Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Orbital theme stuff...

View Poll Results: What to do with Orbital Variation?
Poll Options:
Forget it, not necessary 3 votes (5.26%)
Make it a Cappuccino variant 39 votes (68.42%)
Make it a Digital Device variant 5 votes (8.77%)
What is an Orbital? 10 votes (17.54%)
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll
Orbital theme stuff... (Page 2)
fireside
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2004, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by benign:
Whore-away - Wow a tasty Cappuccino is on it's way...
do i see you making any themes? no. so you have to base to say that swiz is a port whore. he has made plenty of original themes, more than you have. so go back to being a retard.

benign
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
do i see you making any themes? no. so you have to base to say that swiz is a port whore. he has made plenty of original themes, more than you have. so go back to being a retard.

Try thinking 'humor' not serious,
not angry just playful humor -
Has all yours been burnt up.

I may be wrong but I think Swiz
knows where I'm coming from...

You on the other hand are in
desperate need of a fireside chat.

You humor-less rump burner.

Simple Empire...

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2004, 07:05 PM

love the direction this is heading swiz.
keep it going.
peace.
bv.
blueverticalstudio_ boston new york los angeles
www.blueverticalstudio.com
www.theblogproject.com

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 21, 2004, 07:22 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who do see where benign is coming from usually.

This may just be because I know how fond he is of Studio Pro.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

valdur
Forum Regular
Mar 21, 2004, 07:39 PM

damn swiz....tighter than a virgin....can't wait to try it out and break it in some...

quandarry
Mar 21, 2004, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by bluevertical:
quandarry. you are just an idiot... with an obvious chip on your shoulder. just because something is not to your liking does not mean it is 'homely'.

bv.
sure it does. it's all relative. you may think dd is a classical work of art...i don't.

where were you when some of the 'better known arteests' gave their DESTRUCTIVE

criticism to some of the themes released in the past. or maybe this is a popularity

thing. "hey it's so-and-so telling us he thinks the theme stinks but he's cool...if he

says so, yeah it must stink". i stopped thinking flat just after kindergarten when i

realized something was going on under my teacher's sweater and skirt.

if you look at swiz's theme some elements have or seem to have subtle shading giving

it a remarkable improvement over total flatness. i would tell swiz (in my opinion) to

add even more subtle shading.

chip? no. flat maybe ok for some people (i hope you enjoy using dd...you are using it

aren't you?) but not for me thanks.

suppatime...i'm outta here!

fireside
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2004, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by benign:
Try thinking 'humor' not serious,
not angry just playful humor -
Has all yours been burnt up.

I may be wrong but I think Swiz
knows where I'm coming from...

You on the other hand are in
desperate need of a fireside chat.

You humor-less rump burner.
what is it with people and thinking i don't have any humor or anything. yeah, i don't have any humor when it comes from annoying little brats. you and Jesus_Christ and quandarry all must be the same or closely related because you all sound the same and act the same and always say that i'm too uptight or crap. i'm perfectly loose, just ask anyone who as actually talked to me besides what my posts are in the forum. maybe YOU need to lighten up. its not funny to make fun of someone, make fun of them again after they defend themselves, and then call it humor. guess what, its not funny. nor will it ever be. i have a great sense of humor, maybe its you that needs a "fireside" chat or a humor lesson.

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Mar 21, 2004, 08:56 PM

swiz it looks so awesome! i can't wait!

quandarry
Mar 21, 2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
what is it with people and thinking i don't have any humor or anything. yeah, i don't have any humor when it comes from annoying little brats. you and Jesus_Christ and quandarry all must be the same or closely related because you all sound the same and act the same and always say that i'm too uptight or crap. i'm perfectly loose, just ask anyone who as actually talked to me besides what my posts are in the forum. maybe YOU need to lighten up. its not funny to make fun of someone, make fun of them again after they defend themselves, and then call it humor. guess what, its not funny. nor will it ever be. i have a great sense of humor, maybe its you that needs a "fireside" chat or a humor lesson.
i know you're only 16 and i know you are on food stamps and yes you are VERY uptight.

one only needs to read your posts in the lounge to see something is wrong, very wrong.

maybe things seem not so bright and life isn't giving you a break at the moment.

i hope everything works out for you, but this is not where you should take out your

frustrations.

fivminwalk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by swiz:
It will be released with the theme as well as a variation of it.

Im always wondering, what resolutions people run so I know what are the best sizes to make them.

I'll start another poll for this.
Right on thanks!

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2004, 01:41 AM

Originally posted by quandarry:
i know you're only 16 and i know you are on food stamps and yes you are VERY uptight.
At least you didn't damage your respectability by resorting to name calling.

quandarry
Mar 22, 2004, 04:51 AM

Originally posted by anti-sleep:
At least you didn't damage your respectability by resorting to name calling.
?

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2004, 06:07 AM

Swiz, look at all the icons in that dock! No wonder you have a 20" monitor... it's to fit all those icons!

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 22, 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Frisbee:
Swiz, look at all the icons in that dock! No wonder you have a 20" monitor... it's to fit all those icons!
Thanks to Quicksilver I now keep zero apps in my dock; just the ones which are running.
Quicksilver RULES!!

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

EweRz Truly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 11:58 AM

SWIZ: Personally I like Digital Device, but as Dennis Miller would say, "but that's my opinion, what the ****?" You are one of the best themers out there (if not the best)...I think you can give Orbital the punch it needs btw...it looks fab in the small screenie you put up.
Regards,
"Phinestein"

fireside
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 12:49 PM

im not even 16. im only 15. get your facts straight.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2004, 01:04 PM

Menu's for SwizzleStick!

maxneosynthetic
Mar 22, 2004, 03:30 PM

Looks very nice this Orbital Swiz, greeeeeat work, thank you for bring us the most beautiful themes.

Digitaljames in Windows!!! I know is only in work

I�ve got orbital in windows too, if you need something tell ya.

Best Regards

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 22, 2004, 05:42 PM

Thanks digitalpajamas

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2004, 06:02 PM

Thanks digitalpajamas
You're welcome Poopsie...now where's my cappuccino tester?

testnull
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 09:49 PM

Orbital looks beautiful. When's it coming?

Oh, and put the variant in the theme - color isn't the only differentiator of what a theme is; there's a lot of different style too.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2004, 10:43 PM

Nice sig, testnull.

testnull
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by codywalton:
Nice sig, testnull.
Thanks. (Slightly off topic) the poster that is linked to is something I threw together in Andrew Stone's excellent Create, which I highly recommend for general page-layout and PDF munging. The Kerry pic is only washed-out because that's the best I could do with the best hi-res pic I could find. I had to do some selective blurring in Corel's now-defunct PhotoPaint for OS X. (I need to pick up a copy of Photoshop at some point but it's so darned expensive...).

Edit: If you change the extension, you can get a PDF, JPEG, or TIFF too.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2004, 11:14 PM

^^
What in sam hill?

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2004, 01:03 AM

Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

quandarry
Mar 23, 2004, 02:03 AM

Nice sig, testnull.
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2004, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by quandarry:
Nice sig, quandarry.

cmove
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2004, 07:49 AM

And so real

FB Eye
Senior User
Mar 23, 2004, 11:08 AM

Hey Swiz, hope this helps

Orbital (huge)

It's slightly different from the screenie you have, and I like it alot. The old pink/brownish touches here and there make it stand out even more. Gives it more personnality...

But what you have so far is super-yummy lookin'

testnull
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2004, 12:00 PM

Ooh, that's a good point. I thought I had a fairly well-thought-out position on the issues, but now I need to reconsider them in light of the fact that one particular photo of President Bush looks like one particular photo of a gorilla. You, sir, are an excellent debater!

Anyway, this is off-topic enough.

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 23, 2004, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
Hey Swiz, hope this helps

Orbital (huge)

It's slightly different from the screenie you have, and I like it alot. The old pink/brownish touches here and there make it stand out even more. Gives it more personnality...

But what you have so far is super-yummy lookin'
I have this image on disc and although it is a nice look it doesnt come close to the sexy factor of the current one.

Dave-o�
Senior User
Mar 23, 2004, 05:11 PM

Oh boy!, Oh Boy!, Mid - Week is almost here!!! (uh that is if it's this week, Swiz wasn't specific in the post to which week, just Mid - Week)...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2004, 12:26 AM

Ya, another off topic thing... How is Senator Kerry a war criminal? You silly republicans do enjoy twisting things around dont you? Lets see, now if we want to get technical about this and go solely on military merits... I read in a recent New Yorker that Mr. Kerry has two purple hearts (that means he got wounded in combat), a bronze star (for heroic action on the field of battle), and saved 4 fellow soldiers. Mr. Bush had it rough too I mean, he flew out on the Texas Air National Guard against who knows what Canadian bogey they got on NORAD. Those Candadian geese seem dangerous to me...

Gimme a break...

Sorry for the offtopic response, I just felt that I couldnt let Kerry be demeaned in such a way. As you were

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

meem
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2004, 04:18 AM

I tried reading all this post but it was getting a little silly. Any way if it hasn't been asked yet. Is there anywhere I can get a complete set of orbital icons for the mac. I got the ones from digitaljames but would realy like all them from the pc version. Has anyone finished DJ's conversion? Are you planning to Swiz? I know its alot of work and would greatly appreciate it.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2004, 04:53 AM

Sorry, i know this post has been trying to stay on topic, but I just need to take it off again for a quick question...

Does anyone have any authoritative links to information about the kerry = war criminal business? All I can find are a) hopelessly right wing pro-bush, b) hopelessly anyone-but-bush, or c) interviews with kerry or his testimony before the senate in 1971 (which, quite frankly, seem like he's covering his tracks and trying to appeal as a humanitarian, which is no more or less than any other politician that ever lived).

I'll resist bringing my own views into this and hope the thread gets back on topic just as soon as someone can post some good links.
DigitalRamen sucks.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2004, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by meem:
I tried reading all this post but it was getting a little silly. Any way if it hasn't been asked yet. Is there anywhere I can get a complete set of orbital icons for the mac. I got the ones from digitaljames but would realy like all them from the pc version. Has anyone finished DJ's conversion? Are you planning to Swiz? I know its alot of work and would greatly appreciate it.
There is NO complete set of Orbital icons for the Mac. The original set was compiled for windows and are only 64 pixels large. Here what was done.

Orbital Conversion

eep
Mar 24, 2004, 11:24 AM

John Kerry:

"I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that," Kerry said. "However, I did take part in free-fire zones, I did take part in harassment and interdiction fire, I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground. And all of these acts, I find out later on, are contrary to the Hague and Geneva conventions and to the laws of warfare. So in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the application of the Nuremberg Principles, is in fact guilty. But we are not trying to find war criminals. That is not our purpose. It never has been."

A June 30, 1971, debate between Kerry and pro-war veteran John O'Neill on "The Dick Cavett Show"

Kerry himself said this not a Republican. Or was Kerry just making this up this for propaganda purposes.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2004, 11:29 AM

Hey, we could get into what a great guy Bush is if you want.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2004, 11:34 AM

Can we cut the political stuff please. I don't mind people having a political sig, in fact I support that. But if I really wanted to argue politics there are countless message boards specifically dedicated to political and social debate.

Let's try to stay on topic. K.

eep
Mar 24, 2004, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by Holigen:
Hey, we could get into what a great guy Bush is if you want.
This isn't about Bush this is about:

"How is Senator Kerry a war criminal? You silly republicans do enjoy twisting things around dont you?"

I was only correcting your statement and enlightening you to the fact that John Kerry himself said it. So I guess the �you silly republicans� was just a reaction based out of ignorance?

Sorry back on topic.

Here's my 2 cents:

I really like the orbital look the only thig I would change are the window widgets. Personally I like the X, + and - symbols on the buttons.

eep
Mar 24, 2004, 11:49 AM

Can we cut the political stuff please. I don't mind people having a political sig, in fact I support that. But if I really wanted to argue politics there are countless message boards specifically dedicated to political and social debate.

Sorry, but the "republicans twisting things" remark needed a response.

I'm done with the politics.

cmove
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2004, 12:01 PM

i agree
Swiz can't wait for your theme i wanted this one since July

FB Eye
Senior User
Mar 24, 2004, 12:04 PM

Is it mid-week in Michigan yet?

[all jiggly with excitement]

meem
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2004, 12:22 PM

thanks thats more than i had before

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 24, 2004, 12:58 PM

Just a heads-up.
Orbital is done.
Cappuccino is done.

After working with the Cappuccino update to Panther I have realized it is in need of alot of refining and tightening up. I am going to release it in its original form (as it has always looked) but rely on your feedback for refining it. I dont want to change things that I think should maybe be changed but end users dont, because honestly, I'll be using Orbital over Capp.

It'll be released shortly.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2004, 01:10 PM

Sounds good swiz.
click one

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2004, 01:20 PM

Just a heads-up.
Orbital is done.
Cappuccino is done.

After working with the Cappuccino update to Panther I have realized it is in need of alot of refining and tightening up. I am going to release it in its original form (as it has always looked) but rely on your feedback for refining it. I dont want to change things that I think should maybe be changed but end users dont, because honestly, I'll be using Orbital over Capp.

and it looks amazing...

cmove
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2004, 01:54 PM

Can't wait swiz

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2004, 04:22 PM

I wonder how many little gnome helpers swiz has to be able to make all of this stuff so fast.
DigitalRamen sucks.

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2004, 08:04 PM

Just a heads-up.
Orbital is done.
Cappuccino is done.

damn swiz!! you are the man!
looking forward to orbital big time!
gracias.
bv.
blueverticalstudio_ boston new york los angeles
www.blueverticalstudio.com
www.theblogproject.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules