Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X Status @ Apple Store

OS X Status @ Apple Store
starfleetX
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2001, 02:33 PM

Since OS X has apparently started getting into the hands of the general public, I was curious about my status at the Apple Store for OS X. My order for "MAC OS X 1.0 RETAIL-USA M7686LL/A" was placed on 02/02/2001 and currently is "Being Assembled." What's everyone else's doing? It seems a bit odd to me that my order is still at the "Being Assembled" stage instead of "Being Prepped for Shipment."
The server made a boo boo. (403)

boticario
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 02:38 PM

Same here in Europe (Spain). Still showing "Being Assembled".

At the same time, http://www.track-n-trace.com/MacOSX/ ,where you can check your order status is not working.

Lord Kronos
Senior User
Mar 21, 2001, 02:39 PM

Mine is being assembled too.
"Sing you fools ! But you got it wrong..."

mindwaves
Mar 21, 2001, 02:40 PM

Mine is still being assembled and I ordered mine March 13th. It will say being prepared for shipment by tonight I hope.

Muahdib
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 06:56 PM

Same here it's still being assembled. Hopefully it will ship tonight. Maybe Fedex will get it early here and I can get it Friday. Probably not. These other people talking about already having it are making me jealous

Agent69
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2001, 07:04 PM

A friend of mine tried to cancel his Mac OS X order yesterday (Tuesday) and couldn't, so they must be getting close to shipping.

Agent69
Agent69

tea4u
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 07:06 PM

I received a notice from AppleStore Japan on 3/21. Says "the item has been shipped: M7686Z/A MAC OS X 1.0 RETAIL-INT 1 20-MAR-2001".

evanchaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 07:10 PM

Mine is being assembled. Maybe it is going to say that up until March 24, since that is when it will actually "ship", but in all reality that is when it will actually arive. =)

------------------
Evan Chaney
[email protected]
www.shaftproductions.com
Evan Chaney
http://www.evanchaney.com

Mac_OS_X_Addict
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 07:23 PM

I phoned the Apple Store and they told me that they are not shipping anything until the 24th. I do not know how they expect to get OS X into the hands of people on the same day. Fed-Ex is going to be doing a lot of work that day to get OS X to people.

Personally, I think that the guy at the Apple Store was bullshitting me. There is no way that all orders are going to be shipped on the 24th and on the same day be in the hands of the people who Pre-Ordered it. What do u people think??

[This message has been edited by Mac_OS_X_Addict (edited 03-21-2001).]
My Opinion, not yours!

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2001, 07:27 PM

Along those same lines, for those of you who have ordered it at Outpost.com, could you check to see if you have a "back order" next to your order?

torifile
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2001, 10:56 PM

I've decided that Apple Store reps don't know anything and just make **** up to get us off their backs. They all tell people different things. Why would we all have FedEx Saturday delivery if they're shipping on Saturday? It's almost time and obviously things are ready to go. There's no reason for us to get it late.

zythemac
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2001, 11:39 PM

Ordered mine the 1st day and it says "Being Assembled" too, but so did my order of OS X PB - AFTER I had already installed it. So don't be worried; I'm not.

unsquare
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2001, 11:41 PM

Just a note: Apple's MacOS X is on the shelves and selling today at many stores like Staples.
..:: Richmond, VA ::..

Cobra
Mar 22, 2001, 12:05 AM

"Along those same lines, for those of you who have ordered it at Outpost.com, could you check to see if you have a "back order" next to your order?"

Anything you order from Outopst that can't ship the next day is considered "Back-ordered".

Cobra

imacman11
Mar 22, 2001, 01:19 AM

Well...I check just about every day (*yes* I am obsessed...) But it has always jumped around for me...like one day it will be "being assembled" another day it will be "reviewed" ....it switches back and forth....however, I think my checkcard was deducted the $52 today ( I checked my account), so I think it;s well on its way...plus my status is now back on assembled...
SO....we will see....plus I agree...there is NO way they could send it out saturday and have it delivered...They ship it either tomorrow or friday.

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com
------------------
Preparing the world for my brethren: The Dock Perverts.

Forum Links
Forum Rules