Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Help! Album Names

iTunes Help! Album Names
kyles_mac
Oct 1, 2006, 04:44 PM

Hello everyone,

With my newly-purchased iPod, I am a big fan of the new iTunes, especially with the Cover Browser that is integrated.

However, before-hand I never really cared about the names of the albums, but now, due to the above reasons, I do care. Does anyone know of any programs or any WORKING scripts that can find an album name with ease? I've tried multiple scripts before and none of them seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 2, 2006, 01:58 PM

I don't know of any way to automate it, unfortunately. But I have found that the iTunes music store is a quick way to look up that information. Then I key it in manually using a batch edit for all the tracks in the album.

tooki

DaTubaKid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2006, 01:47 PM

Actually, you can manually tell iTunes to check Gracenotes for CD track information. Just select which songs you would like to have it look up, then go under the Advanced menu and select "Get CD Track Names" and voila!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2006, 04:34 PM

iTunes will only look up CD title info if you've imported the CD with iTunes.

I.e., if you import a CD but don't have an internet connection at that time, iTunes will save the information about the CD that it needs to glean the titles from Gracenote's CDDB.

But not if you get the song from anywhere else.

kyles_mac  (op)
Oct 3, 2006, 10:26 PM

I have tried to automate it with iTunes, but as analogika said, if it's imported from elsewhere then it won't work and that is my problem.

Well, thanks for the help. I guess I will be spending some time on Google.

Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules