Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1

OS 9.1
termopilas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2001, 11:25 AM

I updated iMac 233 -160 RAM to 9.1. Everything seems to work OK exceept that if I put an audio CD in the CD drawer it will not mount on the desktop, any other CD with folders, applications, photo files etc. will mount OK, but not any audio CD it makes no difference whether it is original or copy, the cursor turns into a small clock and the iMac freezes. Also for no apparent reason the cursor will suddenly start changing from an arrow to a clock and continues switchingl back and forth. I use a Macally Ballpro. I am thinking of going back to 9.0.4

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2001, 01:17 PM

Did you also download iTunes? It is probably trying to get to the web to check song info for the music CD. Try connecting to the internet first, and then put in a music CD.

termopilas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2001, 02:50 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. I have cable so I am connected to the Internet whenever the computer is on. I do have iTunes and also Sound Jam and Audion, I tried your suggestion , but it did not work, the one thing that did change is that the cursor arrow did not change into a watch, but my iMac still froze,I could move the cursor around, but nothing worked. One thing I have noticed is that apparently when I put an audio CD in the CD tray it does not spin,and will not mount on the desktop like if it was not working, however a CD with files etc. will work although I have noticed it makes less noise ( humming) than before. Will appreciate any suggestions from anyone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules