Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So who hates their mother?

So who hates their mother?
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 07:28 PM

I am pretty sure I do. She fights with me every ****ign day. I do my best to ignore her, I never talk to her, she always talks to me.

I hate her, with every vein in my body.

Some people are just not ment to know eachother, I think I was meant not to know my mother.

She has this way with people, she can piss anyone off, and she has. She has no friends, my father left her, she has pissed off pretty much every neighbour we have had. She is just this thing that people can't help but hate.

So why am I writing this? Well, because right now I have images of myself killing her going through my mind. I don't think I would do this, but I need to get these to stop. This is not normal. Either I have a problem, or she does this to everyone.

There we go, I feel a bit better. No, I don't think I am a twisted physcho, I think my problem is that I just take this crap from my mother all the time, I just sit there, and don't say anything, as she yells at me. It is hard to do, but it is better than the alternative. Should I fight back, life is a living hell for the next couple of days. She will come into my room, turn on the lights, sit down and start talking and yelling at me, in the middle of the goddamn night. Yesterday, I told her about a crack in my computer. So she comes in last night, turn on the light, and starts staring at my computer, where the crack is. WTF. Then she says I am very mad at you? DOuble WTF.

The upside is that now I can take crap from anyone!!!

Downside is that I have lost some of my hearing from when I blast music to drown her out.

Yes, I am being very harsh. I don't think I hate her all the time, just sometimes. She is a good person though, she has good intentions. But I guess everyone has their Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde...

So, no I don't hate my mother, but I have to say this, or I will go crazy. I am damn serious, I will go crazy. I hear a radio every night when I go to sleep, but there is none playing, I talk to myself and sometimes I am not even concious of this, the people on the bus are though. My conversations are often rather difficult to understand because I think to far ahead in them, and forget to say things that get me from one point to another. Alright, maybe I am crazy, but not from my mother. Perhaps I have come to develop a dilluded image of my mother, one that is not true. Perhaps I am the problem. Well, whatever. I suppose the only thing that I can do is to try and show her some respect, and then maybe she will lay off. It will be hard, but it will get easier.

So, get your flame throwers ready, I am covered with oil. Flame me, I don't care... I can take anything remember?

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2002, 07:33 PM

How dare you?

You were spawned through your mother's deliberate intent (or at least raised through it), and now you're asking who hates their mother?

While this thread doesn't trip any guidelines to be deleted or closed, I think it's a degredation of social integrity.

It's rambling, incoherent, puerile garbage.

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 07:36 PM

I should take this down, but I won't. If my image gets tarnished too much here, I will simply leave. This forum takes up too much time anyways.

Sealobo
Apr 1, 2002, 07:36 PM

i don't like my mother, but i definitely don't hate her.

i think it's a mixed feeling. 11011001 i think you're confused.

andi*pandi
Apr 1, 2002, 07:39 PM

sounds like your mother needs some help coping with your father leaving. How old are you anyway?

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 07:50 PM

17... yup young... teenager who doesn't know anything about life

Uhh.. He left about, God, I don't know, um, 11 years ago. Yes, in grade 1.

We used to go to his house every second weekend, me and my sister. That stopped several years ago. Now has gone off to London, and Siberia for three months, he says he may stay and live there.

Yes, my mother has had it rough. All her parents (mother, father, aunt who was like a mother) died within 3 or 4 years.

Her best friend stopped talking to her after she found someone and got married.

Oh, and my sister is extremely disbaled.

So, yes, there is certainly reason for her taking things out on me. And to be honest I don't really mind, just sometimes it gets to me, like it did about 15 minutes ago, and I had to do something about it.

sealobo I am confused, you are right.

seanyepez I am a jerk, I know. I and people like me are what is wrong with society, this is rather obvious, but we are still human and need to vent some steam every once in a while, or well blow up and do something we regret.

Would I ever kill my mother, no, but I did have some flashes go through my mind, and they scared the crap out of me.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 1, 2002, 07:50 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 12:36 AM. )

cheerios
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2002, 08:00 PM

May I suggest something that's like the most cliche bit of advice ever? Talk to someone. A REAL someone. If you were in college, I'd say talk to a counselor (we have em, I assume bigger schools do, too). it can be a seriously nice thing to have someone who KNOWS what they're talking about confirm that no, you haven't gone ape-shit crazy, that your family has issues, and it's okay to get frustrated with it. That, and move out asap. sometimes space is all ya need. :Shrug: feel better, dude! I know how it is... I tried to sell mine in the lounge a year or so ago... no one wanted her!!
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

clRagnarok
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2002, 08:02 PM

dude i can't believe you said you have visions of killing your mom. that's f�ckin sick, and you should have your ass kicked for saying it. you know what? some people don't have moms and have to deal with the fact that life is just a long dark corridor of fear and pain by themselves. moms are nice things to have around. get over yourself.
c l R a g n a r o k

alphamatrix
Senior User
Apr 1, 2002, 08:08 PM

My Moms annoying too.

andi*pandi
Apr 1, 2002, 08:08 PM

well, my point wasn't exactly that you were young and ignorant, more like, when I was 15 I hated my mother at least part of the time, I consider it part of growing up, going thru the phase where everything your mother/father does is wrong, embarrassing, stupid, etc.

Then you turn 22 and realize they weren't that bad.

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 08:11 PM

I greatly dislike my mother, a large amount of the time.

Hate is a very, very strong word.

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by clRagnarok:
<STRONG>dude i can't believe you said you have visions of killing your mom. that's f�ckin sick, and you should have your ass kicked for saying it. you know what? some people don't have moms and have to deal with the fact that life is just a long dark corridor of fear and pain by themselves. moms are nice things to have around. get over yourself.</STRONG>
How am I into myself? If I were one who needed to get over myself, I doubt whether I would be able to admit that I am messed up.

Sick **** I am, but at least I am honest, and with that honesty I can work to make myself better. Perhaps what I really hate is myself, this thing that I have become, this thing that could think of killing it's mother.

Dude, if you don't have a mom, you can't really comment on what having a mother is like. It can be rough, but it can be fun. Having a mother is not an easy walk through the park (bad cliche, so what?) If this is the case, I am truely sorry, life sucks huh?

Do I owe her respect? Yes. I do, and I am trying, but I am still human. Do I have to love her all the time because she is my mother? No, because I did not choose to be her kid.

Tsss... he touches himself. He is suprised to find his skin is boiling, and that black and charred portions of it have started to fill the air. He is being flamed, and he doesn't care!!!

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 08:20 PM

OTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>originally posted by andi*pandi:
<STRONG>well, my point wasn't exactly that you were young and ignorant, more like, when I was 15 I hated my mother at least part of the time, I consider it part of growing up, going thru the phase where everything your mother/father does is wrong, embarrassing, stupid, etc.

Then you turn 22 and realize they weren't that bad. </STRONG>[/quote]

For sure, that is where I thought you were going with the question.

I am ignorant though, (I wasn't trying to be mean, just expressing my view of my own situation) in the sense that I have not lived a very long life, and have not yet come to appreciate all the things that I have been given in it, like a mother.

It is really strange, I know that my parents are far wiser than I am, and there will come a time when I will find myself humbled by their experiences, but though I understand this, it does nothing to me on the inside, I don't acknowledge this yet at my core, even though I have a great desire to do so. Hmm, long sentence, sorry, bad grammer, punctuation and all...

Damn, being young sucks. So stereotypical am I, and it kills me. I know what is right, and yet I choose to ignore that, and believe or do something else.

But if only one could just deal with their mind, and not the rest of this stuff, like emotion, instinct!!! Then I think the world would be better, just throw away human nature, and things would be fine, I thinks.

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: 11011001 ]

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2002, 08:22 PM

You are going through what about 90% of young Americans go through in their lives. It's just that it is effecting you more intensely than most others. I went through a period as a teenager where I hated my mother (and although I don't like to use the word 'hate' when I talk about my mom, that's what I thought I felt at the time). I thought she gave birth to me in order to torture me for life. This, however, turned out to be the furthest thing from the truth.

The bottom line is, you are young. The situation with your mother seems incredibly shitty right now, but I can almost guarantee that it will change for the better. As you get older, or more importantly, as you mature, you'll realize that these arguments and things that seem to consume your thoughts are petty. They will fall away from your life, and you will grow closer to your mother as a result.

I know this is of little comfort right now, but it's all anyone can really say about it. If I were to offer some advice on some immediate action to take to help things, I would say one word...COMMUNICATE. I think most people here can agree that the biggest difference in the relationship with your parents now and the relationship you had with them when you were young, is that you actually TALK to them now (or your mother in this case). Honest communication (and yes, it must be honest or it is meaningless) is the key to a quality relationship.

It's not a law that you must love your mother...but hating her this much isn't healthy for anyone. Talking is the best thing you can do right now. And I'll bet that if you open up to your mom, and tell her just how you feel and be totally honest, she'll greatly appreciate it. Raising kids on your own is incredibly difficult as it is, but in your mom's situation (all the things she's gone through lately, and your sister being disabled) adds to that difficult task enourmously!

So, talk to her. Take her to dinner one night, and talk with her about things. Be honest. Be painfully honest, as a matter of fact. If things are as bad as you make them out to be (and I don't doubt that they are), there will probably be a lot of emotion coming out when you open up. But this is a good thing. Let it flow. In the end, things will work out for the better.

Remember....you have one Mother, and she won't be here forever. Try to enjoy the short time you have with her. Because the regret that comes after you can no longer do anything to change this is almost unbearable. Pleas, don't let the precious time you have left to spend with your mom slip away.

...hope this helps. Good luck.

clRagnarok
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2002, 08:34 PM

i have a mom. she gets on my nerves. i get over it.
c l R a g n a r o k

jcadam
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 08:45 PM

wait till you get a mother-in-law

Actually my mother-in-law saw me as a 'nice boy' and so we get along ok.

My own mother and my wife don't get along as well. She [my wife] comes from a family on the low end of middle class (father has blue-collar job, mother is housewife), while my family is on the high end of middle class (mother is software enginner, father is broadcast engineer). I guess my mother didn't see her as 'good-enough'.
I find my mother more annoying now, when she 'talks-down' to my wife.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 1, 2002, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
How dare you?

You were spawned through your mother's deliberate intent (or at least raised through it), and now you're asking who hates their mother?

While this thread doesn't trip any guidelines to be deleted or closed, I think it's a degredation of social integrity.

Yeah now I see why Ca$h hates you. You jump to conclusions and are immediately willing to judge. Very not cool, chill out Was there even a point to your responding at all?

Anyway, 11011001, you're young it'll likely all fall into place later on. Does your mom have problems with any substances? I don't mean to be so presumptuous, but maybe that explains some of it (or not).

As crazy as this may sound maybe she's trying to force you to stand-up for yourself a bit too. In any case you definitely SHOULD stand-up for yourself either way. You know you don't want to "kill" your mom (at least I certainly hope you don't). You no longer have a male role model around 24/7, maybe she's trying to make-up for that (even if she's not doing the best job). If she's not doing a great job, then you need to help her out.

I used to think my mom was something of a bitch for never letyting my father forget that he used to drink alot, even though he'd completely reformed and soberred-up. Don't get me wrong, it only came out in thier little arguments, but it was like her last ditch effort to "win" the argument (or at least that's how I perceived it at the time).

I've recently discoverred that the real reason I was put in special ed. as a kid was because I had A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder). My mother pushed like crazy to get the schools to put me back into "normal" classes. She also tutored me in grade-school level subject matter. I got back into "normal" classes again thanks to her.

My mom could seem very judgemental sometimes, and very "cold" but she wasn't at all. That was just me thinking she was. As for me thinking she was a bitch for reminding my dad about his previous drinking days, well I have no idea what happenned in those days so who am I to judge?

Maybe your mom needs a shoulder to cry on and someone to listen to her. All you can ever do is show her you do care.

Anyway, I'm the youngest of 4 siblings and it was tough losing my parents when I was between 21 and 23. I don't think I got to do everything or express everything to them. There was so much of that "teen angst" I had to burn off, before I really started to respect them more.

Mike

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: MikeM32 ]

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2002, 09:02 PM

<STRONG>How dare you?
You were spawned through your mother's deliberate intent (or at least raised through it), and now you're asking who 'hates' their mother?
While this thread doesn't trip any guidelines to be deleted or closed, I think it's a degredation [sic] of social integrity.
It's rambling, incoherent, puerile garbage.</STRONG>
Oh f*cking take it easy yourself. Every single crack baby and foster child whose parents are strung out and/or incarcerated were similarly "spawned through deliberate intent" (btw, what are you a frigin' salmon?!?!).

Anyway, 11011001 I have a similar situation but in the REVERSE. I absolutely ADORE my mother. Unfortunately, the only things that I have learned from my father are how "not" to do stuff. But at the the end of the day, you and I both know that these are the only parents that we will ever have. Therefore, you just gotta put up with their sh!t, continue to be respectful, and be there for them. Call me crazy too, but I sense that you do feel that way despite the title of the thread. If other people can't see that, it's b/c they are too ignorant to be able to read everything else that you wrote.

If it helps, I had a roommate in college who had a similar sort of problem with his mother. She drove away his father too, and in his own words "ruined every relationship she was ever in" and "was impossible to live with" (including post divorce boyfriends, etc.). Fortunately, he kept a mature outlook which helped him get through a Drexel Engineering program, went to law school, has a job at one of the world's largest law firms doing patent litigation, and is expecting his first child in a few weeks. He too knows a lot about "what not to do," which in some respects can be a more valuable education to have acquired (at least you know certain things that "won't" be good for your own kids). He started out in a single parent home (his mother was a waitress at a bar), and now has a good career, a nice family, a decent house, and a better life.

Unfortunately for you, things will probably get "worse" before they get any better. Just try to keep in mind that as you get older and become an adult things will start to get a "little" easier. Frankly, while the relationship may never be "what you want," the mere fact that you're not going to be subjected to it 24/7 should definitely make it easier (but no more palatable) for you to deal with. Just don't do something now that would foreclose the possibility of you having her as your mother 20 years from now.

But be prepared, b/c as you get ready to go to college she may get even more belligerent (while the reasons for her anger will most certainly continue to remain well hidden). Often, when someone is angry it is b/c something "else" is bothering them. Unfortunately, she probably won't ever disclose the "real" reasons for her anger. But even if she did, it's probably something you couldn't effect even if you wanted to.

So, f*ck it. Do what you got to do to keep your sanity and get through it. You've demonstrated that you already have a good outlook on it with your statement about having acquired something "positive" from the situation (ability to deal with other people's b.s.). Continue to try and learn from both her mistakes and her strong points as you've been doing, and continue to do everything you can to improve yourself as you grow. Keep your cool, and get good grades too dammit! Good luck.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2002, 09:06 PM

i hate to strike an ageist chord, but youre young. certainly too young to deal with a mother who it sounds like has far too much to deal with. my best advice? either 1, learn to deal with a mother whos obviously venting alot of frustrations out on her kid (which granted, isnt right) or 2, move out. ive seen parent/kid relations that were at wits end come together quite nicely after they werent living under the same roof.

its not your fault.

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by MikeM32:
<STRONG>
Anyway, 11011001, you're young it'll likely all fall into place later on. Does your mom have problems with any substances? I don't mean to be so presumptuous, but maybe that explains some of it (or not).
[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: MikeM32 ]</STRONG>
lol, no. She hates alcohol... but she is a book worm...

Hm. I appear to be in a better mood now. Thx all...

Hey, Mike, I had a similar elementary experience. I failed grade 1, cus I could not read, then as I was repeating grade 1 the teacher thought I was really good at math, so she had me slowly reintegrated into the normal grade 2 class. Well, come next year I was in the right grade. But I still could barely read, and write, and was stuck in this thing called ECLP (Extra Corrective Learning Program). By grade 6 I was out of it, and then in grade 7 I was at the top of my class. The point of this: My mother pushed them into accepting that I was supposed to be in the right grade, she even had them test my IQ and stuff, to prove it. She was also the one who taught me to read, if it were not for her I think I would have no future. Probably dead of depression or working at MacDonalds, as a high school drop out.

So really, I am absolutely grateful that I was given the mother I was given.

I hope you all realize that I don't really hate my mother, my ranting was blowing off steam, sometimes that is what it takes to realize ones true feeling towards something. Again I will curse these adolescent emotions of mine, my mind commands one thing, and they do another, what is up with that?

And MikeM32 I am truely sorry that your folks died. That has got to suck... Indeed this gives me second thoughts about how I should treat my mother.

So I will show her the respect that she deserves. I will salvage this thing before it falls all the way to the bottom, it is the least that I can do as payment for everything that she has done towards me.

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2002, 09:10 PM

sheesh! I started my original response after a*p asked you your age, and now there have 25 posts in between.

The Dude
Banned
Apr 1, 2002, 09:18 PM

<STRONG>How dare you?

Smooth move cocheese. You suck.

But back to the thread's point, I naturally get pissed off and severly annoyed with my mom primarily because of my age (good ole 16). I'm pretty confident that this'll change as the years go on.

btober
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2002, 11:08 PM

<STRONG>How dare you?

There are many better ways to handle this situation rather than through your incessant bickering, seanyepez. You really need to hone those people skills of yours...

Now to add something positive to this thread, I really have to agree with everyone who has said that your feelings reflect those of your general age group, 11011001. I realize that everyone has a unique situation to deal with and yours is no exception. Your posts seem to reflect that you know how to deal with your feelings in an appropriate manner. I'm glad that you've found MacNN to be an ideal setting for venting your frustration - it's much better than anything tangible!!!

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: btober ]
«l'innovation, c'est une situation qu'on choisit parce qu'on a une passion brûlante pour quelque chose.» - steve jobs

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2002, 11:16 PM

I love my mother. Very much.

aperfectnoone
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2002, 11:19 PM

How dare you?

your so ****ing gay,go away.[/LIST]
-aperfectnoone

shmerek
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2002, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Timo:
<STRONG>I love my mother. Very much.</STRONG>
I am with Timo on this one I love my mum to pieces, she rocks.

tinrib
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 12:13 AM

move out. easy solution. once you aren't living together your relationship will improve tremendously. I can't live with my mum either, after a couple of weeks we hate each other. But with me in Australia and her in France (no need to go to such extremes) we get on very well and speak once a week on the phone and email .

milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 12:42 AM

Just remember that when your mother passes away, you will miss her greatly and even have some regrets, regardless of the strife that exists between you and her.
F = ma

ringo
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2002, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by tinrib:
<STRONG>move out. easy solution. once you aren't living together your relationship will improve tremendously. I can't live with my mum either, after a couple of weeks we hate each other. But with me in Australia and her in France (no need to go to such extremes) we get on very well and speak once a week on the phone and email .</STRONG>
Jah, ditto, my Mom and I used to argue all the time. I moved far away, now we get along fine.

Some people just can't get along in close quarters. Not your fault, not her fault. I moved out right after HS (17). If you're as miserable as you claim, you should move out as soon as you safely can. You'll both be better off for it.

aperfectnoone
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2002, 01:17 AM

i love my mudah too
-aperfectnoone

spb
Banned
Apr 2, 2002, 03:44 AM

ez solution

KILL yourself , that way its a double whammy

she's pissed off & you're outta there..

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 2, 2002, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by spb:
<STRONG>ez solution

KILL yourself , that way its a double whammy

she's pissed off & you're outta there..

</STRONG>
That's an irresponsible and insensitive post, despite your UBB smiley indicating humor. 11010011 is obviously having a hard time, so you suggest he kill himself. Even as a joke, that's the stupidest thing I've read on this board in a very very long time. Don't be so quick to post next time.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2002, 05:48 AM

Then stop using "the", Daimoni.

Input taken. Thanks!

spb
Banned
Apr 2, 2002, 09:29 AM

i always presumed that macnn was for queries relating somehow to macs , however tenuous they may be.. ? if the aforementioned dickwad needs advice from you bunch of assholes - god help him !!

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 10:10 AM

So if he mentioned his mom crashd his mac would that help?

spb
Banned
Apr 2, 2002, 10:12 AM

kill the bitch !

Lerkfish
Apr 2, 2002, 10:54 AM

not all of us are blessed with a leave it to beaver homelife. Parents are people, and by and large some people are messed up, some very seriously.
The thing you have going for you is you are only one year from going out on your own. You can hang in there for one year.

My own mother died when I was 6. She was, by all accounts, a saint. Everyone who knew her would constantly tell me how wonderful she was (and she was, too!).

Unfortunately, my dad in his grief married a complete witch. If I had a normal kid-size argument with my step sister, she would threaten to have me locked up in an insane asylum...but of course, when dad got home she was all sweetness and light. She moved me out of my bedroom and made me sleep in the hallway so her plants could have a room with sunlight. She had my belongings packed in boxes 9 months before I was to leave for college, and frequently told me how she couldn't wait until I was out of the house. Talking to my dad about it was pointless because he was a strict authoritarian and therefore I must have done something wrong, no matter what.

but.....I got through it, and you will get through this too. Your life has a path instead of a dead end. When you move on, and you will, your feelings will begin to fade and you'll even find yourself having some pity and compassion for your mom. 17 is still having most of your life ahead of you....make it count for something, endure one more year, and then strike out on your own.
If you can help your mom now, do so. If you cannot, encourage her to help herself. If she cannot, give her space and time. If none of that helps, remember that as much as she is a part of your life, she is only a part of your life.

hang in there, buddy. greater things around the corner.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 2, 2002, 11:48 AM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 25, 2004 at 12:37 AM. )

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2002, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by spb:
<STRONG>kill the bitch ! </STRONG>
you are lowering the average intelligence level around here by leaps and bounds. congratulations!

dav
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 12:56 PM

works both ways, parents can get very angry with their kids, but they still love them.

my best friend hates his mom. she almost did have him indefinitely committed to an asylum (spent a few nights till his court date), an intricate plot which involved other family members. and all in the name of money, she wanted to control his inheritance (from his grandfather). crazy.
one post closer to five stars

LeftWingLock
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2002, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by jcadam:
<STRONG>wait till you get a mother-in-law

Actually my mother-in-law saw me as a 'nice boy' and so we get along ok.

My own mother and my wife don't get along as well. She [my wife] comes from a family on the low end of middle class (father has blue-collar job, mother is housewife), while my family is on the high end of middle class (mother is software enginner, father is broadcast engineer). I guess my mother didn't see her as 'good-enough'.
I find my mother more annoying now, when she 'talks-down' to my wife.</STRONG>
Amen Brother!!!

You could be describing my family. My wife used to take it personally until my brother got married and now my mom treats his wife the exact same way.
Half The People I Know Are Below Average

Myrkridia
Senior User
Apr 2, 2002, 01:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 11011001:
<STRONG>
I hate her, with every vein in my body.
</STRONG>

You an me both dude. The main thing I can't stand is when everyone around me says "Oh my god, You mom is just sooo nice." She puts on this big fake show, then when companies gone it's back to ripping into me about whatever she can think of. I swear she was put on this eath just to bitch.

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2002, 01:43 PM

Hey, what's all this talk about women being put on this earth just to b!tch. Now you sound like you're describing my gf, and AFAIK I'm not dating any of your mothers, er . . . am I ???

spb
Banned
Apr 2, 2002, 05:15 PM

look , you killed your mother , big deal , but we're talkin 'bout crashin' yer mac man! Geez , get things in perspective..

anyone can buy a new muv -va , but a mac - that's priceless !

just ask saint steve...

PJW
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2002, 06:12 PM

I know how you feel dude. My mom is getting over a divorce, her dad is dying and her mom is going crazy. Her brothers haven't really helped her with any of it and she's buckling under the pressure. She has a real bad habit of venting on me and starting some horrific arguements. We got into a disagreement once over who was supposed to wash the clothes once and it ended up with her threatening to kick me out of the house with only the clothes on my back. We finally had to call in my dad and the cops to resolve it. When things like that happen, it makes me very angry towards her.

However, I understand that she has some problems and we work through them. The good thing is she realizes she has problems and that makes things a lot easier. All in all, she's a good mom and she's always been there to support me.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

11011001  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 11:08 PM

My mother won't admit that she is faliable. This just steams me. I have to fricken perfect. This morning I was really going to make an effort to have a good day. But first thing I get when I wake up is her yelling at me, so I tell her to **** off. Mistake, I should have not done that. I have no will power

So yes, I really only have one option, to leave.

I would, tomorrow, but my father is off in London and Siberia for three months. So I will try and survive until easter break is done, then I will ask the most perfect girl out on monday, I am pretty sure she likes me. And I will spend every opportunity I have with her, and away from my mother. This of course will take a couple more weeks before I can do this, but it is the only escape that I can think of. Maybe this will give me and my mother the room that we both really need.

Arg... you know if it weren't for this thread I would have probably gone crazy. I could talk to my friends, but my friends are not the sort of people who would give me good advice.

So thx guys.

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2002, 11:21 PM

Look at it this way. The better a relationship you have with your mother, the more pressure you will probably put on women in the future to live up to your expectations. It's probably not much of a consolation at the moment, but based on what you've said, you'll probably have a great relationship with your wife later on. I dunno, I'm the last person you want to talk to about "functional relationships" at the moment. But in any event, it's ok to curse. Just DON'T curse at your mother!

Ilene Hoffman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2002, 12:01 AM

I hold my mother responsible for some of the awful predicaments that I find myself in today. She was cruel and abusive.

I probably would have been more ambitious if not for her. I currently find myself having problems making ends meet. That's how horrific my childhood was.

Ilene Hoffman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2002, 12:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by seanyepez:
[QB]How dare you?

You just don't know, seanyeypez, do you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules