Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Crossover+CS 1.6+Macbook

Crossover+CS 1.6+Macbook
silentsnake09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2006, 08:00 PM

OK my "Blackbook" is going to be here on tuesday or Wednesday and I was wondering how CS 1.6 on steam runs with crossover? I am assuming that it will run just fine. CS: Source isn't even bootable though right? Should my Blackbook perform better than my current powerbook g4 1.33 with some of the older games I play (wolfenstein etc.)
Macbook Black: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 120GB hard drive Double-layer SuperDrive
<edited by the management>

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 18, 2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by silentsnake09 View Post
OK my "Blackbook" is going to be here on tuesday or Wednesday and I was wondering how CS 1.6 on steam runs with crossover? I am assuming that it will run just fine. CS: Source isn't even bootable though right? Should my Blackbook perform better than my current powerbook g4 1.33 with some of the older games I play (wolfenstein etc.)
Depends on the game. I the graphics card on your G4 1.33 is a Radeon 9600, which is definitely a better card than the one in your Macbook. For older games based on the Quake 3 engine such as Wolfenstein, your Macbook should be fine. For games made within the last 2-3 years that use hardware texture and lighting (I think Halo is one), your Powerbook will perform much better.

Honestly the Macbook is not a great gaming notebook. The Macbook Pro is much better.

CS should run just fine on a Macbook.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

silentsnake09  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 11:38 AM

yeah i know MBP is better for gaming, all i wanna run is older stuff like wolfenstein and CS. I figure with the money i saved with buying MB instead of MBP I can get a xbox360.
Macbook Black: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 120GB hard drive Double-layer SuperDrive

silentsnake09  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2006, 02:43 PM

well i got my macbook and i thought i will update you guys. this game runs flawless on my blackbook with 1gig memory with crossover

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2006, 05:19 PM

Wow, actually a little surprised. What FPS are you getting and on what resolution?

Forum Links
Forum Rules