Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Casio Exilim C721 Verizon phone on OS X?

Casio Exilim C721 Verizon phone on OS X?
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2009, 03:50 AM

Does anyone else have Verizon's Exilim C721 and looking for some way to transfer the information from the microSD card to OS X? The bundled software doesn't support OS X.

Plugging it in does nothing in the OS, and I haven't seen a way to do this without buying a microSD reader and removing the card, which defeats the point of the cradle. Looking for a way to read the information without removal of the card and extra hardware.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

efitzpat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2010, 09:18 PM

Is there an update since you first posted? I believe this device is not supported by iPhoto nor by OSX generally. Did you buy a card reader and did it work? Does the My Music folder show up so that you can copy mp3s directly onto the phone?

Right now I am using Parallels to download photos off the camera using the supplied software which sucks. Couple extra steps if you want to export across platforms into iPhoto, haven't tried it yet. I also installed the free VCAST Rhapsody software on my windows partition to move mp3s from iTunes onto my phone. Not too hard to set up, just scan the folder where your itunes library is saved, loads your entire library into a program that is a suckier clone of iTunes. Moving files onto the phone is slow and tedious, with a 250 song at a time transfer limit, but it gets the job done. I bought the 8GB microSD card which I believe is the max supported by the phone, which is neither an amazing nor terrible amount of space. Once you get the mp3s onto there, the phone software is not as easy as apple obviously but you've gotta love that it is a 5mp camera/mp3 player with VERIZON service (and not AT*T, and not a forced 30$ a month data plan). I don't think I'm going to get the card reader unless you say I can copy photos off, which I don't believe you can, and have even less hope that I copy mp3s on, but anyone with experience please let me know (I think we are a small population.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules