Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Razer Pro-Click Mobile Mouse lag

Razer Pro-Click Mobile Mouse lag
Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 25, 2008, 08:26 PM

Hey All,

Got a Razer Pro-Click Mobile Bluetooth mouse for Christmas — of which I've read good reviews — to accompany my unibody MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, while tracking performance of this mouse is supposed to be a major selling point, I've had poor results so far. The mouse is laggy and choppy, and behaves as if the computer is under heavy load. There are no drivers for the mouse, so I'm unsure what to install/reinstall. Any thoughts? Thanks.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]
http://www.sboobtv.com

joe
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2008, 10:47 PM

Are you sure about the drivers? Razr shows some ProClick drivers on their web site for OS 10.4 and 10.5.

I just bought one of their Deathadder Mac Edition mice. I installed their latest drivers but it seemed to track pretty well with the default OSX10.4.11 drivers beforehand. This is not to say you'd have the same experience. But there may something else affecting your mouse. Maybe a conflict with other drivers? Mouse surface? Bluetooth interference? Bad batteries? Or maybe you have a defective mouse out of the box? They have some troubleshooting tips on their web site (razerzone.com).

Cory Bauer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 29, 2008, 02:48 PM

Thanks Joe. The drivers on their website aren't supposed to be for the mobile version of the ProClick, but maybe I'll give them a shot anyhow. One of the features listed for this mouse was that no drivers were required. I have tried different surfaces and am actually in a completely different house (was home for the holidays during my first post) and am still experiencing lag with my new mouse.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]
http://www.sboobtv.com

joe
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2008, 03:52 AM

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but I use to have an Apple BlueTooth Mouse that lagged quite a bit. After about 2 seconds of inaction the mouse would immediately go into standby mode to conserve battery power. This would result in the mouse being unresponsive for the 1st half inch or so of motion as it "woke up."

I found this extremely annoying and it seems to affect all wireless mice that I've tested to varying degress - not just Bluetooth mice. Tho some models seemed to be less susceptible than others (a friends Logitech laser mouse for example). For the time being I prefer to carry a wired mouse in my notebook case. The convenience of not having to worry about batteries and lag offsets the need to plug it in (for now).

Forum Links
Forum Rules