Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > OE 5.0 "Deleting"

OE 5.0 "Deleting"
TATungseth
Mar 19, 2000, 05:28 AM

Simple questions, but all Microsoft help sources are devoid of an answer.

Does anyone know:

1) With no adjustments, such as setting up a script to do it, how long are sent messages kept? Are they kept forever unless you delete them manually or do so via a script?

2) With OE set up with a Hotmail account, how long are deleted messages kept on the Hotmail server? All of the Microsoft sources say that those messages are deleted periodically, and I wondered if this means daily, monthly, etc.

If anyone knows, thanks.

L. D. Ford
Mar 21, 2000, 12:32 PM

Yes, to Question #1. Unless you specifically set a schedule or an AppleScript, OE will keep your Sent Messages until you run out of room on your hard drive or RAM to open OE in.

As far as #2 goes, I don't have Hotmail and I can't answer that one. You can sign up to the Mac-OE Mailing list at http://www.macemail.com/oe/ and ask someone there. I'm sure one of the developers could answer your question. Or, go to Hotmail and see if there's an email address you can write to for Tech Support.

HTH

LD

Forum Links
Forum Rules