Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 24)
Poogy
Mar 25, 2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by paploo
It looks like a lot of people's MBPs shipped today. Myself included. Ordered 3/4, est ship 3/27, actual ship 3/24. Unfortunately, 3/24 is a Friday and I'm not sure how much movement these international packages have over the weekend. Therefore I don't expect to get this until middle of next week.
Augh! I'm going to scream! My estimated ship date is 3/27, and it most definitely did not ship on Friday--my card hasn't even been billed! In fact the lady at Apple made a point of reminding me that the estimated ship date is not guaranteed, and it might go out even later. Why me? What did I do to tick someone off in Cupertino? Why why why?

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2006, 09:12 AM

Mine shipped! It was targetting for the 31st, but I guess I will likely get it Monday.

Too bad I promised to judge a moot court for a local law school after work, so I won't be able to get it set up. That is going to be very frustrating.

Barefoot Matt
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2006, 09:16 AM

Gah! My MBP sat all day yesterday at a sorting facility 2 hours from here. I was sure they'd have it to me by the end of the day, but no such luck... and I probably won't be around to receive it if they deliver on monday.
iPod nano 3G 16GB
MacBook Pro 1.83 / 100 GB 5400 RPM / 1.5 GB

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2006, 09:40 AM

I'm following my machine's progress across the globe with some incredulity. It seems to be breaking records. This time yesterday I received shipment notification, now it's already in Mississauga, status "in'tl shipment release"... They don't deliver on Saturdays, do they?

ravinok
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2006, 10:00 AM

Ordered: 2/25, Ship date: 3/27, actual ship: 3/23; 2.16/7200/2gb

It's hung up in Shanghai right now. Apparently it hit the FedEx cutoff time. :-/

Blah..

The weekends always nab me when shipping things. If I plan the order in such a way that the product *should* ship on a Monday and be at my place by at least Friday, it's almost guaranteed that it will get to Indy by Friday and sit there all weekend.

I shall call this "Ravinok's Law of shipping" :-)
When a package is shipped, it will inevitably be delayed by the weekend.

By the way, do international FedEx packages move/update the status over the weekend?

Jokes and whining aside, good luck to those getting shipments soon. Hopefully they are defect free and will serve for many years!

Poogy
Mar 25, 2006, 10:27 AM

OK, feeling a bit better now. Apparently they do work on Saturdays, because the Apple Store now has tracking information. FedEx says they "package information was transmitted" at 5:51pm on 3/25, which I'm guessing is Beijing time since it's 9:25AM on 3/25 here in Pennsylvania.

Since it's three-day shipping, I'm hoping on Wednesday with a chance of Tuesday. The long nightmare is nearly over.

Poogy
Mar 25, 2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by SimeyTheLimey
Mine shipped! It was targetting for the 31st, but I guess I will likely get it Monday. Too bad I promised to judge a moot court for a local law school after work, so I won't be able to get it set up. That is going to be very frustrating.
That part would be practically enjoyable for me. Once I know for sure it's signed, sealed and delivered, I can enjoy the anticipation. It's the worrying that someone, somewhere is going to screw up the shipment and delay it a week that kills me.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2006, 09:13 PM

Fedex does work 7 days a week, just not all their departments. Rest assured that their transit crew is deliverying our goods, that's what the Fedex & Apple ppl told me.

I don't know about you guys, but mines stopped by Memphis, Tn for sorting from Alaska and now it's in transit back to Alaska for clearance, wtf?!!! Mines should be delivered by Mon. morning.

SLam
Mar 25, 2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by n8236
I don't know about you guys, but mines stopped by Memphis, Tn for sorting from Alaska and now it's in transit back to Alaska for clearance, wtf?!!! Mines should be delivered by Mon. morning.
Mine too! It's traveling the same path.

SHANGHAI, CN -> ANCHORAGE, AK -> MEMPHIS, TN -> ANCHORAGE, AK (WTF???)

FedEx doesn't make sense...
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GB | 100 GB | 10.5.1stevelam.org

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2006, 11:12 PM

Heh, I had my first powerbook travel to a clearing centre within five miles of my house before being sent to an entirely different country for delivery!

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2006, 12:04 AM

Yes! I've finally reached the "unable to cancel" stage. Considering I didn't order apple care or any other accessories that could've shipped, I'm hoping this means my shipment notification can only be a few days off now.

Does anyone know generally how much time exists between "unable to cancel" and "shipped"? I think I'm becoming obsessive...

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2006, 03:22 AM

After going from Shanghai to Alaska to Memphis back to Alaska to finally San Francisco, I will not be home to pick it up due to scheduled event. It saids it'll deliver b4 10:30am, but what times have ya gotten yours? I have to leave the house at 9:30am -_- I will leave a note on the door to have my neighbor sign for it, u think Fedex will do that?

zombie67
Senior User
Mar 26, 2006, 03:56 AM

I ordered a 2.0 MBP on 3/22 from amazon with 1 day shipping. I was hoping to play with it this weekend, but it didn't show up on friday. Amazon did refund my shiping cost, but still...

At least it is now waiting in a UPS station 15 miles from my office. I should get it this monday.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2006, 05:11 AM

Update, the MBP is now shipping 1-2 business days! LOL! wtf! My friend who just ordered one will get hers by the end of next week while I waited over a month for mine. Fcukin' unbelieveable!

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2006, 06:01 AM

Update, the MBP is now shipping 1-2 business days! LOL! wtf!
Alright, that's the last straw... if mine doesn't ship on Monday, I'm going to become the ultimate customer service nightmare for Apple. I expect a complimentary 30" ACD for my trouble, too. And maybe a copy of Final Cut Studio, unlimited free AppleCare, an extra gig of ram, and a voucher for a Rev B machine when Merom debuts.

And finally, an advanced copy of CS3 in universal binary. oh wait, not even Steve Jobs can get that...

paploo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by SLam
Mine too! It's traveling the same path.

SHANGHAI, CN -> ANCHORAGE, AK -> MEMPHIS, TN -> ANCHORAGE, AK (WTF???)

FedEx doesn't make sense...

My package (which shipped Friday) hasn't updated since it left Shanghai. (The status is also "Shipment exception".) So far, I'm not too worried, because the same thing happened with my 12" PB out of Hong Kong: About the time I started to worry that nothing was being updated, I suddenly got a knock at the door. To my surprise the FedEx guy had my package. As silly as it is, it wasn't until a day later that the FedEx tracking site suddently filled in everything from after it was picked up in HK to Delivery a few days later.

I don't understand FedEx sometimes.

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2006, 06:07 PM

This is hilarious - by Saturday morning, my package had made its way from Shanghai to Toronto via Anchorage and Memphis. I refresh the tracking page just now and it says it's back in... Shanghai! W. T. F.??! Always a comedy of errors with anxiously awaited Fedex packages!

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2006, 06:41 PM

The first of March I order mine... estimated ship the 29th. No change in status :-(

A 1.83 with 120GB drive. It's good to hear about you guys getting yours, but also frustrating!

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2006, 11:26 PM

It shipped! On a sunday!(?)

CTO 2.0, 7200
Estimated shipped: 4/7
Actual shipped: 3/26
New estimated delivery: 3/30!

Now all I have to do is relax and watch it move back and forth between Alaska and Sacramento for no apparent reason. Ah, what an incredible journey it has been.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2006, 12:32 AM

-_- Mine is in the city's sorting facility, but for some STUPID reason it's not going out for another day, wtf -_-

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2006, 01:24 AM

I should be getting mine this week - paid for by my employer. BTO from Apple - 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 100GB @7200rpm. It was ordered on March 9 and it shipped on March 25. Should be here this week. All the guys in the office are going to be jealous.

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2006, 12:22 PM

Anyone else here in Canada waiting for their MBP, I spoke to Fedex to ask them about my shipment appearing back in Shanghai... Initially they thought it had in fact been sent back to China because of a problem with the customs paperwork (heart sank) - but then on further examination it seems that it was just a case of a mis-typed entry into a computer. My machine is part of a big consolidated package from Apple that arrived on Saturday in Toronto and has now cleared customs, they assured me. It's being broken down into separate shipments and should go out this afternoon when the tracker page will be updated. MBPs tomorrow, then.
( Last edited by mintcake; Mar 27, 2006 at 12:28 PM. )

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2006, 03:24 PM

Two hours after posting, my MacBook shipped... yay!

eScrib
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2006, 06:24 PM

Amazon.com is showing a 1-2 week shipping period for the 1.83GHZ and 24 hours for the 2.0GHZ. I ordered my 1.83 last Tuesday and I'm still waiting.

I wonder if I should cancel, suck it up, and walk down the street and buy one (pay the tax).

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2006, 10:25 PM

I received my MBP one day earlier than Fedex's designated date @ 10:30am. I'm typing this post on it now. It's SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet. I feel like my life is now more complete. Still trying to figure out its functions and what not.

Again, the MBPs are shipping in 1-2 business days, as advertised from Apple's site. So if your order is stuck for awhile longer, you can always re-order

After I got it, I took pix of like it was my first born lol. It's such a beautiful piece of machinary.

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2006, 10:47 PM

Nnnnggg. Stop tormenting me! ;p

Fedex updated this morning to say it's now back in Anchorage. Since then it hasn't moved. I'm taking tomorrow off anyway, just in case.

Barefoot Matt
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2006, 09:10 AM

Got mine yesterday! Yay!
iPod nano 3G 16GB
MacBook Pro 1.83 / 100 GB 5400 RPM / 1.5 GB

ajbaker
Mar 28, 2006, 09:27 AM

Ordered mine yesterday in the UK, and the wait time is between 3 and 4 weeks. What is the wait time in the US like?

MacFairy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ajbaker
Ordered mine yesterday in the UK, and the wait time is between 3 and 4 weeks. What is the wait time in the US like?
If you order from the Apple website (UK store) shipping is only 3 days now.
Macbook Pro: 1.83Ghz, 120GB HD, 1GB ram
iPod: 30GB

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2006, 10:18 AM

I'm not a happy bunny - Fedex are really mucking me around. Consider the following tracking information:

Now any normal person looking at that on Friday would think his Macbook Pro had arrived already in Canada, right? So when on Sunday it suddenly appears in Shanghai, I think something's amiss (see a few posts back). I phone Fedex and am reassured that it's just an input error. Ditto when the thing says 'Anchorage' again. I'm assured it will be with me today. So this morning when it says Memphis I call again. I've taken the day off to receive my MBP so I don't want to have wasted my time.

This time the helpful person at the other end of the phone tells me, as if it's the most normal thing in the world, "Oh the tracking was just showing your information, your package has only just left China."

"So when my shipping number tells me that my package has travelled from Shanghai via Anchorage and Memphis to Toronto, it's not in fact my package at all, it's just my 'information'?? And you think this is normal?"

"Oh yes, of course."

"You don't think your customers might be confused by this system?!"

"Well it's perfectly normal practice. You won't get your package today. Check back tomorrow morning, you may get it tomorrow if it clears customs."

Well thanks a fscking bunch.

crackermun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2006, 10:25 AM

Well you guys will hate me . I ordered yesterday morning at 9:25 AM EST and I got my shipment notice this morning around the same time. I didn't do a CTO I just went with the "stocK" 2.0 model. I learned my lesson with the mini - since I did a CTO it took 4 times as long to get it.

I hope you guys get yours soon . Anyone looking for an Intel Mini?

-Paul

eScrib
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2006, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by eScrib
Amazon.com is showing a 1-2 week shipping period for the 1.83GHZ and 24 hours for the 2.0GHZ. I ordered my 1.83 last Tuesday and I'm still waiting.

I wonder if I should cancel, suck it up, and walk down the street and buy one (pay the tax).

I caved...

Canceled my amazon order, walked 10 minute to the Apple store over lunch and picked it up.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2006, 06:07 PM

Received it this morning. Installed Office and Adobe CS2 right away and I'm typing on it now. People keep coming into my office to check it out.

Poogy
Mar 29, 2006, 12:00 AM

Got mine this morning, a whole day early!

kaibutsu3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2006, 06:27 AM

Ordered mine from the UK store this morning, 2.16 7200, the estimated shipping is still 3-4 weeks. I thought the wait time has reduced a lot over the past week....

Anyone else ordering from the UK? care to share your experience?

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2006, 07:39 AM

Still no sign of mine... Fedex tracking hasn't updated in over 24 hours, it still says exactly what it said in my previous post...

ksloan2
Mar 29, 2006, 05:26 PM

I ordered my Macbook on the 17th and it arrived today, quite a few days ahead of the estimated shipping date. Also, it arrived via normal post service, and not any special delivery service (even though the Apple store website listed "TNT" as the delivery service).

No dead pixels what I can see, though a small scratch on one of the keys and the left side along the front has a small millimeter gap between the plastic and the bottom of the aluminium case which is a bit suprising, but so far just a minor annoyance (unless it prooves that it scratches the screen or doesn't close the lid properly in the long run, that is.

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2006, 09:25 PM

OK, well it finally arrived. No dead pixels, but I have the whine. Noisier than my old 12" revB G4, the fans seem to be on permanently. It's not running hot (yet). Two things bother me: the screen tilt, and the large bezel at the top of the screen, presumably to accommodate the iSight.

Feels horribly big compared to my old 12" but no doubt I'll get used to that.

It's a 2.0ghz with 1gb RAM and the 100gb 7200rpm drive. I'm about to add another gig of RAM, once I've checked everything's working as it should. It doesn't feel much faster than my old powerbook, yet, though the screen is really lovely.

zign
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2006, 09:59 AM

Ship date in 3 weeks. Really annoyed.
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

ajbaker
Mar 30, 2006, 11:44 AM

WOW I have just received from Apple, completely out of the blue, a dispatch notification for my new MacBook Pro. And I am in the UK!

I ordered it on the 27 March and the Apple Order Tracking web site quoted a wait of at least 3 weeks. I am stunned and so excited.

Does anyone have any real world figures as to how long delivery takes to the UK? I guess they are shipped from China - yes?

I now need to prepare myself... Windows XP CD (!), ready to format hard drive, check for dead pixels, check for the 'whine' that everyone is talking about... Is there anything I should be checking for???

zign
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ajbaker
WOW I have just received from Apple, completely out of the blue, a dispatch notification for my new MacBook Pro. And I am in the UK!

I ordered it on the 27 March and the Apple Order Tracking web site quoted a wait of at least 3 weeks. I am stunned and so excited.

Does anyone have any real world figures as to how long delivery takes to the UK? I guess they are shipped from China - yes?

I now need to prepare myself... Windows XP CD (!), ready to format hard drive, check for dead pixels, check for the 'whine' that everyone is talking about... Is there anything I should be checking for???
I ordered on 27th and they are still telling me 3 weeks.
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

ajbaker
Mar 30, 2006, 12:48 PM

that's very unfortunate zign. i have confidence the same will happen for you though.

ahintz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2006, 03:08 PM

For me it was just four elapsed days from shipping notification to delivery of my MBP. TNT's delivery timeline was:

Date Time Location Status
29 Mar 2006 12:08 London Heathrow Depot Delivered
29 Mar 2006 09:17 London Heathrow Depot Out For Delivery
29 Mar 2006 05:11 London Heathrow Depot Import Received
28 Mar 2006 16:19 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Mar 2006 16:11 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
27 Mar 2006 16:11 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Mar 2006 13:19 Amsterdam Consignment Received At Transit Point
26 Mar 2006 03:03 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
25 Mar 2006 12:44 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

I hope you're similarly pleasantly surprised!

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2006, 03:18 PM

!!! it's here

shipped: monday, 3/27
arrived: thursday, 3/30 (one day earlier than projected!)

original estimates:

shipped: 4/07
recieved: 4/14

needless to say, i'm in absolute switcher bliss right now. thanks, apple.

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2006, 01:21 AM

Congratulations MutePrint!

Mine arrived today... no whine that I can tell. You can hear the fans or the HD but it's no whine and very soft; my Dell does the same.

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 07:20 AM

Looks like I dodged the bullet, no whine or dead pixels.

Here are my initial 10-cent observations, as redundantly noted several times over now:
Was skeptical at first about the heat issue, but after 3+ hours of continual use, this thing is getting pretty toasty. Not the biggest deal, but moreso than expected. A few weird issues with FrontRow freezing up at first, not sure exactly what was happening but it seems to have mostly subsided now. Everything else is just fantastic. The amount of jealousy this thing has provoked in my friends during the past 12 hours is incredible, surely a testament to quality.

And for the record, even with only 1 gig of ram, photoshop is blazing compared to my old athlon desktop. Certainly not as bad as some are making it out to be...

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 08:27 AM

Apple ordered my MacBook Pro on 3/24/2006, and it shipped on 3/29. FedEx *still* hasn't updated my shipping information in 48 hours!

Anyone had this happen to them?

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 08:28 AM

Oh, I also forgot to mention: I got overnight shipping, so why does Apple offer it if it doesn't exist?

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2006, 10:08 AM

voxxit, that's exactly what happened to me (see earlier in the thread, up a few posts). What happened was my computer arrived at Fedex too late for them to send it on, but they sent on the information and that's what was tracked across the Pacific, only to stall at the local distribution centre waiting for my computer to start its journey. I'm unhappy with Fedex over this, it's a highly confusing tracking system if not downright deceptive.

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 03:16 PM

How long did it take to get to you, mintcake? I was hoping I would get mine today sometime! But, I guess Monday is my only option at this point. My tracking information *still* hasn't updated. It's showing as not even leaving China yet!

Forum Links
Forum Rules