Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Cover-up worse than the crime?

Cover-up worse than the crime? (Page 9)
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Obama spent a considerable amount of time, money and energy trying to keep his (especially this) records hidden.

You don't do that if there's nothing to see. Unless you're just stupid. At this point, I concede that maybe he just really isn't all that bright.
Was this Axelrod and Emanuel's advice?
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So can I conclude that the past 8 pages of this thread have been a total waste of everyone's time? WTF.
Basically. It was stupid to begin with. I said it before and I'll say it again. This entire "birther" thing never had anything to do with the Constitution or legalities or even these little things we call facts. Let alone common sense. This was, is, and will continue to be about those who simply refuse to accept the legitimacy of President Obama. And they will cling to whatever cockamamie conspiracy theory they can to "justify" their retarded BS. Let's face it. There are some on the right who simply refuse to accept a Democratic President. Clinton had to deal with a lot of this stupidity as well. Vince Foster. Ron Brown. Blah blah blah. Now with Obama he's a Democrat AND he's black too? Well apparently about 2/3rds of the collective minds on the right simply couldn't fathom the thought that someone with President Obama's background was just as "Amerrrican" as them. I would have had more respect for these knuckleheads if they had just called him a n*gger and been done with it. You know ... just keep it real and call it a day. Much like the California GOP official who thought it would be a good idea to email this around to her political associates ....

.... with the caption "Now you know why no birth certificate.".

But the rest of these fools who decided to hide their ideological and racial animosity behind this ridiculous "birther" nonsense only managed to insult the intelligence of most well-intentioned Americans. Quite frankly, I love how President Obama has given these fools four years worth of rope to hang themselves with. Stayed cool and allowed key GOP leaders to outright align themselves with this foolishness or at a minimum play the "I believe the President is a citizen, but ...." game in order to not to alienate these fools that apparently make up an large portion of their political base. And now that they've painted themselves into a exceedingly obvious corner and their idiotic grumbling has reached a fever pitch ... he's simply dropped the bomb and exposed their foolishness for exactly what it is. If only he could have gotten away with ending his news conference with "Now all you birthers can kiss my black ass!" and then strolled back into the Oval Office. Now that would have been classic!

OAW

PS: Now queue up all the diehard birthers who will claim that it's a Photoshop job or that their racist BS is all Obama's fault for not seeking to get a waiver for Hawaii to release this document years ago. When we all know good and damned well that it wouldn't have made a bit of difference to these idiots.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 12:51 PM

Well, stupendousman has proven himself a damn fool willing to believe anything if it has a miniscule ability to be detrimental to the Libs and Dems.

But we already knew that.

Wait....he is still saying Obama has something to hide? I've figured it out, he is a joke account poking fun at Republicans! I get it now.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2011, 01:05 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 01:10 PM

What are you trying to say?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 01:14 PM

larger pic

List of "new concerns" from the Smoking Gun
So here’s a few nutty points about the birth certificate sure to be seized upon by the nonbelievers:

• If the original document was in a bound volume (as reflected by the curvature of the left hand side of the certificate), how can the green patterned background of the document's safety paper be so seamless?

• Why, if Obama was born on August 4, 1961, was the “Date Accepted by Local Reg.” four days later on August 8, 1961?

• What is the significance of the smudges in the box containing the name of the reported attendant?

• David A. Sinclair, the M.D. who purportedly signed the document, died nearly eight years ago at age 81. So he is conveniently unavailable to answer questions about Obama’s reported birth.

• In the “This Birth” box there are two mysterious Xs above “Twin” and “Triplet.” Is there a sibling or two unaccounted for?

• What is the significance of the mysterious numbers, seen vertically, on the document’s right side?

• Finally, the “Signature of Local Registrar” in box 21 may be a desperate attempt at establishing the document’s Hawaiian authenticity. Note to forgers: It is spelled “Ukulele.”
45/47

OreoCookie
Apr 27, 2011, 01:20 PM

Wow, it took Obama a very long time to forge, eeh, I mean `obtain' a piece of paper
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

screener
Senior User
Apr 27, 2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
larger pic

List of "new concerns" from the Smoking Gun
• If the original document was in a bound volume (as reflected by the curvature of the left hand side of the certificate), how can the green patterned background of the document's safety paper be so seamless?
This one is easy, security watermark.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 02:08 PM

45/47

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 02:20 PM

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2011, 02:31 PM

It looks real to me. If it's a forgery they did a very good job.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I have yet to see anyone demonstrate that. Most of the figures I've seen cited regarding his legal fees lumped together all of his 2008 presidential campaign related legal expenses (which continued into his first term as these things normally do, since it takes time to officially disband the campaign).
So no lawyers or consultants advised in any manner on this issue, or made any attempts on his behalf to twart any legal or personal investigation into the matter? Is that your understanding?

screener
Senior User
Apr 27, 2011, 02:47 PM

So no lawyers or consultants advised in any manner on this issue, or made any attempts on his behalf to twart any legal or personal investigation into the matter? Is that your understanding?
Even if he did get advice, so what, are you going to let this go now?

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Well, stupendousman has proven himself a damn fool willing to believe anything if it has a miniscule ability to be detrimental to the Libs and Dems.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. I stated what I believed, and why I had my doubts based on the facts. I also explained what I felt was reasonable to allay those doubts and said when and if such a simple effort was made, I'd be satisfied. I already stated my satisfaction in regards to his citizenship at this point.

The thing is, it would seem it would have been easy to have done years ago. For some reason, Obama didn't want to do what would have been easy and save a lot of time and questions. I'm guessing he had to have a reason for stonewalling this long, and it had nothing to do with honesty and transparency.

But we already knew that.

Wait....he is still saying Obama has something to hide?
I have no idea. The only reason I think that Obama could have for being so uncooperative in acting transparently was that, or he's just not all that bright. While he pushes me toward the latter option daily, I really don't have enough information to figure it out one way or another.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 02:56 PM

I'm sure at some point he talked to someone about it. But I have seen no evidence that Obama "spent a considerable amount of time, money and energy," in your words, on it, and you have yet to substantiate that claim. Therefore, it is not convincing toward your argument that there must be something to hide. The burden of proof is on you.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 02:59 PM

The real question is, why is he releasing it now? What is he trying to distract us from?

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
The real question is, why is he releasing it now? What is he trying to distract us from?
The budget!! He's trying to flood the newswaves and distract everyone from the budget that's going to ruin America! Damn his fiendish hide!
Get it? Because he said the opposite. Get it?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 03:17 PM

Tee hee.

Atheist
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2011, 03:59 PM

YThe thing is, it would seem it would have been easy to have done years ago. For some reason, Obama didn't want to do what would have been easy and save a lot of time and questions. I'm guessing he had to have a reason for stonewalling this long, and it had nothing to do with honesty and transparency.
You really don't get it, do you? If I were Obama I would have done the same thing. Wait around and watch all you idiots make complete fools of yourselves. I think it was a classic move.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 04:12 PM

Why, if Obama was born on August 4, 1961, was the “Date Accepted by Local Reg.” four days later on August 8, 1961?
I was born on the 11th and my certificate was received on the 28th.

They apparently smuggled me on the slow boat from Kenya.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 04:14 PM

It looks more real than my birth certificate.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by subego
I was born on the 11th and my certificate was accepted on the 28th.
In that case, why was Obama's certificate accepted so quickly? Obviously it was fast-tracked for some nefarious purpose.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 04:15 PM

I don't understand why people are posting that as if it was serious.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 04:17 PM

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:19 PM

The thing is, it would seem it would have been easy to have done years ago. For some reason, Obama didn't want to do what would have been easy and save a lot of time and questions. I'm guessing he had to have a reason for stonewalling this long, and it had nothing to do with honesty and transparency.
You know it's one thing to be ignorant. It's quite another to be willfully obtuse. The point has been made ... repeatedly ... that the certification of live birth is prima facie evidence of Hawaiian citizenship. The point has also been made ... repeatedly ... that it was against the law for the State of Hawaii to release the "original long-form birth certificate" that you birthers have been stuck on stupid about even to President Obama. He had to request a special waiver of Hawaiian state law to obtain a certified copy of this. The document that President Obama produced in 2008 was the exact same document that any person born in the State of Hawaii would receive when they requested their "birth certificate" for any reason.

So the question isn't why he was "stonewalling" ... because he wasn't. The question is why you birthers take issue with official State of Hawaii documents when it comes to President Obama ... but no one else? Especially when Hawaiian state officials ... including the GOP governor at the time ... vouched for their authenticity? And the million dollar question is why does President Obama, the guy actually born in the United States, have to jump through hoops and hurdles to satisfy you clowns ... yet you saw no reason whatsoever to question the citizenship of the white guy he was running against, the one who was actually born overseas?

OAW

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:20 PM

I don't understand why people are posting that as if it was serious.
I'm stuck on this one too. Is my funny broken? Does my internet sarcasmometer need to be calibrated? Or was that Smoking Gun web page completely tongue-in-cheek?

greg

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:23 PM

To be clear, I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid people would laugh at me and make me look bad...but since you've come out with it I can now agree and point out that I thought it the whole time but still put the blame on you if we're wrong.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 04:23 PM

I'm stuck on this one too. Is my funny broken? Does my internet sarcasmometer need to be calibrated? Or was that Smoking Gun web page completely tongue-in-cheek?

greg
I read half the points as being clearly tongue-in-cheek, and therefore view the whole piece as such.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:24 PM

greg
Of course it was seeing as how it started off with ...

So here’s a few nutty points about the birth certificate sure to be seized upon by the nonbelievers:
That doesn't take a properly calibrated sarcasmometer. That only takes Reading Comprehension 101.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 04:25 PM

To be clear, I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid people would laugh at me and make me look bad...but since you've come out with it I can now agree and point out that I thought it the whole time but still put the blame on you if we're wrong.
That's why I tried to get some clarification from BadKosh, but his posts always take on the quality of farts on an elevator. Once he reaches his destination he gets off and leaves us to suffer the consequences.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
That doesn't take a properly calibrated sarcasmometer. That only takes Reading Comprehension 101.

OAW
Good thing you put the winky face in there - otherwise I would've assumed you were calling me illiterate.

You looked, didn't you.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 04:29 PM

Looks fine, but the delay looks suspicious. Face it, he screwed up with that. I know that if *I* were under that much pressure I would have just whipped out the right paperwork and told my detractors to pound sand. Was he grandstanding? If so, that's one hell of a way to waste time. Was it actually lost and they recently found it? Who in the hell really knows what happened besides Barry and his staff?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 04:32 PM

I don't know about suspicious. What was the deal with Bush's military transcripts (Which read as a very close parallel to me)? God knows that soap opera went on forever and when they finally got released that too turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Of course, there were no short form military certificates that should have sufficed.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:34 PM

Good thing you put the winky face in there - otherwise I would've assumed you were calling me illiterate.

You looked, didn't you.
Not at all. I was simply agreeing with you that it was pretty obvious that the Smoking Gun article was tongue in cheek.

Indeed.

OAW

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Looks fine, but the delay looks suspicious. Face it, he screwed up with that. I know that if *I* were under that much pressure I would have just whipped out the right paperwork and told my detractors to pound sand. Was he grandstanding? If so, that's one hell of a way to waste time. Was it actually lost and they recently found it? Who in the hell really knows what happened besides Barry and his staff?
The delay only looks suspicious if you think that people outside of 9 page threads on MacNN and sites like WorldNetDaily actually give a sh*t about this (again, the operating assumption of people like stupendousman seems to be that it takes a lot of money and effort to ignore lunatics -- it doesn't). The reason they decided to release it was because Trump made a splash in the media and got it back in the national news cycle, and now going into the 2012 election he and any other Republican presidential candidates who try to court the hard-core Tea Party "birther" element to cement the base during the nomination fight will look like idiots.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 04:41 PM

TIN FOIL HAT ALERT

Obama Is Right, There Are More Important Issues Than His Birth Certificate
Obama Is Right, There Are More Important Issues Than His Birth Certificate

Such as his extensive intelligence community background and the sealing of Barry Soetoro’s records by executive order

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
April 27, 2011
Barack Obama’s assertion today that there are more important things to worry about than the place of his birth is technically accurate. As we have documented since the very beginning of his presidential campaign, the birther issue is, in the main, a distraction, a smokescreen designed to whip up a frenzy that has effectively concealed a much bigger story, the history of the CIA creation Barry Soetoro.
The story of the poor son of a Kenyan goat herder who lived in a tin-roofed shack, who made it good, a product of the unwavering American dream, is compelling. But it is just that – a story, a fantasy, a fiction.
We will likely never know the full history of Barack Obama, because his first official act as president on January 21, 2009 was to seal the release of his records with an executive order.
Why?
Those who have delved deeper into Obama’s past moved beyond his birth certificate a long time ago. They have uncovered evidence and clues that indicate Obama’s rare rise to power stems exclusively from extensive intelligence connections.
More at the link above. Remember the CIA is watching you!
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
TIN FOIL HAT ALERT
MISSED SARCASM ALERT

The people in this thread are killing me.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 05:10 PM

The delay only looks suspicious if you think that people outside of 9 page threads on MacNN and sites like WorldNetDaily actually give a sh*t about this
BS, it's been everywhere for > a year. No matter how you slice it, it's been an issue for a while, and not just with Teabag Birthers. He was either grandstanding or it was lost.
I don't know about suspicious. What was the deal with Bush's military transcripts (Which read as a very close parallel to me)?
C'mon, we all admit that Bush was a f**king retard, you going to compare Obama to him?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 05:15 PM

BS, it's been everywhere for > a year.
No matter how you slice it, it's been an issue for a while, and not just with Teabag Birthers. He was either grandstanding or it was lost.
That doesn't make any sense. The only reason anyone would be talking about this is the "Teabag Birthers" who are the ones bringing it up, and most of this talk is simply the response to them reiterating that it is a non-issue. How is it "everywhere"? Outside of journalists challenging Republican candidates to clarify whether or not they agreed with idiots (perhaps not in those exact words) my perception is that it pretty much went away, actually. No one has really been "giving a sh*t" as I put it, in terms of agreeing with the birthers or agreeing that Obama needed to release more information.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 05:22 PM

C'mon, we all admit that Bush was a f**king retard, you going to compare Obama to him?
The parallels are strong. The issue came up during the 2004 election cycle (I even remember they had the token person who remembered seeing BUsh where he was supposed to be) but wasn't resolved until after he was back in office.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 05:22 PM

Looks fine, but the delay looks suspicious.
No, it doesn't. It's been tampered with. Whatever dumbass did this lousy photoshop, Obama is in more trouble than ever.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185094

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185101

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 05:25 PM

That doesn't make any sense. The only reason anyone would be talking about this is the "Teabag Birthers" who are the ones bringing it up, and most of this talk is simply the response to them reiterating that it is a non-issue. How is it "everywhere"? Outside of journalists challenging Republican candidates to clarify whether or not they agreed with idiots (perhaps not in those exact words) my perception is that it pretty much went away, actually.
Only in your own mind, and in the minds of other Obamites, did it "go away". The average American was still talking about it at the water cooler, barber shop, super market, etc.. I know it was buzzing around here the whole time, but Barry didn't see fit to just drop the paperwork off to the proper dept. How damned hard is that? Why not just do that instead of waiting for the issue to "go away"? That's what doesn't make any damned sense. Why even let it lurk out there if you have the fix in your pocket? There's still a problem or something went very wrong and he didn't talk about it. Either way, if you and others can't see that, then your blind spot is much larger than any Birther's.
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 05:28 PM

The average American was still talking about it at the water cooler, barber shop, super market, etc.. I know it was buzzing around here the whole time,
Don't you live in a rather conservative area?

Either way, if you and others can't see that, then your blind spot is much larger than any Birther's.
Oh give me a break. Ignoring that the short form certificate was an official document from Hawaii requires a blind spot.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
No, it doesn't. It's been tampered with. Whatever dumbass did this lousy photoshop, Obama is in more trouble than ever.

-t
Keep the dream alive!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 05:31 PM

Only in your own mind, and in the minds of other Obamites, did it "go away". The average American was still talking about it at the water cooler, barber shop, super market, etc.
Yes, as a running joke, in my experience. A lazy punch line. I don't make a habit of answering ridiculous questions in my own life. I don't see how deciding to not take unserious people seriously is "suspicious." Fact is, whatever is going on by your water cooler, it went away in the national media, but now it's back because of Trump. I believe that the Obama administration is more likely to respond to what is going on in the national media than what is going on by your water cooler.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 06:12 PM

Two things.

First off, I haven't heard any water-cooler talk about this certificate issue past 'those people are nutcases'

Second, seems we can add Turtle to a growing list of the birthers. More come out of the woodwork every second.

Obama wasn't born in America, Bush stole the election.

Same misplaced anger over the other guy getting elected, same level of hysteria.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 27, 2011, 06:13 PM

I don't think turtle is even a birther. He's just a hater, pure and simple.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 06:14 PM

How do we know that Hawaii is even in this country? I know that people say that it is a state and probably mentioned in some sort of document, but how do we know that this wasn't forged by the Free Masons or Aztecs or something?

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post

1/10

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 06:18 PM

I don't think turtle is even a birther. He's just a hater, pure and simple.
Indeed. But as the old saying goes ....

Don't hate the player ... hate the game.

As expected here come the Photoshop accusations from the wingnut crowd. Conveniently overlooking the fact that the White House handed out hardcopies of the "certified original long-form birth certificate" to reporters in the briefing from this morning.

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules