Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > External Monitor with Pismo?

External Monitor with Pismo?
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2001, 01:59 PM

Any idea how this can be accomplished?

I have a 400 MHz PowerBook Pismo, and a 350 MHz B&W G3 Tower. I also have a 17" Studio Display that I bought with the Tower.

Can I make the Studio Display work with my laptop? I've tried connecting the monitor to the back of my computer, but I still have to run the power through the B&W just to turn it on. After all that, nothing happens.

Can anyone explain how this would work?
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

<romeosc>
Oct 1, 2001, 11:07 AM

It should be recognized, after the Pismo is put to slleep & rewawaked, or restarted while monitor is connected.

<romeosc>
Oct 1, 2001, 11:07 AM

It should be recognized, after the Pismo is put to slleep & rewawaked, or restarted while monitor is connected.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2001, 07:35 PM

I have a Pismo. It has an S-Video out. I've used it with my bigscreen TV to watch DVDs once in a while.

Does the Cinema Display have a S-video in? If so, the direct connection will work.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

sawks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2001, 07:19 AM

plug the display directly into a power outlet (rather than the tower)

Forum Links
Forum Rules