
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2007, 05:15 AM

©öñFü$íóÑ how i find the quake4 cd jewel case i click the game its loading and it want cd jewel case?? what i must do

nighthype
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2007, 05:45 AM

can somebody tell me what is the right CD-Key

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by nighthype View Post
©öñFü$íóÑ how i find the quake4 cd jewel case i click the game its loading and it want cd jewel case?? what i must do

ouerarun
Banned
Aug 6, 2012, 07:14 PM

I ALSO bought it awhile ago and had the same problem

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ouerarun View Post
I ALSO bought it awhile ago and had the same problem
Well, aren't you glad that you found a thread that has the solution that worked six years ago...

Forum Links
Forum Rules