Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Sony PS3'S

FS: Sony PS3'S
weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2006, 12:04 AM

hey all, i have for sale quite a few Sony Play Station 3's

i know the price is high, but ebay is quite abit higher

These will be delivered to me the 17th, and are obviously new and in in box un opened.

i am looking for 1100 each.

As you may or may not know sony has stated that only 500,000 units will be available in north america this quarter.

if you want one this is cheaper than ebay.

i have refs under

[email protected], or weazbert. heatware/paypal/ebay.

i would prefer money order, but will take paypal if need be.

i will ship the 18th.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by weazbert View Post
hey all, i have for sale quite a few Sony Play Station 3's

i know the price is high, but ebay is quite abit higher

These will be delivered to me the 17th, and are obviously new and in in box un opened.

i am looking for 1100 each.

As you may or may not know sony has stated that only 500,000 units will be available in north america this quarter.

if you want one this is cheaper than ebay.

i have refs under

[email protected], or weazbert. heatware/paypal/ebay.

i would prefer money order, but will take paypal if need be.

i will ship the 18th.
whoa!
as ever,
sonny

osxpinot
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 01:45 AM

this is actually a reasonable price from what I've seen

xstefanx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2006, 03:15 AM

YHPM..

about other stuff ;D

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 08:48 AM

Or you can just camp outside a Best Buy at 2 PM until midnight and get one for $499.

So, waste 10 hours of your day or spend $600 over retail?

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 09:47 AM

Capitalist spirit for sure, but I can't help but find that kind of sleezy, weazbert.

Originally Posted by CheesePuff 2.0 View Post
Or you can just camp outside a Best Buy at 2 PM until midnight and get one for $499.

So, waste 10 hours of your day or spend $600 over retail?
Well, if it's not wasted (as much) if you have a DS or PSP, and it's an experience if you're a true fan/gamer. Me, I choose the Wii.

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2006, 10:23 AM

Yeah, sleezy to the fullest extent and meaning of the word. Guys like you have a special corner in hell just waiting for you to get hit by 5 o'clock traffic.

Guys.... this guy has NO WAY of promising that you'll get your unit. Just remember, all pre orders are not guaranteed... he has no way of knowing just how many he'll get. Remember the 360 preorder fiasco?

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2006, 10:28 AM

And another thing.....

Do you know how many little kids are saving up for those things? I swear, I remember seeing a kid in Portland best buy (it was even on the news) who was turned away crying because guys like you bought up all the stock. The guy was like 3rd in line, then bought up like 8 360's, leaving everyone else in line up that particular creek...well this kid had worked all summer to save for it, had his $500 and was turned away because they were sold out.

The entrepreneurial stooge promptly offered to sell one to the kid... then crushed him by saying it'd be $1000.

Thanks a lot for being a world class asshat.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 11:54 AM

Agree 100%.

People who pay over MSRP for a freakin' game system are idiots. In 6-8 months you will see them sitting on store shelves. Just look at the 360. A little patience goes a long way...

DO NOT FEED THE PRICE GOUGERS! Wait 6-8 months after release, walk into Best Buy, grab one off the shelf, pay MSRP, and go play.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 9, 2006, 12:18 PM

Weazbert, I'm closing this thread until you show me proof that you will have the products advertised and ready to ship on the date advertised. If this sale proceeds, and I receive any complaints of people who you promised a box to and then were unable to ship because you offered something you can't actually get, you will not be welcome to post here again.

To all other posters, while I don't condone this activity, it is legal, but I highly recommend not sending any money until you have proof that there is a product available, specifically designated for you.

--Scott
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules