Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 (Page 12)
Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 26, 2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That is surprisingly useful.
I really applaud them putting something like that together post patch to help explain what the changes mean in real game play situations plus give some useful suggestions.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 26, 2012, 04:59 PM

Fantastic, thanks! how did you get into that specific game?

EDIT: Only 4 ribbons remaining, picked up my flag defend ribbon in that game with Fatty and Nemesis in the previous game
EDIT 2: Make that 3! so close...
( Last edited by Kevin Bogues; Apr 26, 2012 at 07:20 PM. )

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2012, 07:17 PM

Ha, I was on battlelog just in time to see you log on and accept the platoon invite. Well, guess that'll be the limit of your BF3 activity this month.
Yep. And it was exhausting.

Y'all will see me online tonight, but I'll be on a hotel connection, so no way I'm playing BF3.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Y'all will see me online tonight, but I'll be on a hotel connection, so no way I'm playing BF3.
Hopefully we'll see you this weekend.

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Fantastic, thanks! how did you get into that specific game?
The link above it.

---

So last night turned into an impromptu newbie convention, but I thought we did alright all things considered. We played four games where the margin of victory was under 60 tickets, and we split those games. I also thought the Metro game was a lot of fun, some of the best team work yet with six of us.

Most important thing I need to remember is the connection to that server we were on sucks – had several instances of just laying into a person with my LMGs and not getting any hitmarkers, or having them delayed by up to two seconds.

---

sek, now that you're a week in, any commentary on some of your loved or hated maps?

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 27, 2012, 10:53 AM

I saw that first link but when I was on my battlelog main page I couldent find the link for some reason, likelihood is its right in front of my face and I'm an idiot.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 10:59 AM

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 27, 2012, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the idiot proof description.

Dakar what's your knowledge around bullet penetration on the environment, do different surfaces react differently, guns, distance? I was having a terrible time trying to get a sniper kill through a boarded up wall yesterday

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 11:14 AM

Dakar what's your knowledge around bullet penetration on the environment, do different surfaces react differently, guns, distance? I was having a terrible time trying to get a sniper kill through a boarded up wall yesterday
Bullet penetration does exist for lesser materials. What wall/map? You'll often see people shoot a wall to open it up to climb through. I've killed people through aluminum partitions.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 01:44 PM

Ooo, I forgot to mention, fatty and I did some shenanigans last night. Now that I'm running almost exclusively as Support, I loaded up a jeep fatty was driving with C4, bailed as we spotted a tank, and then he rammed the Jeep under the ass of tank and I detonated the C4. So evil.

I also managed to survive detonating while I was still in the jeep a different time. Not sure how. Took out some guy who was on foot.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2012, 01:45 PM

sek, now that you're a week in, any commentary on some of your loved or hated maps?
Well, like you pointed out earlier, Operation Metro certainly is a very intense map with a huge incentive for squad-based defense at B. I like the other Urban map, forget what it's called, very large but also has a lot of close quarter combat.

The large desert-ish maps with little cover can be very frustrating if your team is on the receiving end of a vehicle smackdown.

Hilariously enough, with the Engineer Kit and weapons therein, I favor the smaller maps and/or maps with closer levels of combat.

--------------

The last three matches on that server last night were horrendous for me. I was getting one-bullet killed by everyone, and guys who I laid half a clip into would end up at 80% health or higher after killing me. Any kill I did actually manage to get always left me at single-digit health and complete fodder for the next opponent. That said, and I think it was the second-to-last game, I went something terrible like 9-17 but ended up in 3rd place due to my relentless pursuit of control points. That's something that cannot be said for a similar performance in CoD. Winning is the objective in BF3, and that's a nice change of pace.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Well, like you pointed out earlier, Operation Metro certainly is a very intense map with a huge incentive for squad-based defense at B. I like the other Urban map, forget what it's called, very large but also has a lot of close quarter combat.
Seine Crossing? Grand Bazaar? Damavand Peak?

The large desert-ish maps with little cover can be very frustrating if your team is on the receiving end of a vehicle smackdown.
Like I've said before, I hate Operation Firestorm. Something about it plays very poorly. The players, half the time, I guess.

Hilariously enough, with the Engineer Kit and weapons therein, I favor the smaller maps and/or maps with closer levels of combat.
I'll train you on other classes, soon enough. I'm waiting til you feel comfortable enough to stray that kit. (I find it hard to believe you won't like the ARs better than the Carbines)

The last three matches on that server last night were horrendous for me. I was getting one-bullet killed by everyone, and guys who I laid half a clip into would end up at 80% health or higher after killing me. Any kill I did actually manage to get always left me at single-digit health and complete fodder for the next opponent. That said, and I think it was the second-to-last game, I went something terrible like 9-17 but ended up in 3rd place due to my relentless pursuit of control points. That's something that cannot be said for a similar performance in CoD. Winning is the objective in BF3, and that's a nice change of pace.
Yep. My k/d took a shellacking last night, and I certainly had a few games where I was ineffective, but I still won more games than I lost. Factor in the inexperienced crew we were running with and I say the night was still a victory.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2012, 01:53 PM

Considering I just unlocked the G36C, a gun I actually think has some legs for once, I don't see myself switching kits anytime soon unfortunately.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2012, 01:55 PM

Considering I just unlocked the G36C, a gun I actually think has some legs for once, I don't see myself switching kits anytime soon unfortunately.
Your commitment is laudable if misguided. Kits in this game are like classes in Call of Duty. You should be switching between them as the situation demands.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 30, 2012, 12:50 PM

Well, I forced myself into the Assault and Recon Kits the other day, Bogues joined in for the last few games I played.

First off my ranking up had unlocked the UMP45 for Assault, not a bad gun, though the range leaves something to be desired. Haven't unlocked the defib. paddles yet, but it was nice to be able to heal myself when needed.

Had a great game of Rush on Operation Firestorm using the Recon class. Enemy snipers were everywhere, but very oblivious to my counter-sniping efforts. Set up shop atop one of the climbable towers and proceeded to headshot one sniper after another, once they were cleared out I would set up a spawn beacon right outside the objective and then go to town with my silenced M1911. Very close to unlocking the next sniper, SV98.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 1, 2012, 10:52 AM

First off my ranking up had unlocked the UMP45 for Assault, not a bad gun, though the range leaves something to be desired.
As I mentioned, it's not an Assault gun, it's a PDW which can be used on any class. Their gimmick is that they are powerful up close, but weak long range. The UMP is better used by spamming the burst fire mode, limiting recoil.

---

Had a few amazing games last night with the crew. Most memorable is the game on Seinne, where late in the game I call for the squad to form on me at the bottom of the stairs for the final push for the M-COM. Chris meets me and with time running out (less than 15 tickets) we decide to push forward as a duo. We fire out of the stairway and immediately check right where we double-team a guy and put a quick end into any defensive intentions he had. I dive behind a container to reload and Chris makes the decision to run for the M-COM. I dive back out of the corner, round the container into an alcove where I know they'll be waiting. Firing the USAS in bursts trying to conserve the clip, I take one, then a second defender as Chris arms the M-COM. Both down and I frantically empty my 1911 on their spawn beacon as the M-COM starts screaming, but the hitbox on that thing is a mystery. I finally reload my USAS and blast it out of existence.

By this time our team has started trickling into the area as their team finally succumbs to chaos. Backs to the M-COM we defend against would-be defusers, but the team never makes it that far. The M-COM detonates and we move onto the next set.

The next set also proves difficult and once again B is our challenge, with at least a squad and a half set-up on the sunken boat, with TUGS and Spawn Beacon. I grab our LAV in an attempt to sweep out the streets, but trying to fire upon the boat is impossible. Until...

Again down to our last ~15 tickets, with fatty and stogie along for the ride, I floor it down the street, turn around and drive straight into the side of the bridge. The wall explodes and all eight wheels send us careening off the edge and into the water. With a splash the LAV ends up in the river across from the boat, and after a moment bobbing rights itself and I begin to pepper the boat with fire, getting several hitmarkers and a few kills. Above on the streets their engineers start raining RPGs down on us as I pilot the LAV ever closer. A few more RPGs and the LAV damage is critical, fatty and stogie quickly bailing to get onto the boat as I try to get a few last hits in. I too bail and climb up the side of the boat as someone arms the M-COM. This time isn't as easy and one of their survivors takes me down before having his squad spawn back in on him. The next few moments are unclear to me, but somehow our team perseveres and we push to the next set.

Luck, however, deserted us. WHile managed to arm and destroy another M-COM, their defense of the last one was too great and ultimately we failed. But given our two previous situations, I still consider what we did a victory.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 1, 2012, 12:39 PM

Weekend Notes (Day late edition)

• Weapons service starred: SAIGA, USAS, Type 88 LMG, PKP Pecheneg, M60E, M240B, and the M39 EMR. I have now completed all weapons that are not pistols, sniper rifles, or explosives. I currently have 52 weapons with at least one service star.

• Got Support and Recon service stars.

• fatty and I paired up with Chris & Bladek and after failing to find a Squad Rush match, decided to test the Squad Deathmatch waters. After an amazing comeback on the first game we joined in progress, we proceeded to two or three more victories before I had to call it quits. This gametype will be revisited.

• We had another game of Rush last night where there was a Jawbone sighting. We were struggling on Damavand defending, but on the third set of M-COMs our squad (but mostly Chris) put on a clinic on how to disarm the B M-COM. We managed to stall their offense there for the win.

• We had another game of Conquest on Noshahr Canals that was a real tug of war. Won that game by a mere 20 tickets. Best moment of the game: Spawn on fatty running to A. As he reaches the ledge (headed from C) he stops and just drops a guy below with SV98 in a single shot with almost no hesitation. I shit myself.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2012, 02:38 PM

It's fair to say I'm picking up the sniping quite well. I'm at around 50% accuracy with the SV98, but I can't wait to ge the straight pull bolt for it.

For our last game of the night, Crosbie and I were attacking on Operation Metro Rush. We lost on the second set of M-COMS, and overall did not do that well (only destroyed the first MCOMS with 3 tickets left). But I was sniping from a forward position behind a rather large tree. Racked up a decent amount of headshot kills and upped my longest headshot to 108m.

Almost have the FAMAS unlocked, at which time I will actually start using a real Assault Rifle on my assault class.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 1, 2012, 03:42 PM

It's fair to say I'm picking up the sniping quite well. I'm at around 50% accuracy with the SV98, but I can't wait to ge the straight pull bolt for it.
So how's the bullet drop affecting you? Not seeing much of it at the distances you're doing or easily picking up the mechanic?

Almost have the FAMAS unlocked, at which time I will actually start using a real Assault Rifle on my assault class.
As was mentioned earlier, some of the worst iron sights in the game.

---

So crosbie, what do you think of playing Battlefield compared to Call of Duty?

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 1, 2012, 03:50 PM

If anyone didn't pick up Back to Karkland it's the DOTW on Xbox Live for 50% off.
Great timing.... Not

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 1, 2012, 03:59 PM

As was mentioned earlier, some of the worst iron sights in the game.
The FAMAS has grown on me, the foregrip and a decent sight are absolutly necessities.
Be prepared for a few terrible games until you get some unlocks (and b sure to switch to burst fire)

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 1, 2012, 04:41 PM

If anyone didn't pick up Back to Karkland it's the DOTW on Xbox Live for 50% off.
Great timing.... Not
Give them credit... Activison wouldn't do this for two years...

The FAMAS has grown on me, the foregrip and a decent sight are absolutly necessities.
Be prepared for a few terrible games until you get some unlocks (and b sure to switch to burst fire)
Yep, just like the UMP it should spammed in burst fire mode as full auto will just kick too much.

---

The Battlefield Blog | Bringing Battlefield into Close Quarters
There is something very unique about an indoor fire fight. You have to cover angles in new ways, use sound to track your enemies, navigate with much more careful precision and most importantly, you’re never safe. Danger is always no more than a few meters away. It’s a scenario that always makes me feel 100% in the fight. There is no dull moment, you’re always on your toes, on the edge.

The closest you come to this type of tight combat scenario in Battlefield 3 is on Operation Métro. We know this is one of our most popular maps, which tells us that our gameplay has what it takes to perform in such unique and frantic conditions.

I sat down and spoke with Jhony Ljungstedt, my art director, and had a discussion about how we could achieve this. After bouncing random ideas for a while, he told me that even though that explosive scene from “The Matrix” was rather old, seeing Neo and Trinity turn a lobby into rubble in slow motion did leave a huge impression, and hadn’t ever been properly done in a game. We both agreed and Jhony said he really wanted to be able to create that sensation.

“Imagine tearing a place down using only bullets, watching chunks being torn off the walls, littering the floors like a dropped bag of grey marbles” he said.
I spoke to my Game Designer Gustav Halling who, like me, has a history of competitive FPS gaming. We remembered Unreal Tournament from way back in 1999. It was the first time the world saw the game mode “Domination”, which is very similar to Conquest. There are some differences though, and the Domination type gameplay usually takes place on smaller maps, much like the ones we were creating.

Inspired by these memories, we used the spawning systems from Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch and came up with a Conquest mode adapted for smaller spaces. We called it Conquest Domination, and it worked beautifully. In particular, flag defense is suddenly more important, and you get different tactical layers due to the subtle differences the new mode provides. It’s reminiscent of those tactics I practiced to perfection in my e-sports days. Listen for the footsteps, spray the wall, throw your grenade, cover one angle each and constantly communicate. The experience grows with our tried and tested squad play mechanics, and the intensity and pure challenge of trying to dominate these close quarters is something I’m convinced will put even the best squads to the test.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2012, 05:40 PM

So how's the bullet drop affecting you? Not seeing much of it at the distances you're doing or easily picking up the mechanic?
The bullet drop is rather minimal, and easily adaptable to. To beat a dead horse, STALKER had a sniper that was silenced and used sub-sonic ammo, which meant for some insane bullet drop. I got used to aiming above someone's head at distance to nab the headshot.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2012, 05:46 PM

Great timing.... Not
LOL, did you just recently pay full price for it?

I was so close to buying it last week. So glad I waited.

In other news, I just bought the 250gb model from the Microsoft store for $250. My other one died on me.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2012, 09:39 AM

Primarily for Dakar : When you're assault class, how do you deal with Tanks? (Besides the Kamakazi C4 method)

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 2, 2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Primarily for Dakar : When you're assault class, how do you deal with Tanks? (Besides the Kamakazi C4 method)
C4 is support.

Primarily, I shit myself. Then I regroup and come up with a new plan.

I suppose it depends on the situation. What map/location. Am I alone or with engineers? Do they have proximity scan?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 2, 2012, 09:56 AM

The bullet drop is rather minimal, and easily adaptable to. To beat a dead horse, STALKER had a sniper that was silenced and used sub-sonic ammo, which meant for some insane bullet drop. I got used to aiming above someone's head at distance to nab the headshot.
Keep beating that dead horse because I keep forgetting. Yeah, I'm going to be real bitter when you become a sniping machine. The bullet drop does become significant as the distances grow, though.

It should be noted that sniping usually doesn't help in Conquest or Rush (Attacking). However, that doesn't necessarily apply to the Recon class overall, which can be useful with it's TUGS, MAV, Laser Designator or Spawn Beacon (paired with shottys or PDWs).

Like, last night, I can't imagine sniping was very useful on Wake. I find it a very hard map to play, I just don't tend to do much there at all. We were lucky that the opposing team wasn't very good in the air. Thanks to ridiculous amount of vehicles it strikes me as the quintessential engineer only map.

Oh, congrats on your first 100 1911 kills.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2012, 10:15 AM

C4 is support.

Primarily, I shit myself. Then I regroup and come up with a new plan.

I suppose it depends on the situation. What map/location. Am I alone or with engineers? Do they have proximity scan?
Oops. Need to get back into this. Plan is for the download to start as soon as I get home and then we'll see if I can remember how to play this game. A guy in my clan has rented a BF3 server in the hope of getting some flying practice in.

From what I remember, I always seemed to change to Engineer so that I could actually kill tanks. But the Assault class has been neglected so I'll have to boost that a bit.

Replied to your invite for the MacNN group by the way. Cheers for thinking of me, I'm touched.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 2, 2012, 10:28 AM

From what I remember, I always seemed to change to Engineer so that I could actually kill tanks. But the Assault class has been neglected so I'll have to boost that a bit.
Well, the key is using it on the right maps. Metro, Bazaar, Seinne, all those more infantry focused maps make Assault much more viable. Damavand and Tehran aren't out of the question, either. Kharg, Caspian, Firestorm, and B2K aren't as forgiving for a Medic.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2012, 11:22 AM

Noted, thanks.

I'll probably be crying while playing tonight.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2012, 04:45 PM

I'll probably be crying while playing tonight.
Can't say I'm enjoying it. Fatty's doing well though.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2012, 04:54 PM

Sorry Fatty.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 2, 2012, 04:58 PM

I've been using the battlelog iPhone app more than My Xbox live recently.... If only fatty would except a friend request on battlelog from someone not named Dakar...

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 2, 2012, 05:20 PM

If only fatty would except a friend request on battlelog from someone not named Dakar...
It's true love.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2012, 03:49 AM

Not sure if it was the fact that I joined Fatty but I found myself very slow, especially aiming down sight and movement. I shall try again on a European based server.

One thing they haven't balanced : the difference between weapon capabilities that high and low level players have.

Famas is horrible with iron sights.

Fatty likes driving armoured cars into places you shouldn't drive armoured cars.

Overall not a pleasant return for Ze Veteran.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 3, 2012, 07:48 AM

Finished up the ribbons last night, few games of Rush + C4 loaded MComm stations = MComm Defender.

-------

Also played the most insane game of my short B3 career.
An hour long marathon of Conquest on Operation Metro.

Early on our team was competing very well, there were 5-6 minutes spans where I did nothing but throw med kits and revive team mates (Dakar, any way to see the ribbon count on this game?). I stuck with assault the majority of the match trying to keep our team both alive and at 100% health. I think Fatty was kicked/disconnected at some point and then re joined.

This was defiantly one of the most intense and satisfying experiences I've had in a FPS since Halo 2 days. The teamwork was surprisingly good and although my k/d took a dive the last 15 minutes (I think at one point i was 37 - 22), still a fantastic game. We were easily on track to win but lost some people and fell behind during the final half hour.

Best moment, running with about 5 team mates, we enter the hallway of death in the subway station (beside capture point B?), our team is camped up covering the left side and forward hallway, all 5 members are killed by a barrage of grenades and shotguns, I sprint in... revive all 5, throw some health, we take the hallway, location B, and move to A with a 10 person assault.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 3, 2012, 09:26 AM

Overall not a pleasant return for Ze Veteran.
Returning to BF3 after MW3 was a giant pain in the ass. Sorry, but the truth is Call of Duty will make you play worse at this game. It took me two weeks before I started feeling comfortable with the weapons. Over a month before I could use Support.

Finished up the ribbons last night
Time to work on Dog Tags.

Also played the most insane game of my short B3 career.
An hour long marathon of Conquest on Operation Metro.
How many tickets did it start at?

I've played a 1600 ticket game on Gulf of Oman. Never again. An hour and 45 minutes.

For the infantry maps, I tend to enjoy the 200% ticket games... assuming I'm winning. On places like Metro, even if the opposing team is dominated they'll usually break through a few times, keeping things interesting.

Early on our team was competing very well, there were 5-6 minutes spans where I did nothing but throw med kits and revive team mates (Dakar, any way to see the ribbon count on this game?).
No, you need to do the count at the end of the game, which doesn't seem possible once the ribbon count goes over 20+.

This was defiantly one of the most intense and satisfying experiences I've had in a FPS since Halo 2 days. The teamwork was surprisingly good and although my k/d took a dive the last 15 minutes (I think at one point i was 37 - 22), still a fantastic game. We were easily on track to win but lost some people and fell behind during the final half hour.
Interesting. I expected you'd not have enjoyed such a losing effort. But I do take intense satisfaction in running Medic on that map. As you found out, the points are there for you, too.

Best moment, running with about 5 team mates, we enter the hallway of death in the subway station (beside capture point B?), our team is camped up covering the left side and forward hallway, all 5 members are killed by a barrage of grenades and shotguns, I sprint in... revive all 5, throw some health, we take the hallway, location B, and move to A with a 10 person assault.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 11:57 AM

I'm either going to be at the Mavs/Thunder game tonight or in front of the TV, finally putting in some time back into BF3.

Every night I've been unable to get on until 10-ish (CST), when all of you East coasters are going to bed, so I usually don't even bother getting on.

And yes, that was a not-so-subtle way to brag about possible tix.
( Last edited by Jawbone54; May 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 12:25 PM

Bogues, I tried to mute some annoying person who apparently gave their mic to their infant son and the game froze on me. One thing I'm certainly not impressed with is the level of polish in the menus and under the hood features.

Secondly, the first game I joined Bogues was CQ, on wake island. I'm on foot for a while when I spot some jabrony driving around in the Bobcat (small front end loader). I follow this jerk for several minutes before getting close enough to unload some pistol rounds on him. I fire away and don't get a single hit as the bastard speeds into the distance. I pull out my SV98 for a desperate snipe. I headshot the enemy who turns out to be none other than Kevin Bogues. What a jerk.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 12:27 PM

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 3, 2012, 12:32 PM

Bogues, I tried to mute some annoying person who apparently gave their mic to their infant son and the game froze on me. One thing I'm certainly not impressed with is the level of polish in the menus and under the hood features.

Secondly, the first game I joined Bogues was CQ, on wake island. I'm on foot for a while when I spot some jabrony driving around in the Bobcat (small front end loader). I follow this jerk for several minutes before getting close enough to unload some pistol rounds on him. I fire away and don't get a single hit as the bastard speeds into the distance. I pull out my SV98 for a desperate snipe. I headshot the enemy who turns out to be none other than Kevin Bogues. What a jerk.
Haha that was hilarous, right prior to that I had a teammate in the front bucket with a shotgun covering base C.

What did you think of that marathon we ran on operation metro? Great times for a losing effort, there was a time at base A I was running to catch you in the stairwell to get you a health pack and ran into two guys coming up, flipped to the MP111 and nailed a headshot and a second kill.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 3, 2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I'm either going to be at the Mavs/Thunder game tonight or in front of the TV, finally putting in some time back into BF3.

Every night I've been unable to get on until 10-ish (CST), when all of you East coasters are going to bed, so I usually don't even bother getting on.

And yes, that was a not-so-subtle way to brag about possible tix.
Hmmm, do I root to play BF3 with you or do I root for winning games?

...and I swear that if you try to mute the person in the Dashboard the game somehow ignores it. Mind-blowing.

I'm surprised he didn't try to splatter you. I imagine that's why he was in it.

---

I'll be on tonight.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 02:16 PM

Hmmm, do I root to play BF3 with you or do I root for winning games?
The pleasure of my company should make up for the plummeting scores.
Actually, my score per minute isn't that bad.
Regardless, it's a moot point. I'm going to go watch my Mavs get their butts handed to them.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 3, 2012, 02:20 PM

Bullet-dodged!

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 4, 2012, 07:47 AM

I'm surprised he didn't try to splatter you. I imagine that's why he was in it.
Maybe...

Right before we joined up last night Dakar I was running my shotgun engineer class on Wake Island waiting for a jet to spawn at the airfield, I jump in the Skid Loader catch a enemy sprinting down the runway, I take off at full speed (3 MPH), and .... splat.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 4, 2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks for your dog tags, Bogues.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 4, 2012, 10:22 AM

Played a Rush game last night on Kharg where I decided I'd try and get some Laser Designations. Turns out two or three people on my team were using Javelins. Awesome shit occurred.

That's all from Designations and assists. At one point later in the game their LAV just drove right up to the SOFLAMM to take it out. From that point forward they were about as interested in taking out my SOFLAMM as arming the M-COMs.

---

Had an awesome game on Tehran last night that Bogues slipped into. Aside form grabbing the aforementioned dog tags, I ended up Suicide C4ing Bogues in a full tank, netting a triple... and the revive.

We also had a nice come back in a TDM game. I swear good things always happen when I switch from whatever class I'm on to Assault.

What do you guys think of the 200% ticket games?

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 4, 2012, 12:14 PM

What do you guys think of the 200% ticket games?
I prefer them, the 30-40 minute game time is perfect IMO, the 15-18 minute games seem to end to quick, also early on It seems the game is decided. With the 200% tickets I don't feel like I'm completely out of a game until the end and even then the game time keeps me interested in my K/d and score.

Oh and your kamakazi c4..... darn you and your cleverness. I thought for sure I had you with the cannon blast.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2012, 12:22 PM

Maybe...

Right before we joined up last night Dakar I was running my shotgun engineer class on Wake Island waiting for a jet to spawn at the airfield, I jump in the Skid Loader catch a enemy sprinting down the runway, I take off at full speed (3 MPH), and .... splat.
That's an achievement? I gotta try this out.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 4, 2012, 02:16 PM

I prefer them, the 30-40 minute game time is perfect IMO, the 15-18 minute games seem to end to quick, also early on It seems the game is decided. With the 200% tickets I don't feel like I'm completely out of a game until the end and even then the game time keeps me interested in my K/d and score.
I think 150% might be slightly more reasonable. It's interesting to hear you say 15-18 minute games end quick. Most of us come from CoD and Halo where we see long games go 10 or 15 max, most averaging around 8 and the quickest coming at five or six minutes.

I enjoy the endurance games because they allow the game to develop and have "events." Last night on Metro we went and captured B, but were constantly fighting to hold it, then pushed the team to ticket counter, to the doors, then they snuck by and stole C, we regrouped, they took B while we covered C, then we took back B, pushed them back hard and flirted with A, were pushed back ourselves, and lost B once more. On a short game, I think we'd have ended it shortly after we retook C.

Oh and your kamakazi c4..... darn you and your cleverness. I thought for sure I had you with the cannon blast.
I believe I took some flack from the gunner, which is why I suicided.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2012, 02:41 PM

Those two games last night were incredibly fun. I guess 200% can be a real pain going solo, but with our competent team it can be a real blast.

Highlight for me (on Metro) was when the other team made their first push for B. I backed waaay up and was sniping fools like fish in a barrel, then someone got wise and ended up counter-sniping me. I respawed with my shotty class and ran right into the hornets nest netting myself a frantic triple-kill.

Forum Links
Forum Rules