Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > is it possible to back ibook in time/system backup

is it possible to back ibook in time/system backup
hanumanji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 04:40 PM

just bought a new power book and I was trying to transfer over my pictures from my picture library on to my ipod then over to my powerbook, and I went into my pictures and made another folder to move them over in. so in the end my pictures are not comming up in iphoto corectly any more(after a repair i did to at least see them in iphoto) are all messed up and there are several missing and the transfer did not work. so is there a way to back the computer in time to before I messed with my picture library? I have done this on a pc before and I am not sure if you can do it with a mac? i need some help......
thanks all.....

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2005, 04:42 PM

No.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

hanumanji  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 04:47 PM

interesting,
i guess pc's need the extra safety net because they are so problematic

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2005, 04:54 PM

OK, first things first. How did you transfer the photos? From an older Mac? You could have used the Migration Assistant for that.
How did you transfer the photos to your iPod, just copied them over, using the iPod as a hard drive?
If so, and you still have them on the iPod, you can transfer them to the PowerBook hard drive and import them in iPhoto. May have to start from scratch if the older library data is missing or corrupted.
Any extra information you can give might be enough to help out. Your first post was too vague.

hanumanji  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 05:11 PM

what i did is i went into my pics not into iphoto to ge the pics to transfer, i tried to combine all of the files of my photo library into one folder to make it easier,little did i know that i guess this corupted the library. because after i used my ipod as a hard drive to transfer, all of the pics, came up as unreadable, and then my photos in iphoto were not there anymore. i was able to get some of the photos back in the i photo(on my ibook, note there are still not any on the powerbook at this time) but the photos i was able to get back in there we in there oraginal version uncropped, basically without adjustments. also there are photos missing.....so i guess i am pretty much screwed huh?

hanumanji  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 05:18 PM

also i am asking do u even know what i mean by....backing up the system? but rewinding the system to before i did the deed.....

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2005, 05:27 PM

Yes. I've heard of that on Windows and it's not a part of OSX.

hanumanji  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 05:51 PM

thanks alot so i will just be thankful that i have aleast a few of my photos still.....the cup is half full.....
peace

Forum Links
Forum Rules