Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OSX 10.3.2 and Classic

OSX 10.3.2 and Classic
Scott Heath
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2004, 06:12 PM

There has been a lot of talk about the 10.3.2 update and network connections, but in my case the breakdown of my network connections after the 10.3.2 upgrade included the loss of my local OS9 environment. Even when I tried to open it directly from the OS9 pane in System Preferences, I got a message asking me if I really wanted to run classic without enough memory (actually, I have a gig, so I'm not sure what triggered that message).

Classic ran very well under 10.2.8, and my network backups of my old HyperCard stacks automatically launched it (the resource forks were all there). Now, the stacks all have "executable Unix file" icons. But when I log on to the fileshare from an OS9 machine, they're all still there with the proper icons.

Is anyone else seeing these problems with Classic under 10.3.2? Will 10.3.3 fix them? Any idea what's goin on?

Forum Links
Forum Rules