Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Keyboard Illumination keys not working in 10.3.7?

Keyboard Illumination keys not working in 10.3.7?
headbirth
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2005, 10:54 PM

I just noticed that the F8-10 keys for keyboard illumination don't seem to operate ... the bezel comes up with a crossed out symbol below it. I tryed toggling the settings for auto illumination in low light but still get the same symbol.

Anyone know why this might be?

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by headbirth:
I just noticed that the F8-10 keys for keyboard illumination don't seem to operate ... the bezel comes up with a crossed out symbol below it. I tryed toggling the settings for auto illumination in low light but still get the same symbol.

Anyone know why this might be?
Yea, this same thing happens to me all the same. I notice that it will start working again in about a day, I have no idea why it does this.
Mr. CaN

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 04:34 AM

It wont work if there is too much light in the room, you'll get the sign you described. Otherwise works fine here under 10.3.7 ...

you can try it out by covering the 2 speaker grills all the way and then turning on illumination, works for me.

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

HellionNecrosis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 12:01 AM

Yea I get the same thing. Got it on. I will keep the whole KB and grills covered and the lights will not come on for anything. But if I reboot they might come one if they feel like it. Yes I try it out and reboot in a totally dark room. When I get pissed off enuff I will complain to apple. I visited my local apple store here in hawaii and the ones they have on display shocked the heck outta me. You cover the grills and the backlights on the keyboards come on in like 30secs. Maybe those are souped up. oh well just my experience.

dwood
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2005, 01:30 AM

try doing permissions and disk first aid?
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2005, 01:17 PM

Yea, I can't get my to turn on in pitch black sometimes, and sometimes in full light they won't turn off on there own.
Mr. CaN

Forum Links
Forum Rules