Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions
Q27
Mar 1, 2001, 07:58 PM

I recently purchased a Blueberry iMac 350 (slot loading). And there appears to be no sound, I am wondering if there is something that I can do. I don't know if the system was setup properly.

holiday
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2001, 08:21 PM

Is everything else functioning properly? If so go to the apple menu open the control panel, then the sound controls and make sure the system is not on mute.

Q27  (op)
Mar 1, 2001, 08:30 PM

Everything seems to be functioning properly. I checked to make sure that the mute was off, and still no sound. I also tried hooking up some headphones and still no sound. I am guessing that it is either a software issue or a harware issue(Something got unplugged from the soundcard inside)

[This message has been edited by Q27 (edited 03-01-2001).]

Q27  (op)
Mar 1, 2001, 09:25 PM

I am guessing that it is probably hardware, since there is no Gong at Startup. Anyone know how to fix this?

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2001, 01:48 AM

It sounds like hardware... You should call Apple - they'll walk you through a routine check - over and over again to see if your iMac warrants replacement... provided you're still under warranty. Otherwise you can find a local repair shop...
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Aussiemac
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2001, 02:40 AM

Download this, install it, then push the zap pram button http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-1.1638647
Aussiemac
iMac 21.5"-2.4GHz i5, 15"-2.66 i7 MacBook Pro, iMac Bondi G3/233 (still working), HTC Desire, Golf V GTI DSG

cpu101
Mar 2, 2001, 06:52 AM

I dont think its a hardware problem.

You should check to see if you have all the correct extensions installed. The gong you hear at startup is not in the software its in the rom. And if it is a hardware problem check to see if the speakers are somehow disconnected internally.

Its late I need rest............

Forum Links
Forum Rules