Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook 15" Aluminium

View Poll Results: Information about Powerbook 15" Alu
Poll Options:
Some problem about Powerbook? 5 votes (35.71%)
Is the powerbook 15 the right one? 11 votes (78.57%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
PowerBook 15" Aluminium
LEGOLAS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2003, 01:25 PM

Hallo everyone,
i'm not still a Mac user, but i'm very interested to switch to Mac as soon as possible.
By reading the Apple Forum on www.apple.com i saw there are a lot of post about some problems about hardware or software troubles. Probably they are less than in a Microsoft Forum .
Now i need an opinion about PowerBooks about hardware and software too.
My email, if someone wants to write directly, is: [email protected]
Thank you very much for your help. I hope to be as soon as possible a Mac user as you are.

Stefano

gomariners
Nov 23, 2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by LEGOLAS:
Hallo everyone,
i'm not still a Mac user, but i'm very interested to switch to Mac as soon as possible.
By reading the Apple Forum on www.apple.com i saw there are a lot of post about some problems about hardware or software troubles. Probably they are less than in a Microsoft Forum .
Now i need an opinion about PowerBooks about hardware and software too.
My email, if someone wants to write directly, is: [email protected]
Thank you very much for your help. I hope to be as soon as possible a Mac user as you are.

Stefano
I have no idea what this poll means... Both options are questions...

spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2003, 03:29 PM

i think the first means, the PB15 has some issues - check me if its problematic and the second option is the PB15 is perfect, - check me if you recommend it
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

Ryan1524
Senior User
Nov 23, 2003, 03:35 PM

ow, so i'm not the only one who didn't get it...
Ryan

beefstu01
Nov 23, 2003, 06:46 PM

I'm a student and I just got a 15" AlBook 1.25 Ghz. It's beautiful! After my screen was replaced, I've got nothing but compliments about it. This is an amazing machine... get it.

The Jinx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2003, 09:17 PM

Hi all,

I'm also new here.

I've ordered my Al 15" PB and should arrived in few weeks time as it's out of stock from Local Apple Store.

I've ordered 15" 1.25Ghz,SD,1GB SDRAM and I also put in Virtual PC in it as my Office will be using PC while I'll be the only with Mac!

Regards
sbw
- Decided & Bought -
15" PB G4 1.25 GHz, 512 DDR RAM, 80GB HD, SD, AP, BT and VERY HAPPY WITH IT!

bamchum
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2003, 04:34 PM

Mine has given me nothing but problems so far. Much of this is due to AppleCare incompetence.

I've now sent it to AppleCare in Amsterdam three times. The first time, I sent it for the following complaints:

1) White spots
2) Awful airport reception
3) Warped lid
4) Keys on lower right side of keyboard made annoying "click" sound as if they were sticky (from day one)

I got it back and only problem 1 had been fixed. So I sent it back to Amsterdam.

Got it back and only problem 2 had been fixed. Worse, they introduced a new problem:

5) big gap between the bottom case and the top of the bottom case visible all along the front and that flexed when you applied weight to the palmrests.

So now it's back with Apple for a third time. There has been no explanation for why they didn't bother to fix the other problems.

If it comes back this fourth time and is not perfect, I'm asking for a new one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules