Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook power adaptors -- 3-week wait? what's the deal?

PowerBook power adaptors -- 3-week wait? what's the deal?
bbales
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2006, 04:31 PM

The power adaptor on my 12-in PB is on its last legs; the small cord is very frayed and I know I need a new one. Went online to purchase one today, and the Apple store is shoing something like a 1-3-WEEK shipping delay. Best Buy was 1-2 weeks. Comp USA: unavailable.

Why the long wait for these things? I grant you they're not great -- this will be my third one (PB purchased in 2-03) and the reviews are scathing on the Apple Store. But I still need an adaptor. Anyone know why these things are so far on backorder?

romeosc
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by bbales View Post
The power adaptor on my 12-in PB is on its last legs; the small cord is very frayed and I know I need a new one. Went online to purchase one today, and the Apple store is shoing something like a 1-3-WEEK shipping delay. Best Buy was 1-2 weeks. Comp USA: unavailable.

Why the long wait for these things? I grant you they're not great -- this will be my third one (PB purchased in 2-03) and the reviews are scathing on the Apple Store. But I still need an adaptor. Anyone know why these things are so far on backorder?

Smalldog is back ordered also....
http://www.smalldog.com/product/42645

tintin220
Nov 17, 2006, 05:23 PM

you can buy one from macally, not the apple 'official' one and not as purdy, but it works fine and its a heck of a lot cheaper.

edit: Products-Accessories- PSAC4 - AC adapter for G4 PowerBook
♥ PowerBook G4 1.67 15" / Silver 2G iPod Nano

romeosc
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post
you can buy one from macally, not the apple 'official' one and not as purdy, but it works fine and its a heck of a lot cheaper.

edit: Products-Accessories- PSAC4 - AC adapter for G4 PowerBook

another one

http://macwizards.com/store/product_...FQtwVAod4QyIKQ

mduell
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2006, 04:02 PM

Is this another RoHS issue?

Apple really got caught out by this law that has been on the books for quite a while.

Forum Links
Forum Rules