Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bring back Goldblum

Bring back Goldblum
davecom
Mac Elite
May 15, 2007, 05:50 AM

Bring him back!

Hi I'm a Mac.
And I'm a PC.
And I'm Jeff Goldblum.

There's no step 3, there's no step 3! Those were the days. There was something about those original iMacs, ah something so much more quaint yet revolutionary in design versus all the whizz bang today.

I want Goldblum!

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 15, 2007, 07:54 AM

Nah, I want the original voice over dude. You know the voice that was used for the famous 1984 commercial.
Michael

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 15, 2007, 08:14 AM

To this day every once in a while my friend or I will turn to each other and ask, "What is an email? I don't have an email."

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 03:34 PM

I think it would be hilarious if they brought him back to "mediate" between the Mac and the PC in the new ads. Hell, make it a half hour infomercial.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 03:40 PM

They could make Mac and PC die and Jeff could talk to them.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 03:47 PM

Apparently we aren't the only fans of Jeff Goldblum:

From: Jeff Goldblum: Obsessed Fan "Accosted" Me - TMZ.com
TMZ has learned that actor Jeff Goldblum has filed a restraining order against a 44-year-old woman, claiming that she has shown up to his house "unannounced and uninvited 20 times within the past month and over 50 times in the last three months."

In court documents, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Goldblum claims a woman named Linda Ransom has "sent harassing and threatening letters, stalked me at various locations, physically attacked my employee and accosted me."

According to the documents, Ransom met Goldblum at an acting school in Los Angeles where Goldblum teaches. She then began showing up at various locations where he performed with his jazz band, The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra.

In a statement included in the court documents, Ransom claims she was just trying to get Goldblum to "support my efforts to complete my research and screenplay as accurate [sic] as possible."
The Mildred Snitzner Orchestra? Okay, I can totally see this morphing into an iPod commercial now.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 03:59 PM

Jeff Goldblum should play the ominous voice of God, telling Mac and PC to shut the hell up and get on with their lives.

Seriously though, Apple needs to end this series of commercials. They have squeezed all of the juice their gonna get out of that rock. Why does Apple take a successful commercial concept and drive it into the ground until it becomes a parody? I do enjoy these commercials, but now every time I see one come on, even if I've never seen that particular one before, I get annoyed. Don't think that's what they are going for, but I could be wrong.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 10:03 PM

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 16, 2007, 01:38 PM

The Feiss

Mac: Hi I'm a Mac
PC: And I'm a PC
Feiss: Uuuhh, bummer.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

davecom  (op)
Mac Elite
May 19, 2007, 04:19 AM

Classic, truly classic! Someone should start a campaign or something, bring back Goldblum!

Forum Links
Forum Rules