Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > XP dfold setup help needed...

XP dfold setup help needed...
The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2002, 05:48 AM

Just wondering if anyone could give me some help with setting up the dfold screen saver on my sisters new 2.2 ghz P4 PC (Would have been a Mac but the full story is in the Powermac forum...).

Basically, it is all up and running, and crunching at a fair rate, however, it so far hasn't connected to upload the data...It tries to do so when the screen saver is shutdown, but as my sister has a dial up connection it is not always connected.

What I want to find out is, if there is a way of forcing the data upload, or getting it to dial up AND shutdown when needed...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Marc

P.S. She is already signed up to MacNN, user name nicxjr although not showing up on the lists yet...!!

SkiBikeSki
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2002, 04:59 PM

I'l conquer that problem when I go home for the summer. But for now I'm on a LAN and have no Dial-Up, so I can't be much help right now.
-- SBS --

The Placid Casual  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2002, 05:40 PM

Thanks, much appreciated

Marc

Forum Links
Forum Rules