Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > ChosenOS

ChosenOS (Page 3)
Toyin
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2003, 09:07 PM

swiz. 1st of all props for an amazing port of this theme. This is the 1st theme since 10.2 that I've kept for any significant amount of time. The graphics are subtle yet powerful. (And this theme will match my new 12"PB perfectly). I made some modifications that you can see in this screenshot

Basically I found the black line around the title bars distracting because the windows below them were 1 pixel wider on each side. I also liked the fading menus from right to left so I changed the menu selection to a similar scheme but created the fade in the opposite direction (I also added transparency ). The title select I made basically to appear as if a button were pushed in. Personally, I llike the apple menu as an apple. The toolbars seemed a little bland so I used the gradient toolbars for a theme I gave up on last week.

I thought you might consider some of these changes in your next revision but with a more subtle approach (my graphics are always a bit heavy handed). Anyway thanks for porting this. Like I said before...awesome!
( Last edited by Toyin; Jan 20, 2003 at 09:14 PM. )
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

Beer Penguin
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2003, 12:20 PM

If you're looking for ideas on where to take it from here, i would love a port of the honzified version available @ chosenos.tk
Dooby, dooby doo.

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Jan 21, 2003, 01:41 PM

Toyin, it looks like you may still have the frist relased version of ChosenOS, grab the newest version from my site here: http://swizcore.com/macOSX.php , it includes a version with no black lines at all which may be a better starting point for your update suggestions. I will definitely be keping your suggestions in mind. It would be helpful if you woul add them to my support forum because I really want to be able to keep all suggestion for updates in one place for when I bgin the updates.

Beer Penguin, I'll check it out and possibly offer it as another variant for the next release.

Thanks

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

as2
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2003, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Beer Penguin:
If you're looking for ideas on where to take it from here, i would love a port of the honzified version available @ chosenos.tk
Please please please please etc. etc...

The honzified version looks awesome!

Adam
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

headbirth
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2003, 02:10 PM

An inverted negative version might be interesting.

K++
Senior User
Jan 24, 2003, 07:04 AM

Swiz you overlooked one graphic in this theme. The small resize box for when you can't resize. Everytime I see one its a white box. I assume its just a missing image. I am unsure if the large version is also missing but the small definetely is, Transmit makes it apparent.

headbirth
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2003, 10:12 AM

You know, I've seen this on every theme I've used. I wonder if Apple didn't include a resource for it. White would fit in with Aqua.

nycdunz
Senior User
Jan 30, 2003, 06:13 PM

swiz very nice theme, i was wondering if you can provide me with that chosenOSX background? or anyone, I want that background... love the theme! Good job!

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Jan 30, 2003, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by nycdunz:
swiz very nice theme, i was wondering if you can provide me with that chosenOSX background? or anyone, I want that background... love the theme! Good job!
If you download the most recent version, you'll see a folder on the disk image with the desktop pic in it. Available in three different resolutions.

K++, I'll check into that.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

K++
Senior User
Nov 18, 2003, 09:29 PM

I need this theme!

Here I am in Panther finally having an application that doesn't change the entire system theme, but my one beloved theme is nowhere to be found.

Please swiz bring ChosenOS back!

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Nov 18, 2003, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by K++:
I need this theme!

Here I am in Panther finally having an application that doesn't change the entire system theme, but my one beloved theme is nowhere to be found.

Please swiz bring ChosenOS back!
I promise it wont be long.

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2003, 09:59 PM

ChosenOS works if you use Shapeshifter. There are just some things that need to be fixed but it is already usable at this point in my opinion. .

i am yujin
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2003, 10:51 PM

Can't wait for this theme.

Thanks for the iPod one, it's awesome!

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2003, 01:44 PM

honzified!
honzified!
honzified!
honzified!

pretty pretty pretty pretty please??

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2003, 05:26 PM

as for the apple menu, logos or symbols speak louder than words

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Nov 22, 2003, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
as for the apple menu, logos or symbols speak louder than words
I agree.

v0id7
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 03:58 PM

[bump]

bring back chosen!
_______void_______

1c3
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2003, 04:38 PM

nice
Mighty3k @ #MacNN

Forum Links