Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage and MS Exchange; can't open JPEG enclosures

Entourage and MS Exchange; can't open JPEG enclosures
Nelsun
Jan 4, 2006, 02:12 PM

I am hoping someone here might be able to clue me in on what I can do to solve a problem. I am one of 2 Macs in a company that is Windows only. So I am my own support when it comes to issues. The other Mac guy is helpless, but I usualy can solve his problems.

My newest problem that I need help with is recieving e-mails with attachments. I am using Entourage. The company uses Outlook. They've just done an upgrade to the Exchange Server to 2003 and went from POP mail to IMAP. After I got the Exchange server address, I was able to set up Entourage and am recieving and sending e-mails successfully.

However, I am finding and my colleague is finding that e-mails with enclosure that are JPEGs and MPEGs will not work. In Preview, JPEGs are not recognized.

Is there a setting I am missing in Entourage I need to set, or is this an issue with the Server? Perhaps it's the way the PC's are sending JPEGs? An encoding issue out of my control? Thanks for any insights! Or maybe I need to set up Mail to recieve IMAP mail?

Nelsun

Forum Links
Forum Rules