Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS - 60GB iPod Photo & 20GB iPod 4th gen - both broken

FS - 60GB iPod Photo & 20GB iPod 4th gen - both broken
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2011, 10:33 PM

My old iPod photo finally kicked the bucket. I replaced the battery, and less than a month later, the stupid thing's hard drive died.

I tried replacing the drive, but I can't get it to boot without the sad iPod, and I really don't feel like messing with it.

What you get:

- 60GB iPod Photo in two parts or assembled, your choice (backplate is removed)
- 20GB iPod 4th gen, same as above. There is a part missing from the system board, so it's dead but has usable parts.
- Black leather Incase with belt clip for 20GB iPod
- Whatever dock connector cables I can find
- Two FW power adapters (still need to find the FW cables)
- Two Griffin AirClick remotes (including receivers)
- One FM transmitter (not Griffin)
- Packaging for both iPods and one cable (if you don't want this, that's fine too)
- Three hard drives - one 60GB and two 20GB. I'm uncertain of the state of any of them. I'm fairly sure the drives that were in the two iPods are failing. Not sure about the second 20GB.
- One brand new, non-OEM battery

If you have an iPod that you need parts for, there are plenty of usable parts in both of these.

*Both iPods are in excellent cosmetic condition. The backplates are barely scuffed, as are the faceplates.

How about...$50 shipped anywhere in the continental US? I'll also entertain offers.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules