Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad 3G supply...

iPad 3G supply...
kman42
Professional Poster
May 10, 2010, 03:16 PM

I put my name on the reserve list at the local store (UTC in San Diego) on 5/4. I got a confirmation email, but haven't yet received notification that the iPad has arrived. I ordered the 32gb 3g model.

I stopped by today and they said they haven't received a shipment in a week.

How is your wait?

kman

Zeeb
Mac Elite
May 11, 2010, 04:13 PM

No wait here. Purchased my 64gb iPad 3G and Apple case on launch day--no reservation of any kind. I was in line a total of 10 minutes and had my iPad 5 minutes later. It was so easy I thought the 3G might not sell so well -- and only came to find out later that subsequently all stores are sold out. Makes me wonder if there isn't an artifical shortage going on here.

kman42  (op)
Professional Poster
May 11, 2010, 04:31 PM

I doubt it's artificial. I think they are gearing up for the international launch and want to have supply on hand for that so they are rationing US buyers that came late to the party. I think they are just trickling them out as needed and trying to keep the wait to about a week as that is what they state for shipping if you buy online.

Forum Links
Forum Rules