Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 7.1 White Screen problem

iTunes 7.1 White Screen problem
Ryan1524
Senior User
Mar 13, 2007, 11:53 PM

I just upgraded to 10.4.9, and iTunes 7.1 I happen to do this all at once, so now I don't know who ****ed up. But my iTunes screen won't refresh. Once open, i can play, and advance songs, etc. However, the big list will stay white. It only changes when I open the iTunes store. And once there, it will be stuck there, it doesn't go back to white when i click on ANY of my playlist.

It also does NOT respond to changing the playlist style. Permissions repair did nothing. Quitting and restarting didn't do anything. I'm not even using themes.

Anybody with the same problem?
Ryan

drp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2007, 12:09 AM

I had the same problem on three of my four Intel Macs. The solution was to rename iTunes.app and reinstall it from the full installer downloaded from Apple's web site. Once the new version was working, I deleted the old version.

The only difference between the systems in my case is that I had UNO installed on the machines that failed.

Ryan1524  (op)
Senior User
Mar 14, 2007, 12:16 AM

I had UNO too. Found a pattern. I'll try your thing and post back.

It works. thanks a million.
Ryan

Forum Links
Forum Rules