Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Open Letter to President George W. Bush

Open Letter to President George W. Bush
Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 25, 2005, 06:55 AM

John Q. Smith
Jan 25, 2005, 10:17 AM

dear prezzy bush,

will you please force apple to sell a cheap, headless mac?

signed

john q. smith
john f. smith

omg it's already come true!

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 10:41 AM

...and while you're at it, please make someone come and dust my house for my wife every week -- she hates doing it and so do I. It would also be cool to have my groceries delivered to me so that I don't have to go to the store and get them myself.

Oh, and can you make someone come and clean-out my cat's litter box every other day?

Lastly, I think you should give everyone in the world a bunch of butterflies because butterflies make people happy.

Thanks Mr. President,
Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
...and while you're at it, please make someone come and dust my house for my wife every week -- she hates doing it and so do I. It would also be cool to have my groceries delivered to me so that I don't have to go to the store and get them myself.

Oh, and can you make someone come and clean-out my cat's litter box every other day?

Lastly, I think you should give everyone in the world a bunch of butterflies because butterflies make people happy.

Thanks Mr. President,
Maury
What the heck does that have to do with the letter? Can you actually argue his points or does this high-school level response represent the bulk of your reasoning?
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by UNTiMac:
What the heck does that have to do with the letter? Can you actually argue his points or does this high-school level response represent the bulk of your reasoning?
What do you have against butterflies?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 12:17 PM

Oh, it has nothing to do with the letter from the link -- I was merely adding my own "open letter to the President."

A bit uptight, aren't we? Thanks for proving my point about the need for butterflies.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 12:22 PM

Oh, it has nothing to do with the letter from the link -- I was merely adding my own "open letter to the President."

A bit uptight, aren't we? Thanks for proving my point about the need for butterflies.

Maury
Yeah sorry, a mouse died from poison in an inaccesible place under my fridge in my apartment and started to stink yesterday, couldn't find a parking spot for class, lost my cell phone when needing to call about the mouse...etc. And then you had to be all sarcastic-conservative-dude and it just put me over the edge. I'm lightening up though.
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 12:42 PM

Yeah sorry, a mouse died from poison in an inaccesible place under my fridge in my apartment and started to stink yesterday, couldn't find a parking spot for class, lost my cell phone when needing to call about the mouse...etc. And then you had to be all sarcastic-conservative-dude and it just put me over the edge. I'm lightening up though.
Yeah, dead mice are stinky all right.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 25, 2005, 02:31 PM

Yeah, dead mice are stinky all right.

dude... I'm never eating tomato soup again.

thanks.

and for the litter box request. That would be nifty.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 03:28 PM

Dear Mr. President,
I would be more than willing to undertake the task of RAILhead's litter box cleaning in return for:

A green card.
A date with your niece.
Your forcing Jeep to abandon its newly found policy of putting independent suspension on everything and go back to making WJs and XJs.

Yours hopefully,
Sherwie.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2005, 03:37 PM

Thanks Mr. President,
Maury
When I first read that, I thought you wrote, "please make someone come and dust my wife"

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
Dear Mr. President,
I would be more than willing to undertake the task of RAILhead's litter box cleaning in return for:

A green card.
A date with your niece.
Your forcing Jeep to abandon its newly found policy of putting independent suspension on everything and go back to making WJs and XJs.

Yours hopefully,
Sherwie.
Hey those are good -- though I don't need a green card. And cripes yes, Lauren is hot:

I'm with you on the Jeep stuff, too. Mr. Bush, please make someone deliver a fully-functinal WWII Willy's Jeep to my driveway. With external gas cans. And an F-14 Tomcat.

Thanks again Mr. President,
Maury

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 03:56 PM

And an F-14 Tomcat.
Come now, we don't want to make the proposition unrealistic or the President will completely ignore our requests. I mean, you do want your litter tray cleaning, right?

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by John Q. Smith:
[B]dear prezzy bush,

will you please force apple to sell a cheap, headless mac?

signed

john q. smith
john f. smith/B]
LOL

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
Come now, we don't want to make the proposition unrealistic or the President will completely ignore our requests. I mean, you do want your litter tray cleaning, right?
Yes, yes...you're right.

I guess I'll stick with the butterflies, littbox, and trade the dusting, Jeep and F-14 for a Phoenix Missle -- and I'll even take an inert one, too.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 04:44 PM

Yes, yes...you're right.

I guess I'll stick with the butterflies, littbox, and trade the dusting, Jeep and F-14 for a Phoenix Missle -- and I'll even take an inert one, too.
That sounds reasonable. Just don't point it at Lauren when I get her to come around to do your litter tray.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 26, 2005, 02:57 AM

Thanks Mr. President,
Maury
Dare RAILhead,

Get a maid.

The President
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules