Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > IOATAController

IOATAController
MrCaN
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2005, 10:13 AM

I tried to wake my powerbook today and it just holds up. The harddrive sounds like it is trying to read the same thing over and over, not a classic clicking, but a reading clikcing noise. I rebooted, gets to the gray screen with the spinning thing and hangs. I can't boot to safe mode, and if I try to boot to single user mode, it comes up but gets to a point were it kicks out "IOATAController device blocking bus." every 30 seconds. If I try to reinstall software from the cd or if I try to run disk utility it just does the same harddrive read thing and doesn't lock up, but just hangs. Any ideas.
Mr. CaN

ibook_steve
Aug 23, 2005, 12:41 PM

I'd say it's time to boot up in Firewire target disk mode and get as much off of that hard disk as you can. It sounds like your hard drive is on the verge of toastage. Get your stuff off as soon as possible and start looking for a replacement.

Steve

MrCaN  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve
I'd say it's time to boot up in Firewire target disk mode and get as much off of that hard disk as you can. It sounds like your hard drive is on the verge of toastage. Get your stuff off as soon as possible and start looking for a replacement.

Steve
Yea, gonna do that tonight, think I'm going with the 100 gb toshiba, 16mb of ram.
Mr. CaN

Forum Links
Forum Rules