Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > itunes television labels

itunes television labels
iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2007, 04:46 PM

im recently ripping all my television dvd's using handbrake. when i import these into itunes to use with front row i have to label each episode as a television episode one at a time so that they show up in the television tab and not under movies. is there a way where i could select all the videos and covert them all to television at once rather than doing them individually?

its not a HUGE problem but with upwards of 300 episodes of random shows, right clicking EVERY episode becomes long in the tooth, thanks for any help.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

danbt79
Oct 16, 2007, 12:28 PM

Hey,

I had the same problem! There's a brilliant resource for iTunes related applescripts at:

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Managing Files

I found a very cool one that lets me enter the Show Description information. Ordinarily, iTunes doesn't let you enter or edit this information. Just visit tv.com and cut and paste away!

Although I don't have one for editing the 'TV Show' field you refer to, I know there IS one over there. I read about it recently only AFTER I had edited my videos one by one!

Hope that helps!
( Last edited by danbt79; Oct 16, 2007 at 07:34 PM. )

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2007, 07:31 PM

Try MetaX.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Forum Links
Forum Rules