Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I just got my 15" Powerbook

I just got my 15" Powerbook
dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 01:41 AM

I got it today. I'm really happy with it. This is an amazing computer. I have a few friends with 17", but I find the 15" the perfect size. Maybe it was my only computer I would have taken the 17'. I'm starting a 10 days short film festival tomorow where we do short films in 48 hours. Done are the days where I had to bring my G4 with a 17" CRT monitor. I can't wait to really use it.

Voch
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 08:13 AM

Congrats. You're making us TiBook holdouts jealous...

Voch

ryju
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2004, 09:32 AM

What exactly are you doing with said-film school involving your powerbook?

dlefebvre  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by ryju:
What exactly are you doing with said-film school involving your powerbook?
I use it to edit films shot in DV using FinalCut Pro and After Effects.
It's not a film school, it's a collective involving both profesionnals and amateurs. I was myself a professional video editor for more thant 12 years, I'm now an operation manager in a Post-production house. The movement is called KINO and was founded in Montreal 5 years ago. There is a monthly screening where we present short films ranging from serious documentaries to stupid animations. Some are amazing some are very bad, it's a totaly free creative process, no films are refused or pre-screened. Over the year Kino got bigger. From a group of 12 persons 5 years ago the Montreal cell now has over 150 active directors showing an average of 15 films a month. Since we started to get invited to film festivals we exported the concept and created cells where we went. There is about 30 cells all over the place: Paris, Bruxel, Hambourg, Helsinski, Vancouver, Madison in Wisconsin. You can chek-out Madison's Kino website Wis-kino. During the year, there is more and more events called Kino Kabaret, mostly happening during Film Festivals. We shoot films on the spot in 48 hours. Since there's is a lot of professionals taking vacations just to do this, the result are surprisingly impressive, considering the time we have. All in all, it's very fun.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2004, 10:25 AM

Enjoy (though I still favor the 17, heh heh).

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

dlefebvre  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 10:49 PM

I know it's pointless to post about technology self discoveries, but I can't help myself, I'm currently browsing in the living room, Airport is great.
( Last edited by dlefebvre; Oct 15, 2004 at 08:55 AM. )

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 14, 2004, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by dlefebvre:
I use it to edit films shot in DV using FinalCut Pro and After Effects.
It's not a film school, it's a collective involving both profesionnals and amateurs. I was myself a professional video editor for more thant 12 years, I'm now an operation manager in a Post-production house. The movement is called KINO and was founded in Montreal 5 years ago. There is a monthly screening where we present short films ranging from serious documentaries to stupid animations. Some are amazing some are very bad, it's a totaly free creative process, no films are refused or pre-screened. Over the year Kino got bigger. From a group of 12 persons 5 years ago the Montreal cell now has over 150 active directors showing an average of 15 films a month. Since we started to get invited to film festivals we exported the concept and created cells where we went. There is about 30 cells all over the place: Paris, Bruxel, Hambourg, Helsinski, Vancouver, Madison in Wisconsin. You can chek-out Madison's Kino website Wis-kino. During the year, there is more and more events called Kino Kabaret, mostly happening during Film Festivals. We shoot films on the spot in 48 hours. Since there's is a lot of professionals taking vacations just to do this, the result are surprisingly impressive, considering the time we have. All in all, it's very fun.

Sounds like fun...I'll have to look into that Madison one...
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Mafia
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by dlefebvre:
Airport is great.
ya it is
http://www.mafia-designs.com

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2004, 01:27 PM

Airport express sometimes great but when it starts loosing the signal drives me crazy!

Forum Links
Forum Rules