Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Anyone using 2wire?

Anyone using 2wire?
OperaMan
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2005, 02:42 PM

I have a 2wire USB PC Port Adapter with all the correct drivers installed. It only wants to work sometimes, and the colored dot stays red in the Network preferences. It seems that the computer doesn't want to power the USB or something.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 1, 2005, 06:42 PM

I have to wonder if your drivers are the MOST current. While drivers for "OS X" are supposed to work (in most cases) with any version of OS X, that's not always the case in actual practice. There may be something in the version you're running, let's say OS 10.2 versus 10.1, that keeps the driver from working properly. Check 2Wire's tech support web site to get the very latest driver-and see if there's some discussion of this sort of problem, and a possible solution.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

OperaMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2005, 09:18 PM

I'm running fully updated 10.3 with the drivers I downloaded from their site yesterday. The strange thing is that the computer will grab an IP even though it says there is nothing plugged in.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 1, 2005, 11:25 PM

Hav you tried reinstalling the drivers? Sometimes they don't "take" when you install them, but the second time all is perfect.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

OperaMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2005, 09:33 PM

Now I see that everytime the computer restarts, the light on the adapter turns on during the beginning of startup, then turns off and stays that way. Apple System Profiler still see's the it thought, just the Network control can't. Is there any way to write a script to repoll all USB devices?

Forum Links
Forum Rules