Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Amazon could launch Instant Video app for Apple TV within weeks

Amazon could launch Instant Video app for Apple TV within weeks
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 30, 2015, 07:57 AM

Amazon may be preparing to ship an Instant Video app for the fourth-generation Apple TV before the end of the year, if a Twitter post is to be believed. Engineer Dan Bostonweeks claims to have been sent a response by the retailer, from a query via the Amazon Instant Video iOS app, stating development of the tvOS app is underway and could soon give Prime Instant Video subscribers another venue to watch Amazon-provided video streams.

"I have interacted with our technical team and have been informed that they are currently working in developing a new app for the Apple TV," starts the reply. "As we have already succeeded in developing an app for iPhone and iPad, we hope to make an app separately for the Apple TV. Hopefully, within a few weeks span, you will be able to see the Amazon Instant Video app feature on your Apple TV."

Amazon has yet to confirm on an official capacity whether or not it will be supporting the latest Apple TV. Considering the prevalence of the app and service across multiple devices, a tvOS version of the Amazon Instant Video app is pretty likely to happen, though late last month Amazon took the step of removing product listings for the Apple TV and Chromecast from its store in favor of promoting its own Fire TV devices.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Nov 30, 2015 at 07:58 AM. )

David Esrati
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2015, 07:55 PM

They need to re-release the app for my google TV /Android TV devices. I pay for Prime- I shouldn't have to buy their device to watch it.
David Esrati
The Next Wave
937-228-4433

Forum Links
Forum Rules