Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.5 - I've got problems. Expert help needed.

10.3.5 - I've got problems. Expert help needed.
booboo
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2004, 12:40 PM

Symptoms:

Expose 'show desktop' stops working properly - exposes desktop for a couple of seconds only, then changes its mind.

Excessive CPU usage somewhere - can't see where in Activity Monitor - but it doesn't look as if the total reported adds up to 200% as it should . Major slowdown, Typing is about 5 letters behind.

Entourage gives me an Error -600. And I can only Force Quit.

App's sort of Quit - they lose their running black triangle in the Dock, and I can't switch to them - but I can see them in the App switcher (Command-tab) and they are still running according to Activity Monitor.

I called up the Force Quit window, which then wouldn't function or allow itself to be dismissed.

A Restart has fixed it - as it did three times before.

I've run Disk Utility, and repaired permissions, and installed no new drivers . . .

I am not Terminal savvy, as you might have guessed, and willing to try anything (twice ;-_)

Do you have any ideas?

G4/533 DP, 1GB RAM, 10.3.5, 4.7GB free

TIA

Fredo
Senior User
Aug 26, 2004, 12:57 PM

Who are the Brain Police?

Forum Links
Forum Rules