Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple In-App Purchase Troubles.

Apple In-App Purchase Troubles.
SamPF
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2015, 03:55 PM

Hello to all of you people there. Before I start, I'd like to wish you all a good day.

Anyway:

My problem started yesterday when I had bought an in-app purchase for £1.58 ($1.69). I hadn't ever had any problems with Apple yet, so it came to me with a surprise when instead of accepting my credit, Apple had not processed it and displayed a message saying "Cannot find Apple ID. Your email or password might be incorrect. Please retry."

I retried twice, all to no avail by the way. Then, I created a new Apple ID and tried once more. Same error message again. I didn't click retry again, and decided to leave it at that (keep in mind, I wasn't expecting my in-app currency to go up due to the errors).

Later on, I checked my bank account and found that Apple had charged me four times (the amount of times I retried on two accounts). It came as a shock to me, since my in-app currency didn't go up at all, despite Apple processing the purchases.

Seeing as I wanted my money back, I first called Apple Care (whom led me to the developer(s) of the application).
I had to send an email with my iTunes receipt of the purchases. Fine, nothing wrong with that. I went to check my e-mail, and guess what? No receipt. (This isn't a shock since I know Apple doesn't send it for a short while).

I decided to report a problem anyway - but what really blew me away was the fact that Apple didn't process my purchases. They charged me four times for the retries, yet I didn't get the currency, and then when I go to report a problem, Apple hasn't listed my purchases.

According to Apple, I have not purchased a thing since August 01 2015, which is almost a month before now. I checked my new Apple ID purchase history, and that didn't have a history of the purchases too. I tried different methods to find it, but they all failed.

I'm stuck in a position where I want my money back, though I need a receipt for proof. I don't have a receipt, and I won't get one since Apple hasn't acknowledged my purchases on both accounts. And then to top it off, I have realised that my old Apple ID's email address is not available to me right now.

So, do any of you guys know what to do from this point? I'd either like my money back, or at least an amount of in-game currency equal to what I had paid for.

andi*pandi
Aug 29, 2015, 04:07 PM

I might contact my credit card to have them block the purchase, if apple or the developer does not fix it.

I might also be a little concerned that your old apple ID was compromised in some way.

SamPF  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2015, 04:10 PM

Very well. I'd like to thank you for taking your time to reply, since I believe this is the wrong sub-forum to post a thread of this topic on.

mindwaves
Aug 29, 2015, 07:36 PM

Not a big deal in regard to your cc. Just go online and debate the purchase. Your cc company should agree with you with no issues. At least mine does.

Forum Links
Forum Rules