Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > In the Shadow of the Moon ...

In the Shadow of the Moon ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2008, 09:15 AM

Watched it over the weekend, worth checking out.

In the Shadow of the Moon
In the Shadow of the Moon
In the Shadow of the Moon (2007)

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2008, 07:24 PM

I caught this in theaters last summer, I REALLY enjoyed it. If it wasn't for Mike Collins, I wouldn't have enjoyed this as much as i did. Out of all of them, I really got the sense that Collins "got" what he'd been able to do.

The lack of Neil Armstrong in there was rather conspicuous- to the point that I got into an argument with my girlfriend about whether he was still alive or not. My money was on dead.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n View Post
I caught this in theaters last summer, I REALLY enjoyed it. If it wasn't for Mike Collins, I wouldn't have enjoyed this as much as i did. Out of all of them, I really got the sense that Collins "got" what he'd been able to do.

The lack of Neil Armstrong in there was rather conspicuous- to the point that I got into an argument with my girlfriend about whether he was still alive or not. My money was on dead.
Neil appeared in another movie last year:

The New 7 Wonders of the World (2007) (TV)

I think his death would be well published.

-t

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Neil appeared in another movie last year:

The New 7 Wonders of the World (2007) (TV)

I think his death would be well published.

-t
Oh, I know we'd have known, I was just thinking it might happened during the living in a tent phase of ol' Danno's life. Would have been sweet to hear from him in this flick, though.

Tiresias
Feb 29, 2008, 11:47 AM

Neil Armstrong screwed up his first words from the moon: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"? No. That should be "a man".

Bet the boys gave him hell for that one.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 29, 2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Neil Armstrong screwed up his first words from the moon: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"? No. That should be "a man".
Nah, he was just "Thinking Different" early on

-t

Spliff
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2008, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n View Post

Armstrong is alive still. Apparently, he's reluctant to speak publicly about his experiences and only rarely speaks in public at all. I think I read somewhere that he doesn't want landing on the moon to be associated with an individual, but rather as an achievement of humanity.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2008, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

Bet the boys gave him hell for that one.
you're trying to tell me that armstrong himself came up with that line? i just caught 5 weeks of stewart with no writers, and while i love the guy, he's just not that clever.

and Spliff, I fully agree with your post on the thinkings of Neil Armstong, if they're true. to a point that was one of the themes of this movie anyway- any other era and they'd just be test pilots (at best) but for some reason, these so and so's got to go to the moon.

i have no qualms with Armstrong or any of these men.

Tiresias
Mar 2, 2008, 05:01 AM

I'm not saying Armstrong came up with the line. I'm saying he screwed it up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules