Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac options

iMac options
CityGuy2003
Dec 22, 2001, 08:06 PM

quick queston: on the apple store online (store.apple.com) you used to be able to upgrade the hard drive size when purchasing a new computer. for some reason you cannot choose a size of hard drive other than the one they have preconfigured. does any one have any idea why?

gto47
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2001, 09:37 PM

i dont ever remember the imacs having a hard drive option, other than the one between the defined models ie: fast, faster, fastest, ultimate. To my knowledge, you couild only ever get a larger HD on the pro models, such as the G4 Tower and the PBG4. I see theyve changed the store arounda bit though, probably to try and increase sales for the holidays.
Mac Pro 8x2.8 | Macbook 2.13 | Saab Trionic 7 (thats right, runs on a 68k!)

CityGuy2003  (op)
Dec 22, 2001, 10:00 PM

i was almost 100% sure that the option was there before...the ability to change the hard drive size...anyway...they have changed the design of the store around...the most noticable thing being the lack of pictures of the displays or the servers...

CityGuy2003  (op)
Dec 22, 2001, 10:27 PM

also...they have upped the estimated shipping date to 10 days from the usual 3...if a the estimated ship date is 10 days it would probably ship on the second or third day of january...and arrive the six or seventh......

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2001, 01:36 AM

There has never been an option on iMac hard drive size. The only option was for more RAM. I sell Macs, and that's never been available.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

CityGuy2003  (op)
Dec 23, 2001, 10:55 PM

i stand corrected!

Forum Links
Forum Rules