Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Airport Express (blinking yellow light)

Airport Express (blinking yellow light)
Green Leaf
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2004, 08:03 AM

I just purchased an Airport Express and hooked it up in my apartment.
I was able to send music to the unit and have it play on my music system, however, the yellow light keeps flashing. In the manual it says that a solid green light is what i should be seeing.

In the manual, it says that Airport Express may blink if there is something wrong with your internet provider. But i'm not trying to get internet on the device. I don't have wireless internet in my apartment.

I only want to send my music to the airport express. I don't believe i need internet at all for that.

Could this be a reason why it's blinking yellow?

Has anyone else hooked this up, and only used it for to send music?
do you get a solid green light?

Parky
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 08:37 AM

Hi,

The blinking yellow light is the correct indication when you are using the Airport Express for Music Streaming only.

When you have no internet connected flashing yellow is OK.

This is normal operation, it says this somewhere in the documentation somewhere.

I hope that helps,

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Forum Links
Forum Rules