Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Streaming music from emac to home stereo

Streaming music from emac to home stereo
maclava
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 08:03 AM

Hiya, i'm new to the posting thingy so go easy on me. Just woundering if any can help me with either a hardware or a software way to stream music from my emac to my home stereo, my home stereo does not play mp3s as far as i know? Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 10:37 AM

How far is your reciever from your computer? You can just get a 1/8th" to RCA adapter cable at radio shack if it's close enough.

zubro
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2003, 11:46 AM

If it is to rip radio from the net, well I ll advice "StreamRipperX"
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...4856&vid=69846
Works real nice!
Then play them back on your stereo or select the ones youlike and burn them down some CDs!...

Hope it helped.

maclava  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 11:53 AM

My stereo is about 10-15" away and all i want to do is to play the thousands of mp3s from my emac onto my stereo? Is their a wireless ar a wired network solution?

Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2003, 10:11 AM

If it's only 10-15' then get a jack to RCA cable and plug directly from your computer to an aux input on your stereo.

Cable shouldn't cost more than about $5 from Radio Shack or similar. Will also give you the best quality.

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Goldie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:40 PM

I use the PowerWave. Works great for connecting ipod to real speakers too. Works well for a lot of things.

Forum Links
Forum Rules