Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac.com spam!!!

Mac.com spam!!!
TATungseth
Mar 9, 2000, 06:22 PM

Ok, is anyone else having this problem? I am starting to get spam through my mac.com e-mail address. In my case, someone must be getting an address list or something, because I have not yet EVER sent any e-mail from my mac.com address, nor have I given this address out to anyone. I am going to use it as a business e-mail address, but I have not yet set up the business.

I have been getting 2-3 a day since this past weekend, with four new ones today. They are standard AOL fare -- credit repair, background investigations, spam services, etc.

Anyone? If this is going to be a problem on mac.com, it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Linda
Mar 11, 2000, 01:35 PM

Hi there,

I check my mac.com email a dozen times a day with Outlook Express and have never, ever, received a SPAM mail. And I use the account quite a bit to send and receive other mail, as well.

What are you using as an email client with mac.com? Perhaps Outlook Express is performing a SPAM filter that I don't know about? (I do have the Junk Mail Filter turned OFF in Outlook Express.)

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited 03-12-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules