Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Warning on Samsung Monitors

Warning on Samsung Monitors
gruneeitelkeit
Oct 17, 2005, 10:26 AM

If you happen to purchase a Samsun monitor for your Apple, do not install the current version of MagicTune (1.0). It's happened with a couple of people already, and with me as well. If you do install it and find that your Airport card is no longer recognized or your computer does not sleep properly, that is the reason. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there because it took me a while to figure out that that was the problem. The monitor will work without the software.

If you have already installed it and are facing these issues,
1. Delete the program from your applications foler.
2. Search for "magictune" on your computer and delete the .pkg file.
3. Restart and everything should work properly again.

You have been warned.

zonetuke
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2006, 11:29 AM

I just purchased a beautiful 21" Samsung LCD, 214T with 4 ms response time! Anyways, I'm on the phone with Samsung right now because they don't have a current version of MagicTune for Mac software. They told me that they do not make the software but rather this company does: http://personalcomputing.portrait.co...rt_mt_faq.html

Anyways, the version of MagicTune on the Samsung site is 2.0 for Mac and did not install for me using 10.4.4. I don't think it's a huge loss, because as I understand MagicTune simply is an advanced interface for the OSD controls on the monitor.
Dual G5 2.3 GHz Powermac, 2.5 GB ram, GeForce 6600, Belkin 4 port USB hub,, SyncMaster 21" LCD, iMic.

meelk
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 10:05 PM

if you run dvi you should not need any kind of tuning software.
I bought a samsung 930B recently and love it
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wow5dj.jpg

Forum Links
Forum Rules