Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > finder bugs / classic bugs

finder bugs / classic bugs
michel
Nov 28, 2001, 07:28 AM

Here are a couple of bad bugs with the os 10.1 and 10.1.1 finder (can't remember if this was the case with 10.0x series).

1) In the list view, you cannot use contextual menus on items unless their names have been selected to be edited.

2) sorting files by 'kind' results in a delay of up to 30 seconds (on the 90 items I had in my 'downloads' folder). Further, selecting items in a list view sorted by 'kind' results in a further delay (for me, selecting all the MP3 files I had to copy over to another drive).

Hopefully Apple will iron this out in 10.1.2 (or whatever).

I've also found that classic is very useable, however when switching from X to Quark under classic, Quark's open window is imprinted with whatever was running in X at the time. Andrew Welch's classic hack fixed this under 10.1, but of course, that's broken under 10.1.1. I'm almost tempted to revert to 10.1 to get classichack again.

Again, hopefully something Apple will fix soon, since I'm sure it'll be 2003 before there's a carbonized Quark.

starfleetX
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2001, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by michel:
<STRONG>Andrew Welch's classic hack fixed this under 10.1, but of course, that's broken under 10.1.1. I'm almost tempted to revert to 10.1 to get classichack again.</STRONG>
Andrew resently posted something to the effect of "the gig is up" and that Apple killed that functionality. We weren't supposed to know about it anyway. Hopefully they're working on ironing out the bugs for inclusion in 10.2.
The server made a boo boo. (403)

Forum Links
Forum Rules