Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Sender address display

Sender address display
bradrhine
Oct 20, 1999, 11:33 AM

OE 4.5 showed me the sender's name in the 3-pane layout. OE5 instead gives me their entire email address and a date/time stamp. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody solved it?

yahboo
Oct 21, 1999, 08:22 AM

I'm having the same problem - a real pain when you "reply" - you have to delete the date/time from the end of the address. Anyone found a solution?

djoslin
Oct 21, 1999, 09:49 AM

Same here. I've gone back to Eudora until there is a solution to this.

Stmpjmpr
Oct 21, 1999, 06:25 PM

Happening to me too. My server runs QuickMail Pro Server on an NT 4 box. What servers are the rest of you getting mail from?

iBeige
Oct 21, 1999, 10:54 PM

After I imported my mail from Emailer, I noticed this too - until I read more into it. Seems that OE5 can import the "mbox" format (why they chose this over rfc, I sort of understand..).. which follows the format:

From name

A lot of email programs export mail as you said:

From name date time

OE5 imports this incorrectly as the date and time are thrown into the from(name) field. I was able to solve this problem by getting the correct import AppleScript from http://www.macemail.com. It took about 40 minutes to import at 25 MB Emailer mail database (probably 1500-2000 messages).

Dan
[email protected]

bradrhine
Oct 22, 1999, 08:28 AM

I'm running a Linux box with Sendmail as the mail server. For me, it happens with some new messages, not just the imported ones. And the ones I imported are from OE45, not Emailer. Any other solutions out there?

Forum Links
Forum Rules