Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > ipod shuffle is "plain-jane"

ipod shuffle is "plain-jane"
i_rooster
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2005, 11:55 AM

mwhahahahaha!

MSNBC: What is your take on Apple's iPod Shuffle?

Sim Wong Hoo: We were preparing for a big fight. [We expected] they would come out with something very cool, very sexy. It turned out totally opposite, something like our first-generation product�no display, no radio, very simple. I believe we had this kind of thing more than three years or four years ago. You can say it's cool; I say it's plain-Jane.

Now who doesn't like sexy curvaceous things in life?

more here

waky waky!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 13, 2005, 12:02 PM

He got some flack on the first day the shuffle was released when he said it was old hat and the same as cheap Chinese mainland ripoffs.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

roberto blanco
Senior User
Feb 13, 2005, 12:02 PM

...But he was not the first to come out with this MP3. We started way back in 1999...

life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators - r. dawkins

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2005, 12:27 PM

The problem is, his products are ****.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2005, 12:27 PM

LOL! I wouldn't expect Creative to praise the iPod.... or MSNBC, for that matter.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2005, 12:29 PM

I'm betting on the Microsoft camp. They want to win this whole MP3 war. With all the cash they have, with all the clout they have, they are going to win�if not the first time, if not the second time, the third time, and that's why we're working very closely with them.
Translation: If we dont suck up to M$ they'll use their hoards of money to crush us like little bugs.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2005, 01:29 PM

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being based in Singapore?
The advantage is, we come from a very conscientious culture. You tell our people what to do, they'll follow the rules, they'll do it. The downside is, they are not as creative. We fixed that by having a U.S.-based RD team that's doing more advanced research.
That's very flattering to the U.S.

Mafia
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2005, 01:36 PM

well he can keep his 2% of the marketshare.
http://www.mafia-designs.com

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Feb 13, 2005, 01:40 PM

I'll be honest, it really must burn some of these companies that are trying to make money with razor thin margins on MP3 players...

and Apple comes out with an ultra basic MP3 player that's selling like hot cakes. It really asks the question "does an MP3 player that holds 100+ songs (or 200+ songs) need a screen?

I don't think they understand the "iTunes + iTMS + iPod + simplicity = cool" phenomenon.

Zimmerman
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
I'll be honest, it really must burn some of these companies that are trying to make money with razor thin margins on MP3 players...

and Apple comes out with an ultra basic MP3 player that's selling like hot cakes. It really asks the question "does an MP3 player that holds 100+ songs (or 200+ songs) need a screen?

I don't think they understand the "iTunes + iTMS + iPod + simplicity = cool" phenomenon.
Actually, simplicity acts as a parameter so the forumula would go,

simplicity*(iTunes+iTMS+iPod) = cool

Ergo, the better the simplicity and ergonomics, the greater the other three factors will contribute to coolness. I'm an economics nerd. I can't help it.

Donate your spare cycles - join TeamNN today!
Remember to check the Marketplace!

Forum Links
Forum Rules